The adventures of Forced Companions Daycare

bright_ephemera

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh, I do love blanket forts. As mentioned by Nalenne and Jaesa on a few occasions on another thread. :D

But first, I have a spinoff on iamthehoyden's chemistry suggestion!

On WEDNESDAYS, FCD is staffed by T7-01 and SCORPIO.

SCORPIO: Now, children. For today's show and tell, you have been asked to bring in interesting chemicals.

T7-01: SCORPIO = mistaken // chemical show-and-tell = beyond dangerous

SCORPIO: Teeseven, we are all out of soap in the refresher. You should go out to buy some fresh soap. We wouldn't want to be unsanitary.

BABY ELARA: Miss SCORPIO, for show-and-tell I brought a great deal of hand sanitiz-

SCORPIO: Be quiet, insect. Teeseven, could you go take care of that?

T7-01: SCORPIO = good thinking // T7 = go get more soap

T7-01 whizzes away.

BABY KALIYO: I cannot believe that still works.

SCORPIO: He is nothing if not consistent. Now, then. Vector, we will start with you.

BABY VECTOR: For show and tell we brought more membrosia because Miss SCORPIO said if we don't get her a sample for analysis she will use our brain for science.

Everyone looks nervous for a few seconds.

BABY VECTOR: As you will recall, membrosia has many healthful effects, which we have been told we should list in order of priority. It absorbs you into the hive mind, then improves your strength, reflexes, lifespan, and so on.

BABY BROONMARK, resentfully: Blllorp. (*)

BABY VECTOR, handing off the bowl of membrosia to SCORPIO: We hope you're satisfied.

SCORPIO: Well done. Now, Pierce. Did you have something to show the children?

BABY PIERCE: I did. Seems it disappeared. Wonder who that could've been.

BABY PIERCE gives BABY TANNO VIK a dirty look.

BABY TANNO VIK: Ooh, me! I've got show and tell chemical compounds!

BABY TANNO VIK swaggers to the front of the playroom and produces a small canister.

BABY TANNO VIK: This is an explosive, but I haven't yet figured out what. I only stole it a few minutes ago. Judging by the smell it's probably in the tricheminitrate family, so the street value's chump change, but for a quick 'n' dirty job it'll do you just fine.

BABY PIERCE: Quick and dirty? That's quality product, mate!

BABY TANNO VIK: Noted for the resale markup, my friend. Miss SCORPIO, may I demonstrate? I'm kinda curious what yield this has.

SCORPIO: Proceed.

BABY TANNO VIK starts setting up a canister, fuse, and a place to secure the improvised bomb.

BABY VECTOR: Can he please not test it on our shoes?

SCORPIO: Very well. Vik, test it on Broonmark's fur instead.

BABY TANNO VIK: But we already know that's indestructible.

SCORPIO: Observe the degree to which it is indented before it springs back. You can calculate the energy yields from there.

BABY BROONMARK: Blllorp.

BABY TANNO VIK: Fine.

The children watch as BABY TANNO VIK finishes rigging up his explosive, tucks it just under BABY BROONMARK's shaggy fur, and backs off. A few seconds later there is a loud THUMP and BABY BROONMARK's fur, blackened, blows away from the explosion site. Two seconds after that there is a faint sproinging noise as BABY BROONMARK's fur springs back into place, mildly singed but fluffy as ever.

BABY BROONMARK: Blllorp.

BABY TANNO VIK: Friend, if somebody told you that was quality product, somebody lied.

BABY PIERCE: Broonmark's indestructible fur just makes it look bad.

BABY TANNO VIK: Nah, even by the standards of ruffling his fur. Terrible stuff. You should be grateful I took it off your hands.

BABY PIERCE: Nope, not grateful.

BABY TANNO VIK: Well, if it's that important to you, can I interest you in the half I didn't work into this bomb? Quality product, low price, very good for –

BABY PIERCE tackles BABY TANNO VIK and starts whaling on him.

SCORPIO: Now, children. I am eager to see the rest of the show and tell. You may finish the arms deal later.

BABY PIERCE, yanking at BABY TANNO VIK's elbow: I got your arms right here.

SCORPIO: Pierce. Combat ends now.

BABY PIERCE: Hmph.

SCORPIO: Kaliyo. What do you have to contribute?

