Hidden Achievement COMPLETE! Can't Recruit ?

With today's Game Update 5.9, Bioware had released a new Hidden Achievement among the Companion Achievements.

After further curiosity, I decided to go with a friend of mine to the Cantina located on Dromund Kaas and locate "Paxton Rall" NPC, sure enough after clicking on him you gain a achievement quest.

--

Achievement: Cantina Crawl: Talk to Paxton Rall in Cantinas.

- Balmorra

- Dromund Kaas/Coruscant (Depending on Faction)

- Corellia

- Imperial/Republic Fleet (Depending on Faction)

- Hoth

- Nar Shaddaa

- Rishi

- Taris

- Tatooine

- Zakuul

- Alderaan

---

Listed down below is a link to my screenshot to prove I have completed the achievement, however it gains you absolutely Nothing. I even went back to Odessen cantina to talk to him but he never responds, I'm assuming either he is glitched or this NPC wasn't suppose to be released with 5.9?

We know he's a companion due to the Decoration tab, he's listed on the Companion tab and the Personnel tab I believe.

Anyone else find this odd or know how to recruit him?

https://imgur.com/a/GboiPCW

Dumb question : where is Zakuul? I found all the other location, but not this one..

It probably appears on your map only after you start KOTFE. Maybe you could get a ride on a friend's ship, who started KOTFE, but I'm not sure they didn't remove that possibility.

I can't wait until they add him! He is very cool looking, and we need more universal guy companions! I just hope they give him gear slots so we can change his armor, and don't over-look him like they did Nico. It annoys me to no end that I can't customize Nico, but I can customize Shae, Ranos & Hexid.

https://i.imgur.com/u73BpH1.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/HiyDdeI.jpg

(Sorry for the quality of screenshots. I haven't been to a cantina yet that has good lighting for him!)

I can't wait until they add him! He is very cool looking, and we need more universal guy companions! I just hope they give him gear slots so we can change his armor, and don't over-look him like they did Nico. It annoys me to no end that I can't customize Nico, but I can customize Shae, Ranos & Hexid.

https://i.imgur.com/u73BpH1.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/HiyDdeI.jpg

(Sorry for the quality of screenshots. I haven't been to a cantina yet that has good lighting for him!)

I would love to be able to customize Nico if only so I can use his hat for my toons! :p

Edited by beattlebilly

It probably appears on your map only after you start KOTFE. Maybe you could get a ride on a friend's ship, who started KOTFE, but I'm not sure they didn't remove that possibility.

Ah lol so that's the problem, i have to start the expansion first? Thank you very much for info Lammia :)

• Dev Post

Paxton is a tricksy pirate who's prone to mischief, apparently including sneaking into parts of the galaxy he's not supposed to be in yet ;)

He's a work-in-progress promotional item meant for later this year; apologies for letting him creep out from behind the curtain before he was ready. We'll most likely get him back under wraps in an upcoming patch and then share more detail later, when the time is right!

If, by chance, we happened to complete the barcrawl, will the achievement be reset once he's removed?

I hope not, I ran all around those planets just to find him. That would be worthless if they took away the achievement for those who completed it.

Paxton is a tricksy pirate who's prone to mischief, apparently including sneaking into parts of the galaxy he's not supposed to be in yet ;)

He's a work-in-progress promotional item meant for later this year; apologies for letting him creep out from behind the curtain before he was ready. We'll most likely get him back under wraps in an upcoming patch and then share more detail later, when the time is right!

Cannot wait to recruit the dude ! FANBOI here LMAO

If, by chance, we happened to complete the barcrawl, will the achievement be reset once he's removed?

I would like to know as well. Would be pretty disappointing if people were suddenly locked out of this for discovering/completing the achievement "before the alotted hour".

hahahhaa, thats hilarious. You made him a sneaky pirate and he sneaks out of your "confines" to play. When characters come to life, eh? XD :p

It looks like he comes with his own crew........ hmmmm

• 5 weeks later...

Thank you for the answer Mr. Boyd. I hope with the new rascal companion, and proper Paxton achievement we also get to return our previous earned "Companions/General" achievements to 100%.