Dungeon Finder System Eventually

I don't know...

When I use lfg tool (same server) and the group is formed I say 'Hello' to the group.

The roles are already set so no need to discuss roles.

If someone is not familiar with instance he should ask for help with tactics.

If there is need to discuss something (loot roll, tactics, helping or just friendly chatter), then I do that.

Some people are more outgoing and chat more, some are not. It's all good.

Now, why is not using lfg tool so much better for community?

Because of this?

- Standing on fleet station all the time…

- (general) Lfg Hammer Station

- (no response, general chat spam)

- (general) Lfg Hammer Station

- (whisper) Invite me /invite

- (party) Your role?

- (party) dps

- (party) ok, I’ll heal

- (general) Lf2m Hammer station tank/dps

- (general) Lf2m Hammer station tank/dps

- (whisper) I can dps /invite

- (party) Hello, hello

- (general) Lf1m Hammer station tank

- (whisper) ok, I’ll do it /invite

- (Party) Hello

- (party) XY, are you coming?

- (party) XY?

- XY has gone offline

- (general) Lf1m Hammer station

- (general) Lf1m Hammer station

- (whisper) I will go /invite

- (waiting for all players to get together)

- Enter flashpoint

- The rest is the same as with lfg tool

I am also baffled as to how this is better than an intelligent, automatic LFG tool. :confused:

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know...

- Standing on fleet station all the time…

You could also fly to the planet the level range is for the Flashpoint also. I'll ask at The Fleet, and then after a few minutes fly to a planet and ask there, and usually get more response from people there, since they are not necessarily hanging out at The Fleet. They can then use the Emergency Fleet Pass and get back quickly, pending its not on the 18 hour CD.

When you are at The Fleet you are asking from a pool of players from ranges 10 - 50, when you go to specific level ranged planets, you are asking from a pool of players within the flashpoint range, thus giving you more people that will actually come and join.

Edited by Ohnoto

4 replies in a row all stating you are for a dungeon finder... Can you use the edit button next time?

I quoted this one for the arguments you pointed.

Argument 1:

In Cross Dungeon groupings, people are not social. While what you say works and sounds good on paper, it does not work in practice. People queue up for a dungeon, they go in and start pulling. If you get into a group where a player even says "Hi", you got a socializing group. Most players, not all, but most that I have been in, when they die even once, they just leave instead of working things out like a team. Can this happen without a cross dungeon tool? Absolutely, but it happens a lot less.

Argument 2:

Ninja'ing does happen more. People will just hit need if they can wear an item. Yes, you can kick them, but that is after the damage is done, and then you will never see them again. You could go to their server and say something, but then you only look like a fool. There are no consequences for players actions. If a player ninja's items on their own server, their name gets around as someone to not group up with. With the surnames being account bound, you can now even know who they are if their surname is shown. Thus, there are consequences for players actions. If you are rude to those in the group, people will group with you less.

I edited many of my posts, I guess you have a lot to read then.

Re: Argument 1

You seem to think that the determining factor upon whether or not people will engage on a social activity in a group is dependent on people being recruited through a tedious method. If they are recruited by queueing, then they are not going to be social. This is clearly not the case. People are either social or not depending on their own personal reasons.

If someone leaves your group instead of working out a problem, that's because it's faster to re-queue than deal with non-sense. I don't blame them.

Another reason people are not chitty chatty is because they have their own agendas. Some want to get in and out. Some have done this so many times it's just second nature, etc. This is not a fault of a LFG tool.

Re: Argument 2

Ninja happens. This is not the fault of a LFG tool and it will not increase with use of the tool. I have never had a problem with Ninja looting in WoW, because WoW's loot system has been adapted to suit a LFG tool. Generally if someone can roll Need on an item, they can use it or everyone can also Need on it.

Ninjas do not appear with the advent of a LFG tool. If a player ninjas an item on their own server, there is a bunch of spam, people are put on ignore, no one cares, and things move on.

What happens if/when BW offers name changing services? Then that means there will be an increase in Ninjas right? Since an increase in Ninjas comes from the decrease in possible consequence for Ninja-ing. I.E. Name change in this case... Ninja can change their name and ninja again, now what? This is just a people problem and has nothing to do with a LFG tool.

We're not talking about Cross-Server guilds or something like that... it's a tool to find groups for flashpoints and hopefully operations.

LFG tool = Find a group easier.

LFG tool =/= Death of all society on a server and the appearance of armies of Ninja Looters.