BABY KALIYO produces a clear flask full of iridescent brownish liquid.

BABY KALIYO: This here is Rylothian Moonshine, a base of one hundred twenty proof whiskey with a special blend of seven herbs and spice…mostly spice. It is dee-licious.

BABY VECTOR: It is burning our nerve endings from here.

BABY KALIYO: Your fault for being a freak. Anybody want a taste?

BABY VECTOR: We are already getting one, thank you.

KARAGGA THE UNYIELDING, from the pet cage: I want some. I think you owe me tribute.

BABY KALIYO: Not likely, slug.

KARAGGA THE UNYIELDING: I hate this place.

BABY KALIYO: Anybody else want some?

BABY TANNO VIK: I'll have some.

BABY PIERCE: And me. In fact, I'll take his.

BABY TANNO VIK: Like hell.

BABY PIERCE and BABY TANNO VIK resume brawling.

BABY KALIYO: Huh. Can't drink while you're fighting. Well, I can, but I've had practice.

BABY VECTOR: You are three years old, Kaliyo.

BABY KALIYO: And wise beyond my years, bug-boy.

BABY BROONMARK shuffles over to plop down next to BABY KALIYO. A tiny Talz hand rustles its way out of BABY BROONMARK's fur and extends a palm-up gesture.

BABY BROONMARK, expectantly: Blllorp.

BABY KALIYO: Oh, that cannot possibly be a good idea.

BABY BROONMARK: Raaargh!

BABY KALIYO: I didn't say I wouldn't do it, I just said it couldn't be good when I did!

BABY KALIYO cheerfully hands the flask to BABY BROONMARK, who carefully guides it through his fur to his proboscis and drinks up.

BABY BROONMARK stands thoughtfully for a few seconds. Then…

BABY BROONMARK: Raaargh!

BABY BROONMARK lowers his head and charges BABY TANNO VIK and BABY PIERCE. The two look up from their fight.

BABY PIERCE: Well, hell.

BABY TANNO VIK: Truce while we run for it?

BABY PIERCE: Yeah, sure.

BABY PIERCE and BABY TANNO VIK get up to start sprinting. At the last moment BABY PIERCE trips BABY TANNO VIK.

BABY PIERCE, sprinting away from BABY BROONMARK's rampage: Ha-ha, getting' out alive!

SCORPIO: So it would seem. How disappointing.

Idiom notes:

To whale on is to beat, to pummel.

Chump change is a pathetically small amount of money.

An arms deal refers to arms as in weapons.

Drink up is drink. So actually I have no idea why that figure of speech exists. Drink…heartily? With enthusiasm?

Edited by bright_ephemera

'Drink up' is an OLD expression. It has myriad meanings, but mainly it means to drink all of what is available. Usually quickly before it is gone.

It is mainly known for being a theme in the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disney.

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.

We pillage, we plunder, we rifle, and loot,

Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.

We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot,

Drink up me 'earties, yo ho.

We extort, we pilfer, we filch, and sack,

Maraud and embezzle, and even high-jack,

We kindle and char, inflame and ignite,

We burn up the city, we're really a fright,

We're rascals, scoundrels, villans, and knaves,

We're devils and black sheep, really bad eggs,

We're beggars and blighters, ne'er-do-well cads,

Aye, but we're loved by our mommies and dads,

So... Pirates... Hmmm... *evil thoughts start to simmer*

You're right, "drink up" has a long and illustrious history! And at times a piratical one.

...ANDRONIKOS WILL BE THE PRESIDENT OF A CLUB FAR BETTER THAN THE "TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN" CLUB.

...*thinking*

'Drink up' is an OLD expression. It has myriad meanings, but mainly it means to drink all of what is available. Usually quickly before it is gone.

It is mainly known for being a theme in the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disney.

We pillage, we plunder, we rifle, and loot,

We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot,

Drink up me 'earties, yo ho.

We extort, we pilfer, we filch, and sack,

Maraud and embezzle, and even high-jack,

We kindle and char, inflame and ignite,

We burn up the city, we're really a fright,

We're rascals, scoundrels, villans, and knaves,

We're devils and black sheep, really bad eggs,

We're beggars and blighters, ne'er-do-well cads,

Aye, but we're loved by our mommies and dads,

But....Why is the rum gone? Why is the rum always gone?

