What will be the next class added to the game

jimmyjediknight

Class Name: Holonet News Caster!

AC: Anchorman/Reporter

Armor: Medium/Light depending on what AC you choose.

Roles: Dps/Healer

Story: Your new to the Holonet news world, and are doing your very first big story on the planet Ord Mantell/Nal Hutta. Along the way, you uncover a huge conspiracy about both factions and go on your way to uncovering said conspiracy to show to the public.

Weapons: Blaster pistol/shield

:p:D

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id actually like to see some rebalancing of class structures and see 2 new classes added

for Sith - Dark Trooper to be the opposite of the Republic Trooper, mirror the class ie ability to have heavy cannon etc

I would create a new Republic class, the Ranger and mirror the bounty hunter for skills so heres the balance

Jedi Consular = Sith Inquisitor

Jedi Knight = Sith Warrior

Republic Trooper = Dark Trooper

Smuggler = Imperial Agent

Ranger = Bounty Hunter

If bounties are ever added to this game, I would say both rangers and bounty hunters could be given tracking capability...of course never to be allowed in warzones..oh wait it appears some already can do that LOL.

Id actually like to see some rebalancing of class structures and see 2 new classes added

for Sith - Dark Trooper to be the opposite of the Republic Trooper, mirror the class ie ability to have heavy cannon etc

I would create a new Republic class, the Ranger and mirror the bounty hunter for skills so heres the balance

Jedi Consular = Sith Inquisitor

Jedi Knight = Sith Warrior

Republic Trooper = Dark Trooper

Smuggler = Imperial Agent

Ranger = Bounty Hunter

If bounties are ever added to this game, I would say both rangers and bounty hunters could be given tracking capability...of course never to be allowed in warzones..oh wait it appears some already can do that LOL.

Lol. BH and Trooper are already mirrored

What I would like to see is more race specific classes like Wookie Beserker, Trandoshian Hunter, Assasin Droid.

This. Because Wookies wouldn't necessarily fit into other story lines because of their inability to speak basic, I think species specific classes would be a good way to go.

I'm tempted to keep my awesome idea to myself, but in reality I DO want TOR to succeed.

Republic Class: Wookiee. Only playable by Wookiees (though it does open up the wookiee species for other classes). The Wookiee starts on Kashyyk Planet and has to defend against an Imperial onslaught to pre-empt the Wookiee's involvement in the war. The extended story lines revolve around getting the Wooks involved in the conflict in greater roles.

Spec #1 Melee Wook: Using single vibroblade

AC Tree #1: Tank Wook.

AC Tree #2: Rage Wook. You start a rage and get great damage, but are weaker when you fall out of rage.

Spec #2 Blaster Wook: Uses Blaster Rifles

AC Tree #1: Bowcaster Wook. Burst Damage.

AC Tree #2: Technology Wook. Use of technodamage and drones for damage + crowd control.

Shared AC Tree: Grenades.

Imperial Class: Emperor's Guard. Playable by Humans and Cyborgs. These are the Emperor's personal guards. Basically they are non-force users that the Emperor uses when he can't trust his apprentices that are always looking to kill him 24/7/365. The basic plot line is a newly christened Imperial Guard (replete with Red Outfit) works to foil inner empire plots against the Emperor. The Guard goes from Sergeant to Colonel in the service. I am unsure as to which planet to start on. Perhaps a new area of Dromund Kaas? Perhaps entirely aboard a Space Station?

Spec #1 Melee: The Guards are given dual bladed vibroblades.

AC Tree #1: Single Target Damage

AC Tree #2: AOE Damage.

Spec #2 Ranged: The Guards can pick between blaster rifle or pistol.

AC Tree #1: Ranged AOE Damage.

AC Tree #2: Crowd Control.

Shared AC Tree: Great Group healing, poor Single Target healing.

I'm willing to get hired by Bioware to help develop these new classes.

Edited by ZideZwipe

<<

and I could do the same thing with EQ and EQ 2 (both came out BEFORE WoW) compared to WoW whats your point?

>>

The jedi guardians/juggernauts are disturbingly similar to wow warriors - I don't remember the EQ1 or EQ2 warriors using "charge" mechanics (which are a huge part of the wow warriors and the guardian/jugg).

I was very disappointed that they made the jedi a strength/armor-based class; that was my first tipoff that BW was throwing the movies out the window and copying wow too much.

That is because Jedi Knight is more of a Direct combatant, as evidenced by the movies and other media. They are less about using the Force in combat and more their own martial skills. Generally why Jedi Knights have weaker Force abilities, but stronger combat skills.

People wanna throw around comparisons, but really everything is ripped off from D&D, which stole its lore from myths, religions and other fictions to build it. WoW did the same thing. They ripped a buncha stuff from H.P. Lovecraft.

Would love to see a Healer/Tank/DPS class, doubt that will ever happen due to balancing reasons, but I digress.

An SIS based republic character would be cool, the Agent has a total NSA feel to it, counter terrorism and all that. I would like to see the SIS character with more of a FBI feel to it, like dealing with problems within the Republic. I would like to see a storyline with political corruption and scandals and drugs and what not. I feel there would be some perfect light/dark choices there. Like take the money and kill the fools or actually arrest them etc etc.

