A Barter with the Lady of Pain

Admiral_Kolchak

Ok i keep getting quickly killed by Borga in the class story on Tatooine. Are there any tips on how to do it, am i missing something or is this just insanely hard?

Get yourself some better gear, pull Mako out and set her to healing mode. Upgrade her gear as well. Didn't have any problems with Borga.

How are you spec'd? I'm arsenal and I used Mako to heal myself. I had no problems with taking him down.

Also use good gear. I bought an orange set and always make sure I have the best mods on it for my level that I either make myself or buy using commendations.

If you really have troubles (I for one didn't use Mako cause i had her on a crewskill mission):

you can kite that guy through the arena. After i dropped him to 30% i was nearly dead myself, because I used my Medikits etc already. I just started running through the arena shooting him down slowly.

If you're a merc, than you should have conc missle. Well, your health starts going low and heat high-just mezz him with conc missle, heal, vent heat and get back into the action. I myself haven't gone so far, so I have no clue about the boss fight, but I do use this tactic quite often when I find myself in a tricky situation with no companions.

just make sure that the mob's hp is way below 50%(around 30%) before you do that.

If you can't defeat him by kiting or with Mako healing - your gear is either unbelievably bad for your level, or you're unbelievably bad at this game.

I am leveling as Powertech, and I also solo'ed this guy with Mako doing DPS only. Find some friends and have then join your story area.

• 3 weeks later...
Uhg. I give up on the Bounter Hunter. May try something else. This one is too hard.

Already spend over 20k in gear fixing. I guess I just suck.

If you cant beat it, ask someone to help. Just as long as you keep him off of you, you should be fine.

I haven't had any trouble with any class quests/bosses at all, as a dps arsenal merc. Kiting is difficult with our skill structure, But we have a good selection of melee escapes for stuations like this. Talented rocket punch + jet boost tends to keep him away while you're hitting him with your hard attacks. Having Mako geared and on med watch keeps you healed really well. I can't remember what level you are around that area, but my normal rotation for a gold melee attacker who starts close is: rocket punch and jet boost for damage and distance + slow, tracer till he's in melee range again (3X or so), rocket punch once it's off cd, then unload (more slow), tracer 2 more times, rail, all the time using rocket punch and jet boost whenever they're off cd. Throw in electro shock whenever you can, and keep the tracers going. They do great damage and build those debuffs. If you're anywhere around the wuest level you shouldn't have any trouble at all. With our damage output and makos healing, we should very rarely have to kite, and our abilities make that a losing prospect in a long fight anyway, since our best damage moves root us for extended periods.

Yeah I had to call in help as well. he hit too hard for me to stand there and fight him and Mako couldn't keep me up...

I'm sure I could have taken him down if I tried enough times but I really didn't feel like it, so I called in help, with the help of a Sith we crushed him in no-time.

I also needed help on the next part of the quest that you are going to do... these are the only 2 bosses that I have had trouble with so far and I'm lvl 42 now

As a body guard, I had no issue beating him. Actually the fight was pretty long, but I manage to beat him. I did use every single type of defense there is to use (shield, medpack, self heal etc) but still beat him at the end on the first try.

Kiting helps A LOT!

as a bodyguard (healer) you should NEVER go toe-to-toe against a melee. that is just bad news :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...