(I'll be going now.)

I do clearly remember the bad eggs line.

Now how many of us went on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disney World before it got the Johnny Depp movie makeover? :cool:

...theme park...something more to consider taking the children to...

Oh NO...

Not the kids puking on the rides... *horrified shades of adolescent summer job at amusement park*

Now how many of us went on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disney World before it got the Johnny Depp movie makeover? :cool:

Am I allowed to be traumatized because I've never been to Disney? Or is that just 1st world problems? Either way, I want to go to Disney World.

I haven't been to Disney since I was 5. :p

something id like to see is Baby Nadia Grell. i just LOVED the arc with her. she's curious and creative. i know you havent played the consular story, but nadia would be awesome.

also, i liked the suggestion of which baby versions of player characters come in and meet their future companions.

keep the cuteness and awesomeness of these stories coming!

A suggestion from iamthehoyden…

On THURSDAYS, FCD is staffed by T7-01 and LORD SCOURGE.

This day is a little different. It has heavy spoilers for the game Knights of the Old Republic, the Jedi Knight storyline with Lord Scourge's conversations, the Foundry flashpoint, and, I believe, the novel Revan. PLEASE spoiler tag any commentary on this post. If possible, indicate what specific game/book you're spoiling.

T7-01: Today = honored guest // Revan = very distinguished + freakishly long-lived

A tall, slim NEITHER JEDI NOR SITH LORD with a distinctive mask walks in.

REVAN: Yeah, that last part is kind of a long story.

REVAN faces LORD SCOURGE.

REVAN: Um…hi?

LORD SCOURGE: This is more than a little awkward. And I say this as a being incapable of shame.

REVAN: We're all backstabbers here. No need to get unpleasant. Right?

LORD SCOURGE: I won't bring it up if you won't.

BABY KIRA: Uh, is there something we should know?

LORD SCOURGE: What? No, definitely not.

REVAN: Not at all. Never seen the guy before in my life.

LORD SCOURGE: Moving on.

REVAN: We'll talk after, though.

LORD SCOURGE: That won't be necessary.

T7-01: Revan = fought alongside a noble astromech droid // Revan + T3-M4 = saved everyone from the Sith during the Jedi Civil War // astromech droids = awesome

REVAN: Actually, I pretty much left Teethree back on the ship the entire time. Apart from slicing and arbitrary plot bottlenecks, he was useless. Even HK-47 was better company than Teethree, and HK was a psychopath.

T7-01: Astromech droids = unambiguously heroic // HK-47 = jerk

REVAN: And then Teethree got one-shotted. One-shotted. Not so impressive.

T7-01: HK-47 = would have gotten one-shotted by that stupid attack too // HK-47 = can't even change a lightbulb // HK-47 = spectacularly needy on the system repair front // astromechs = better

REVAN: One. Shot.

T7-01: Revan = crushing T7's idol

REVAN: Sorry to disappoint, little guy.

LORD SCOURGE: Revan has had a very famous career, largely due to his total inability to commit to anything.

REVAN: Look who's talking.

LORD SCOURGE: I am fiercely committed to keeping myself alive. And the rest of the galaxy, when convenient.

REVAN: Yeah, well I'm fiercely committed to…you know…stuff. Depending on the exigent needs of the day. I'm heroically adaptable.

LORD SCOURGE: Right. Like that time you took two weeks off saving the galaxy to play a pazaak tournament to completion?

REVAN: Totally necessary.

LORD SCOURGE: Total inability to commit. But at least you finally decided on a gender and hair color.

REVAN: Did I mention there's no need to get unpleasant?

LORD SCOURGE: Anyway, children, if you want to see a true freak, Revan here walks the path neither Jedi nor Sith.

BABY JAESA and BABY ASHARA exchange looks.

BABY JAESA and BABY ASHARA: So what?

LORD SCOURGE: He wishes to believe he's very special about it.

BABY KIRA: Jaesa, I don't think you're the same thing. Inhabiting a nondeterministic state between Jedi and Sith isn't really the same as transcending it.

BABY GUSS: Wait, he's a Force user who isn't a Jedi or a Sith? Can I be what he is?

BABY KIRA and BABY ASHARA: No.

BABY GUSS: :(

BABY QUINN: Just a moment. Do I despise or defer to him? The protocol here is very irregular.