Another class I would like to see is an Imperial Trooper, but I don't want him to feel like a one man army like the Pub Trooper or BH. I want to start out in basic, get a posting somewhere and begin on a campaign against the republic. It would be perfect their starting planets could be Coruscant and Dromund Kaas, just add on another sub zone within the planets to accommodate 1-10.

Another interesting one could be Imperial Royal guard type class. This class could make use of the tech melee weapons in game and would be a perfect Tank/DPS class. The story could revolve around the Emperor and Rogue Sith Lords and give us a little more insight into the Emperors story.

It's mirror class could be a Republic Shadow agent type class, tech melee weapon user as well. This class could be centered around a secret agency whose main mission it is to kill Sith and Rogue Jedi. A much more darker republic class , a secret protocol if the Republic ever needed a saving grace against the Jedi. Slave agents, scandals and an overall look into the depths of the Republics dirty secrets. I guess it's pretty obvious that I feel that most of the Republic classes are to goody goody.

Anyways just my two cents, hope the devs listen to it! :D

Those are actually all REALLY good ideas! Well done sir! Any of those classes would be really cool and quite interesting I'd say!

How about a bard class equivalent and you level up by playing for those who log out in a cantina getting double exp. Every time you level up you get a new gig at a different planet's cantina. You can also be hired to peoples ships for birthday and slumber parties. Don't forget about weddings and Hutt's palaces. Just get ready to, "Play that same song."

How about a bard class equivalent and you level up by playing for those who log out in a cantina getting double exp. Every time you level up you get a new gig at a different planet's cantina. You can also be hired to peoples ships for birthday and slumber parties. Don't forget about weddings and Hutt's palaces. Just get ready to, "Play that same song."

You're probably not being serious, but in all honesty something like that might help SWTOR socially and give cantinas some life (al la SWG).

Be even better if they included a copy and paste of LOTRO's music system. :)

We all have talked about what new races we want to see But what new class would we like to see

None. We dont need a new class. All the existing classes already do everything. Nothing is missing that we need a new class to fill.

Would love to see a Healer/Tank/DPS class, doubt that will ever happen due to balancing reasons, but I digress.

An SIS based republic character would be cool, the Agent has a total NSA feel to it, counter terrorism and all that. I would like to see the SIS character with more of a FBI feel to it, like dealing with problems within the Republic. I would like to see a storyline with political corruption and scandals and drugs and what not. I feel there would be some perfect light/dark choices there. Like take the money and kill the fools or actually arrest them etc etc.

Another class I would like to see is an Imperial Trooper, but I don't want him to feel like a one man army like the Pub Trooper or BH. I want to start out in basic, get a posting somewhere and begin on a campaign against the republic. It would be perfect their starting planets could be Coruscant and Dromund Kaas, just add on another sub zone within the planets to accommodate 1-10.

Another interesting one could be Imperial Royal guard type class. This class could make use of the tech melee weapons in game and would be a perfect Tank/DPS class. The story could revolve around the Emperor and Rogue Sith Lords and give us a little more insight into the Emperors story.

It's mirror class could be a Republic Shadow agent type class, tech melee weapon user as well. This class could be centered around a secret agency whose main mission it is to kill Sith and Rogue Jedi. A much more darker republic class , a secret protocol if the Republic ever needed a saving grace against the Jedi. Slave agents, scandals and an overall look into the depths of the Republics dirty secrets. I guess it's pretty obvious that I feel that most of the Republic classes are to goody goody.

Anyways just my two cents, hope the devs listen to it! :D

I like both of those, always did want an Imperial Trooper/Officer class. you get my vote

but if we're going for new fresh mirror classes I'd go with something along the lines of

Imperial Droid Tech - 3 Droid class companions & 2 humanoid

Republic Creature Handler - 3 Creature companions & 2 humanoid (this one needs a little work and ideas I'm not talking about having them dogs and cats but maybe unique style Aliens that require a handler to work with, they would be senient creatures so they could help with crewskills)

Edited by Brutalos

They might just make more AC's instead of classes themselves so they don't have to make more story.

I see this as happening. BW really dug themselves in a hole by making stories based on class.

Then again, since the development team's idea of balancing classes is to nerf operatives every other update, I'd rather they didn't.

Pilot.

Much like they did in JTL I can see them adding a space game and then you have to pick which squadron you want to fly for. Each offering a different kind of mission or story, though I appreciate with their being no neutral faction we could just see an Imperial and a Republic generic pilot story which would be fine.

This would have to be a completely stand alone story which could work as any voice acting would be limited to your posting and not need to be tied into the class story. Down side though would be a lack of any companion interaction and no impact outside the pilot story but not that different from the space experience as it is at the moment.

Republic Senator and Imperial Moff (or officer/official/whaterver)

Mirrors of each other. Heal/buff spec, dps/buff(pve) spec, dps/buff(pvp) spec

Light or medium armour, blasters, buff companions for solo content.

Story full of maneuvering and political skullduggery