Which should I be assassin or sorcerer?

DinomyteHero

I like them both. Really, you are the only one that can answer that. Do you prefer to get up close and mix it up, or do you prefer to play at range and heal?

This.

I play a tank assassin and I'm loving it and the funny thing is tanking is my least favorite role. But my tank assassin is so much more fun than other classes I've played (and I've literally leveled them all to 50) that I'm willing to overlook that small point.

I like my healer sorcerer and healing is my favorite role but it's just not as much fun as my assassin.

Assassin tank is a BLAST. I had a Jedi Sentinel before, but having the flexibility to use both a double-bladed lightsaber AND lightning is great. Plus, stealth can make leveling MUCH easier in some situations and adds a number of wrinkles to how you approach each encounter. Its a little complex, but that is what makes it fun. :D

assassin has the easiest time levelling up because you can skip mobs and go right to objectives, cc something standing in front of that gathering node,take the node and move on. being able to control the battlefield like this also makes most heroic 2's and some heroic 4's soloable with the right companion

come level 50 there is a demand for tanks for flashpoints. however there is no demand for tanks in operations. why? you need one tank for every 4 players in a flashpoint. you need two tanks for every 16 players in an operation. so be sure you have a dps spec in mind and gear for it.

assassin has the easiest time levelling up because you can skip mobs and go right to objectives, cc something standing in front of that gathering node,take the node and move on. being able to control the battlefield like this also makes most heroic 2's and some heroic 4's soloable with the right companion

come level 50 there is a demand for tanks for flashpoints. however there is no demand for tanks in operations. why? you need one tank for every 4 players in a flashpoint. you need two tanks for every 16 players in an operation. so be sure you have a dps spec in mind and gear for it.

There is still a need for tanks in operations. You need one tank for every group of four regardless of the encounter. Eight-man operations require two tanks and are by far the most common raid type in the game. Just look at the roles people spam for most often in fleet. My jugg tank can find a group for almost any encounter easier than my DPS toons.

Edited by SoonerJBD