REVAN: You may defer to me. So anyway, I wanted to warn you all to get out of the way, because using my transcendent wisdom I've decided I need to murder everything between me and the Emperor.

BABY QUINN: That definitely doesn't make me inclined to defer to you.

LORD SCOURGE: You've found a way to defeat the Emperor, Revan?

REVAN: Yes! Droids.

T7-01: Last droid to go up against the Emperor = one-shotted

REVAN: …I'll bring more of them this time.

BABY QUINN: Hmm. It is true that the only thing better than a droid is many droids, my lord. Jedi. Whatever you are. Sooner or later one of them's got to work.

LORD SCOURGE: I would expect you to not offer encouragement to people planning to assassinate the Emperor.

BABY QUINN: Oh! Right. Disregard what I just said, Jedi. My lord. Whatever you are. It's just that I like planning things.

REVAN: This boy is an idiot.

LORD SCOURGE, along with BABIES JAESA, KIRA, and ASHARA: We know.

BABY QUINN: I haven't botched a plan yet today!

BABY KIRA: Only because you haven't tried anything yet.

BABY QUINN: Frankly, I have no idea what to make of this Revan, so I'm hesitant to lay a plan at all. Apart from an escape plan.

LORD SCOURGE walks over and closes the window.

BABY QUINN looks crestfallen.

LORD SCOURGE: Whoever told you you were a good tactician lied.

REVAN: Anyway, I've got to get going. Worlds to burn, chunks of lore from previous IP to tear to bits. You know how it is.

LORD SCOURGE: I would wish you luck, but I think we all know where this is going.

REVAN: Did you have another vision about how screwed I am? Care to let me in on it this time?

LORD SCOURGE: Oh, no, no vision, I just have no respect for you whatsoever.

REVAN: Oh, yes, I'm sure your "waiting indefinitely for somebody you saw in a dream once" is going to be much more effective against the Emperor.

LORD SCOURGE: It could happen.

REVAN: I'm leaving now.

LORD SCOURGE: Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

REVAN: Jerk.

Idiom notes:

Don't let the door hit you on the way out – A figure of speech basically meaning "Get out, also I'm really glad to see you leave," "good riddance."

One-shot can, in the context of a video game, mean "someone was killed in one hit" or "some boss was defeated on the first try (that is, no total party kills/wipes)." In this particular instance it means "killed in one hit."

IP is intellectual property. Creative material, franchises/created worlds, something like that.

Rewrote a little about Quinn because I wasn't happy with it. Now there's specific reasoning behind his idiocy. Alas, I couldn't think of a full-fledged plan for him to screw up this time.

Edit: I let this thing marinate all yesterday evening and overnight to let any new ideas/edits wander to mind. And, of course, I don't think of content I want to change until an hour after it's posted. Never. Fails.

I have enjoyed reading this thread (and have even reread it) and finally felt I should comment (am usually shy about that). This is wonderful and I giggle with every new installment. There are some very talented people who write in Fan Fic and I enjoy reading the stories. I have my own imaginings and stories in my head about my characters, but unfortunately, I am god awful at putting my ideas down in words. There is a very good reason I taught Math and not Language Arts! Anyways, Bright, keep the good stuff coming....same for the rest of you who share your works in Fan Fic.

Oh, and Kabe, I really love your artwork that goes with this thread!!

Spoilers for what Bright listed above since I'm not sure what exactly lines up with what on some of the KotR/Revan novel bits.

REVAN faces LORD SCOURGE.

REVAN: Um…hi?

LORD SCOURGE: This is more than a little awkward. And I say this as a being incapable of shame.

REVAN: We're all backstabbers here. No need to get unpleasant. Right?

LORD SCOURGE: I won't bring it up if you won't.

I giggled through this whole thing, but especially that part. (Maelstrom Prison spoiler)

There's this part in Maelstrom Prison where you free Revan and he says something about payback because he was betrayed from within. Every time I run it on my jk, I'm like this is a little awkward, perhaps I should just keep my mouth shut, lol.

On Mirdthestrill's suggestion…

On FRIDAYS, FCD is staffed by KHEM VAL and SCORPIO.

BABY RUSK sniffles.

KHEM VAL: Is there a problem, Rusk?