Edited by ZeroNeutral

You could also fly to the planet the level range is for the Flashpoint also. I'll ask at The Fleet, and then after a few minutes fly to a planet and ask there, and usually get more response from people there, since they are not necessarily hanging out at The Fleet. They can then use the Emergency Fleet Pass and get back quickly, pending its not on the 18 hour CD.

When you are at The Fleet you are asking from a pool of players from ranges 10 - 50, when you go to specific level ranged planets, you are asking from a pool of players within the flashpoint range, thus giving you more people that will actually come and join.

Or if you're smart you can just use the /who tool and type the planet's name in, saving you a trip entirely. But, wait, then that's cross-planet LFG... uh oh there's goes the society and here comes the ninjas?

Re: Argument 1

You seem to think that the determining factor upon whether or not people will engage on a social activity in a group is dependent on people being recruited through a tedious method. If they are recruited by queueing, then they are not going to be social. This is clearly not the case. People are either social or not depending on their own personal reasons.

If someone leaves your group instead of working out a problem, that's because it's faster to re-queue than deal with non-sense. I don't blame them.

Another reason people are not chitty chatty is because they have their own agendas. Some want to get in and out. Some have done this so many times it's just second nature, etc. This is not a fault of a LFG tool.

Re: Argument 2

Ninja happens. This is not the fault of a LFG tool and it will not increase with use of the tool. I have never had a problem with Ninja looting in WoW, because WoW's loot system has been adapted to suit a LFG tool. Generally if someone can roll Need on an item, they can use it or everyone can also Need on it.

Ninjas do not appear with the advent of a LFG tool. If a player ninjas an item on their own server, there is a bunch of spam, people are put on ignore, no one cares, and things move on.

What happens if/when BW offers name changing services? Then that means there will be an increase in Ninjas right? Since an increase in Ninjas comes from the decrease in possible consequence for Ninja-ing. I.E. Name change in this case... Ninja can change their name and ninja again, now what? This is just a people problem and has nothing to do with a LFG tool.

We're not talking about Cross-Server guilds or something like that... it's a tool to find groups for flashpoints and hopefully operations.

Where are you pulling your arguments from? In the first one you say "If they are recruited by queueing, then they are not going to be social." What are you talking about, guild recruiting? I'm confused by this statement, since you later refer to cross-server guilds, something that no one has ever mentioned or suggested in this thread, let's at least try to stay on topic with arguments.

By stating "If someone leaves your group instead of working out a problem, that's because it's faster to re-queue than deal with non-sense. I don't blame them." ,you support the mentality of "get in and get out as quickly as possible, which means no socializing, even though you are stating cross server queuing doesn't hinder socializing, when in reality it does.

It sounds like you never played MMO's prior to within the last 2 years. If you had, you'd know, as many others have stated here, that getting groups didn't take any longer than a dungeon queue, and in many cases it was quicker once you were known on your server. Then after these systems came along, people just didn't know others on their server, people don't group up with anyone on their server, it is just an empty shell with a name.

On to ninjas, again... you can have every system in the world to detour ninjas, but behind the cloak of anonymity, and without any repercussions, there is just more of this.

By stating "If a player ninjas an item on their own server, there is a bunch of spam, people are put on ignore, no one cares, and things move on.", you state that no one cares, however, if no cared, they wouldn't talk about it and they wouldn't be put on ignore. Again, you are countering your own arguments. People with groups on their own server know, or will find out shortly, that there are consequences for being rude in groups, they won't get them done.

How do you pick what few servers are separated from the rest. If you mark or announce that there is a clump of servers that don't queue with everyone, there will be even more people upset.

Many will be upset that they don't get to queue with everyone, and many will be upset that to do any flashpoint they have to cross queue. Then people will be mad that it wasn't announced when the game started and they would have to re-roll on a different server if they wanted to be part of a cross queuing server or not.

It is no secret from this thread that I am opposed to a cross server dungeon finder, but based on your suggestion, I think about what if my server was picked as one that would have that cross server dungeon finder. I wouldn't like it.

They'll allow for mass server transfers Ohnoto. You'll be able to FREE OF CHARGE transfer to/from that server during this date. A NECESSARY PRICE to uphold the balance required of this game to please its considerably divergent playerbase. If the game "Rift" can allow free server transfers from all to all servers, I'm sure SWTOR can allow this.

Relatedly, this is a temporary luxury. This game is still a business and as such these things cannot remain free. Also, it may only be to a set other of servers(of matching type aka pvp as opposed to pvp). But afterwards you will still be able to transfer off, For a price.

