KOTFE story is great...Except... [worst/klunkiest line]

Hierodule

I can ignore uninspired roleplayers, and I can shrug when the dark side options are weighed heavily towards senseless edginess since they're still optional. Vaylin is a case of that character being glorified by the writing, which desperately wants you to think of her as a super serious threat.

I can't get over that they are Pink. It just... Doesn't fit. I'm also against Yellow, but that ship is long past. Green, Blue, sometimes Violet for Jedi. Silver for Imperial Knights and other "neutrals." Red and sometimes- as in very very rarely- Violet for Sith.

I figured they were using the Magenta Crystals.

Heralds of Zildrog use Lime Green crystals. I think you guys might be colorblind.

Vailyn was easily the weakest part of KOTFE writing, sorry.

It's hard to judge a character off of Act I. If she is solely one-note like her brother, then I'll be disappointed. She's just getting started.

Arcann, we've seen enough. He's 100% Stupid Evil. The only bad idea he seems to recognize as such is pushing Vaylin around.

I really like this story,

It's why I came back and subbed and played the game for the first time in a loooong time.

But there are some cliches in KotFE that I wish we could see the end of.

A lot of people have commented on Vaylin being a weak character and I agree. That scene at the start where she was just casually walking while your character tries to escape with carbonite poisoning was just silly.

I didn't like HK55 either. He was just an addon to try and get kotor people playing I suspect or something of the like. He needed a background.

What really jars me out of a story is sub par writing. For example: "You will never *insert whatever right here*" And then we just go do it. I hate that crap. Perhaps some interesting dialogue or even some motivation for the Star Fortress commanders or even some personality that isn't "Generic bad guy" would be lovely.

I would love to see better writing in the next episode. More imaginitive writing.

A lot of people have commented on Vaylin being a weak character and I agree. That scene at the start where she was just casually walking while your character tries to escape with carbonite poisoning was just silly.

Can you, or someone else, please explain why Vaylin coming after you was silly? In spite of her potential to be an interesting character, I agree she's fallen short. The superpowered psycho girl trope is run into the dirt and I get why people don't like her. But if it was Arcann coming after you rather than Vaylin, would that have made it better somehow? Vaylin is so frightening even a seasoned Sith Lord like Lana admits she has no chance of beating her, not to mention Arcann being EXTRA careful not to step on her toes. All of that coupled with Vaylin being Valkorian's favorite child and Senya going out of her way to make sure you didn't face her, suggests to me that running from Vaylin implies her power hidden behind her childish tendencies. Valkorian had to limit her strength after Senya's pleading.

Now, the fact she compromises a reactor for no reason when she likely had the capability of cutting us off from another route? That was stupid, but there's a reason she's not on the throne. She doesn't have the patience to make any decisions for the good of anyone but herself. All power, zero intelligence.

Can you, or someone else, please explain why Vaylin coming after you was silly? In spite of her potential to be an interesting character, I agree she's fallen short. The superpowered psycho girl trope is run into the dirt and I get why people don't like her. But if it was Arcann coming after you rather than Vaylin, would that have made it better somehow? Vaylin is so frightening even a seasoned Sith Lord like Lana admits she has no chance of beating her, not to mention Arcann being EXTRA careful not to step on her toes. All of that coupled with Vaylin being Valkorian's favorite child and Senya going out of her way to make sure you didn't face her, suggests to me that running from Vaylin implies her power hidden behind her childish tendencies. Valkorian had to limit her strength after Senya's pleading.

Now, the fact she compromises a reactor for no reason when she likely had the capability of cutting us off from another route? That was stupid, but there's a reason she's not on the throne. She doesn't have the patience to make any decisions for the good of anyone but herself. All power, zero intelligence.

I never though that her chasing you at the beginning was silly . Quiet the opposite . She cleary was able to 'Sense' you and thats show she is powerful and have unique abilities wich make her highly dangerous .

I don't know about that . The throne part...

One who doesn't want the Throne doesn't mean they are stupid . It usually mean their goal is elsewhere . Not everyone want to be tied to Leading , especially if they don't believe in said kingdom or believe themself mean for greater things . Why aim for Zaakul if ya want the whole galaxy ??

There is still time for her to grow and show us more . I admit so far I'm a bit dissapointed with her , but hopefully in the next chapter she surprise us .

Yup..probably why they are eternal . They get scrapped and a factory build more..and more....

and they are all controlled by an AI....and they never get tired or know fears.......:rolleyes:

I really want to know how they have such an advanced economy. These are far better than the Tradr Federation/CIS droids and are what? 3-4K years before? CIS made cheap droids, so these must be astronomically expensive.