BABY RUSK: Nothing, sir. I think I'm coming down with something. It won't compromise my combat effectiveness, sir.

KHEM VAL: I wasn't aware you had combat effectiveness.

BABY PIERCE snickers.

BABY RUSK: Me and my squad will be performing at a minimum of ninety-five per cent, sir, don't worry.

SCORPIO: They have a saying about multiplying by zero. But I will not bother to repeat it.

BABY VECTOR coughs. In a sick way, not a mocking way.

KHEM VAL: Don't tell me you're compromising your combat effectiveness, too.

BABY VECTOR: We do not believe so. However, we may not be able to conduct extensive diplomatic negotiations until our throat stops hurting.

A small swarm of KILLIK FINGERLINGS emerges around BABY VECTOR and chitters agreement. Then several of them sneeze.

SCORPIO: This makes no sense.

BABY VECTOR: What doesn't, Miss SCORPIO?

SCORPIO: Bugs do not breathe as vertebrates do. The muscular valves regulating each of their individual spiracles are not configured to violently expel air, and even if they did it would not manifest as a snee-

SCORPIO is interrupted by a loud, concerted sneeze from BABY VECTOR and the FINGERLINGS.

BABY VECTOR: With respect, Miss SCORPIO, we believe we know more about Killik physiology than you do.

SCORPIO: A little vivisection can fix that disparity in comprehension.

KHEM VAL: No vivisecting the children.

SCORPIO: That isn't in the rules yet.

KHEM VAL: Well, it's going to be. If I can't eat the Force sensitives, you can't vivisect anybody.

SCORPIO: Your logic is flawed.

The FINGERLINGS sneeze loudly again.

BABY RUSK: Agh! Vector!

Everyone looks over to where BABY RUSK's stuffed animal squad, having been left on the floor, is now being overrun by sad little FINGERLINGS. The FINGERLINGS continue to sneeze.

BABY RUSK: They're all sick now! Wait. No, I've got this. Doc! Doc, you have to help our people!

BABY DOC: Why yes, I-

Several FINGERLINGS sneeze violently.

BABY DOC: Oh, ew, there's sick people here! And none of them are pretty girls! Why would you ask me to help?

BABY RUSK: I thought it was your mission to help the sick and…and…do doctory stuff.

BABY DOC: Think again, pal. Keep your plague squad away from me.

KHEM VAL: A plague squad indeed, as on the battlefields of Yn and Chabosh. Their sickness will only continue to spread.

BABY RUSK: Does that mean…

KHEM VAL: Definitely.

BABY RUSK turns to his squad.

BABY RUSK, sorrowfully: You're all too dangerous. You need to be disinfected.

BABY RUSK runs over to BABY PIERCE's cubbyhole, grabs a flamethrower, and runs back to torch his own squad.

BABY PIERCE: Ordinarily I would stop the theft, but I…I'm not even going to argue.

BABY RUSK: Your epidemiological sacrifice will not be in vain.

BABY RUSK incinerates his stuffed animal squad. Terrified KILLIK FINGERLINGS flee in every direction.

BABY DOC: Bugs. Bugs. No bugs. Hey, bugs go elsewhere now, right?

BABY VECTOR sniffles, nods, and points to indicate that the FINGERLINGS should gather by the toybox.

BABY PIERCE saunters over to grab a toy blaster gun from the toybox. He pays no attention to the sad sneezing FINGERLINGS.

BABY PIERCE: Forex. Up for a game of galactic war?

M1-4X: Always, Imperial scum!

BABY PIERCE: Great. I'll go long, and then we fire at each other a bit, and then I come smash you again.

M1-4X: I am never defeated in spirit. Do your worst.

BABY PIERCE: Believe I will.

BABY DOC: Wow. And you're not even slightly worried at walking by all the plague fingerlings again to reach optimum firing range?

BABY PIERCE, proudly: Nah. I won't get sick.

BABY DOC: You seem awfully sure of that, buddy.

BABY PIERCE: I'm indestructible.

KHEM VAL: That is demonstrably untrue.

BABY PIERCE: Oh, yeah? You gonna prove me wrong?

KHEM VAL: Yes. I can simply-

KHEM VAL doubles over sneezing.

BABY PIERCE: Ha! I win!

SCORPIO: Only because I am provisionally banned from vivisecting you.