Relatedly to your response, you see why cross servers AND "Non cross server servers" SHOULD Have been a feature to ship with the game? People shouldn't be worrying about losing their community, JUST as much as people shouldn't be going without this feature they rightfully claim should already be in the game.

Also, by reading your response, Odd to hear you'd rather you didn't even have the option at all to reroll on such a server(given one or the other). I think people would at least be pleased to have "THAT" option.

This btw folks is a response to my earlier post last page about having some non cross server servers included in a game WITH a strong hive(20-30) cross server servers also in it.

Edited by Erollisi

I would very much not like to see a "dungeon finder system".

Especially a cross realm one. Simply because the experience with anonymous strangers tend to be either unpleasant, or it tends to be completely silent.

If it is extremely important to be able to get some flashpoint action quickly and spontanously in this game, I would much prefer some kind of NPC-goons-for-hire system (like guildwars had) than a WoW-style "dungeon finder". Especially if the latter comes with trivialized content as it did for WoW.

I would very much not like to see a "dungeon finder system".

Especially a cross realm one. Simply because the experience with anonymous strangers tend to be either unpleasant, or it tends to be completely silent.

If it is extremely important to be able to get some flashpoint action quickly and spontanously in this game, I would much prefer some kind of NPC-goons-for-hire system (like guildwars had) than a WoW-style "dungeon finder". Especially if the latter comes with trivialized content as it did for WoW.

I´d like both. In my opinion a sytem like WOW´s dungeon finder is a must today as it is very annoying spamming chat channels for a potentially long time until the group is set up. Filling up groups with NPC´s (possibly even having only 1 real player in a party) would be very nice but I doubt it will happen, as a lot of people would complain about it turning the game into a solo player game (even though MMOs are not necessarily about grouping but about the "living" world).

Been in the fleet station for 2 hours now, trying to make or looking for a group... people are simply out in the zones doing quests.

i have tanked a few instances a few days back, during the flashpoint nobody talked and people did ninja items.

LFG tool does not ruin the game, PEOPLE DO. These morons will still do the same even without the tool.

A flashpoint finder that gets people from your server will be good.

Edited by gangbot

I used to be on the anti LFG finder team but after sitting at the fleet for a few days spamming general for hammer station or athiss groups I'm about ready to throw in the towel. This game desperately need a much, much better LFG tool than the garbage that's in place now.

I remember reading threads about "there should not be a LFG tool," and naturally I was against it. But I knew once the game went live, it'd be a no contest, that LFG tool is very much needed.

I was just thinking about this tool considering I just did my first flashpoint since the game released, and it was heroic mode.

I'm not saying that a LFG tool isn't helpful at making quick pick-up-groups. It most definately is.

But I would prefer that flashpoints doesn't become all about pick up groups.

I would like the difficulty to suit groups with good communication, and not groups with little to no communication.

So if there's a LFG tool, I hope they don't start monitoring the success of the groups and adapt the content accordingly. Because if they do that, running flashpoints will become a boring grind. Just like it is in wow. No challenge at all, just.... queue up and ride the rollercoaster.

• An LFG tool+trivial content=boring and pointless PVE.
  • And LFG tool+challenging content=fun PVE, as long as you stay away from that LFG tool except for premade groups and finding that last DPS.
  • No LFG tool+trivial content=boring and pointless PVE.
  • No LFG tool+challenging content=fun PVE. But slightly tricky to find groups until you build up a network of friends, or bring your friends with you to the game.

For casuals: WoW has boring and pointless 5-mans. And they've recently moved to make the raiding content work the same way. Trivializing the difficulty so that it can be zerged, then making a queue up system for it. It's just not fun. The people you meet are people you'll never meet again. And under the cover of anonymity, some of them tend to behave like *****s whilst the rest tend to be just silent. There is no consequence whatsoever in being rude, nor is there a consequence in playing really bad. It's.... just not fun that way for me.

I'm not saying that a LFG tool isn't helpful at making quick pick-up-groups. It most definately is.

But I would prefer that flashpoints doesn't become all about pick up groups.

I would like the difficulty to suit groups with good communication, and not groups with little to no communication.

So if there's a LFG tool, I hope they don't start monitoring the success of the groups and adapt the content accordingly. Because if they do that, running flashpoints will become a boring grind. Just like it is in wow. No challenge at all, just.... queue up and ride the rollercoaster.