The Eternal fleet is operated by sentient droids yes, but they probably didn't fight Jedi and Sith face to face like the Knights of Zakuul did anyway since they're, well, a fleet.

Wait are we talking about the Eternal Army or Fleet? I was under the impression that the Army was the Skytroopers Bots and the Fleet was the Scorpio Look Alikes that predate Zakul. (personally... Kinda hoping they end up being from the Yuzhan Vong Galaxy a la the Two Robot Factions who fought over there).

Wait are we talking about the Eternal Army or Fleet? I was under the impression that the Army was the Skytroopers Bots and the Fleet was the Scorpio Look Alikes that predate Zakul. (personally... Kinda hoping they end up being from the Yuzhan Vong Galaxy a la the Two Robot Factions who fought over there).

From what we saw this far, there's two military branch active in Zakuul, the automated Eternal Fleet, operated by sentient droids of GEMINI series (like SCORPIO), it's the naval forces, hence why they don't fight Jedi and Sith at close combat. The ground forces consist of force sensitive "Knights" which also serve as some kind of militia or royal guards for Zakuul when they aren't invading galaxies, we see them fighting alongside Arcann and Thexan in the trailer, those aren't droids, they're humans. :D

Edited by Lazproperty

From what we saw this far, there's two military branch active in Zakuul, the automated Eternal Fleet, operated by sentient droids of GEMINI series (like SCORPIO), it's the naval forces, hence why they don't fight Jedi and Sith at close combat. The ground forces consist of force sensitive "Knights" which also serve as some kind of militia or royal guards for Zakuul when they aren't invading galaxies, we see them fighting alongside Arcann and Thexan in the trailer, those aren't droids, they're humans. :D

I see thank you for the clarification! I though Skytroopers were bots and Knights of Zakuul were force sensitives.

That actually makes more sense. I was wondering how an empire the size of Zakuul could keep churning out "droids" more advanced than Droidekas.

How Lana says "may the force serve you" to everyone.

Fine for her to say to other force-users. It's part of her cultural background as a Sith ... <I realize, that's part of belief system surrounding force lore - Jedi serve the force, the force serves the Sith>.

However, saying it to a smuggler, a trooper, an Imperial agent or a Mandalorian makes no sort of sense.

Huh? That pretty clearly just means "may the force be with you", which you hear jedi say to non-force users all the time and non-force users to them. And both Jedi and Sith know the force flows through everything so by their viewpoint it would certainly affect your chawefdsdfwdfdf

What have I done with my life

Huh? That pretty clearly just means "may the force be with you", which you hear jedi say to non-force users all the time and non-force users to them. And both Jedi and Sith know the force flows through everything so by their viewpoint it would certainly affect your chawefdsdfwdfdf

What have I done with my life

I even like it better than May the Force Be with you, that Jedi use :p

Saying "May the Force be with you" makes more sense in this context, though. Because Jedi teachings are that everyone is guided by the will of the Force, but saying "May the Force ever serve you" is specifically a reference to Sith training about how to wield the Force.

Anyway, the only really awkward dialogue I remember offhand is when Kothe asks you about Fate while searching for parts to fix the Gravestone. The only options are to disagree with him in a kind of unnecessarily hostile way, or angrily dismiss the question or agree with him in a bizarre line of dialogue that seems like it's out of a comedy. It would really only be fitting for overconfident smugglers.

"Things always seem to go my way, there's really no other explanation." I can't imagine any Jedi would ever say that, except maybe a sarcastic one.

It actually reminds me of a line from Archer. And even he sounded less self absorbed when musing on why things often go his way.

Edited by OldVengeance

Saying "May the Force be with you" makes more sense in this context, though. Because Jedi teachings are that everyone is guided by the will of the Force, but saying "May the Force ever serve you" is specifically a reference to Sith training about how to wield the Force.

Anyway, the only really awkward dialogue I remember offhand is when Kothe asks you about Fate while searching for parts to fix the Gravestone. The only options are to disagree with him in a kind of unnecessarily hostile way, or angrily dismiss the question or agree with him in a bizarre line of dialogue that seems like it's out of a comedy. It would really only be fitting for overconfident smugglers.

"Things always seem to go my way, there's really no other explanation." I can't imagine any Jedi would ever say that, except maybe a sarcastic one.

It actually reminds me of a line from Archer. And even he sounded less self absorbed when musing on why things often go his way.

Agreed there! I had the same issue during class convo's with companions. I had my newest Inquisitor marry Revel just because I hated hated hated how mean and awful the no response came off as :p I'd rather she cheated than be that mean with the no :p