• An LFG tool+trivial content=boring and pointless PVE.
  • And LFG tool+challenging content=fun PVE, as long as you stay away from that LFG tool except for premade groups and finding that last DPS.
  • No LFG tool+trivial content=boring and pointless PVE.
  • No LFG tool+challenging content=fun PVE. But slightly tricky to find groups until you build up a network of friends, or bring your friends with you to the game.

For casuals: WoW has boring and pointless 5-mans. And they've recently moved to make the raiding content work the same way. Trivializing the difficulty so that it can be zerged, then making a queue up system for it. It's just not fun. The people you meet are people you'll never meet again. And under the cover of anonymity, some of them tend to behave like *****s whilst the rest tend to be just silent. There is no consequence whatsoever in being rude, nor is there a consequence in playing really bad. It's.... just not fun that way for me.

I think it´s perfectly fine to adapt PVE-difficulty to pickup groups and in general not make the game too challenging. Having a look at WOW and all the stuff they changed over the last years (cross-realm dungeon and raid finder, end of 40-men raids, dramatically decreased number of Group quests, less complex skill system) it seems to be what the majority of players want. As long as they want to make as much money as possible with the game (and hey it´s EA, they sure want that) they will have to cater to the majority.

I´m absolutely sure we will see a dungeon and raid finder system and less heroic zones/quests in the future and it is a good thing I can hardly wait for it to happen.

Edited by lanozid

Im glad to see many against the thought of a Dungeon Finder system.

Just in the past few days of running BT and Hammer ive had a good time meeting the persons running the FPs with me. Its personal when you have to go through General chat to put your grp together. The finder removes this completely. I dont understand why people want spoon-fed MMOs ( go back to WoW, and look how well they are doing with exodus in the millions ) I came from the days of EQ where everything you did required work and effort on ones part, which in turn led to a much more rewarding experience. Please BW dont add a Dungeon Finder if you have any respect for the brilliant game you've created.

Everyone got their own ideas about LFG system if it should be in game or not. IMO it should be but without inst teleport to it . Like it was in different mmo's - if someone new is joining and group is wiping this "New" player doesnt know where to run , where is entrance and where he is . ..

LFG system would be good for ppl looking for 1 dps/tank/healer . We can be sure that this system will be in this game . There is a lot of players which would like to log in , do few FP , log off . They wont be playing other games as they like SW .

Been in the fleet station for 2 hours now, trying to make or looking for a group... people are simply out in the zones doing quests.

I used to be on the anti LFG finder team but after sitting at the fleet for a few days spamming general for hammer station or athiss groups I'm about ready to throw in the towel. This game desperately need a much, much better LFG tool than the garbage that's in place now.

Have you tried going to the zone for your flashpoint level range?

If there are 50 people at The Fleet, ranging from 10-50 it is not as much of a select group. If you go the planet of the level range and there are 50 people, there are more that would come because you are advertising to a more select group in that range. The problem with getting groups together is that people are just standing in The Fleet attempting to recruit and not venturing outside of that.

This is why there is a spot on every planet to shuttle people back to The Fleet quickly, and the Emergency Fleet Pass ability, pending it is not on cooldown.

Edited by Ohnoto

Imo having to spam chat is about as much fun as having to queue for an hour to log in. If Bioware don't want to introduce a LFG Tool until the game "matures" they may find half the players have left by the time it's done.

This lol, it's piss annoying flying to planets to have to find players for a flashpoint group, a LFG tool doesn't even need to be cross server or have teleports just let it form groups for us no matter what bloody planet we're on. Grab 1 person who's specced mostly healing, 1 who's specced mostly tanking and then 2 dps specced. Sorted.

If a Dungeon Finder is not implemented in this game I will stop my sub until they put one in. Sitting around spamming "LFG", "LFG" in general chat is not compelling gameplay. After working all day and then finally sitting down to play to have fun I do not want to "LFG".

If you don't want to use it feel free to "LFG" all you want.

And once again each and everyone of you prove that the cross server dungeon finder is a necessary tool for this game. Inevitability. A fast NECESSARY one that should be in "SOON".

At the same time, many prove that Non cross server servers are also a necessity. And should be implemented at the same time for those who wish to forfeit such a feature. Allowing transfers on/off the server for a brief time during this transition.

This seems simple to me.

They should have it but should just add it onto normal pve servers keep the rp servers as is either way no need for a dungeon finder right now to begin with maybe 4 or 5 xpacs in when the game has a few hundred instances fine but as of now all the flashpoints are in one central area not hard NOT HARD to open up the who list and flag your self LFG and browse through and find others already flagged but noo people to lazy to take that easy step and rather have the game automatically do it for you.