I never asked to come to this terrible rep side WZ server...

ElCidCampeon

Stopped playing for about 5-6 months. I used to be on the Fatman. Decided to resub since game is going F2P soon but when I came back Fatman server is gone, guild is gone, and now I'm trying to grind comms with a rep side that doesn't seem to care in WZ. Loss after loss after loss after loss after loss.:mad: Was this normal for you guys on PoT5 before the server merge???

well, he's not entirely wrong, I'm afraid. the warzones got .noticably. worse about 2/2 1/2 weeks ago... all of a sudden it was very very painful to get your weekly done. before that, I was usually done by thursday, friday if it was a 'bad day'. last week I had a total of 2 wins on saturday and was only able to finish my daily at all because I a) did the 24-hours-gaming for extra-life, and b) ended up with 'pugs' full of people I've known for a while.

not only that, apparently the trolls have taken over the republic now and it's very discouraging to get yelled at and have people tell you that you 'suck so bad' even when you won.

(not forgetting to mention the good imp guilds not doing ranked but sending their 'a-teams' into normal warzones instead, when the republic is full of fresh 50s that sometimes don't even wear recruit gear but green lvl 47)

and I'm saying this as the scrub that I am. *throws sparkles*

I doubt it's really just 'the fatman people' either, though. after all quite a few of the good imps are from the fatman and I know a few of the former fatman folks from back when they were still on the twin spears.

personally, I just think it's several things combined. returner who aren't 'up to date', faction switcher who are now mad the reps can't carry them either, reroller, trolls and in turn good player being turned off by their attitude...

Edited by amnie

Reroll Empire then. There isn't a single baddie there.

No. My first character was a Sage on Fatman before we had the huge influx of dead server rerolls. My whole legacy is Republic. Not interested in playing opposite faction considering they're all mirror classes. Are there any good pub side PvP guilds???

trolls and in turn good player being turned off by their attitude...

Amen to that. I get so sick of "You're so bad!!!" yet at the end of the game, they have the lowest medals, lowest damage, lowest kills, lowest objectives... Yet I have to listen to this fool, tell me, a seasoned PvPer, that it is *I* who is bad...

There have been an ever growing number of bads calling goods, "bads" and it gets old really fast. These bads really think they are good too, when the truth is, the bads are just accustomed to being carried by the *real* goods and can't cope with a mediocre team.

Edited by Wraiven

I'm not having any issues. Although I will say *most* people suck at this game or have enough gear to appear decent.

Just got my vanguard to 50 and the amount of times I have killed war hero marauders and juggs is laughable.

#tactics #winning

Edit: Oh and I'm terrible at this game. So by not having any issues I mean I must have 7 competent teammates to win.

Edited by Invictusthetaru

It's not just on the republic side. There are plenty of poor imperial pugs too. Additionally the elitists on our side don't shut up the whole match calling people bads or comments like (this is the worst pug I've ever played )

Regarding the a team comment, my guild groups together but some are full wh half optimized, some are fresh 50. Just depends who's on

Problem with rated is nobody wants to get rolled by a fully practiced and geared team. There's lots of people including myself who would love to do more rated, but if more "mortals" did them it might not be so bad.

Finding a group of 8 who are willing to log in every night and get pummeled just doesn't happen. I wish we could get more people who are not necessarily full wh to do rateds, maybe if that happened the people less geared may run into less drastic imbalance in the regulars.

Edited by Alizaro

guys, I know that... and you should all know that there's usually pax people around doing warzones even if we keep getting called bads ;)

I'm more talking about 'random folks' who might be turned off by it - for all kinds of reasons. I personally love to do warzones still, even if for the last 2 weeks I've been mostly doing lowbie stuff so I can finally get my other class buffs. lol (which is in part due to people never buffing in 50s warzones which is driving me crazy ... grr. lol)

Fact. One more level on my merc and I can put it aside again, then it'll be random side lowbie wzing and leveling. ^^

Can't complain about Rep side, it's all even like I said in many threads so often, usually you win more than you lose, but those terrible games stay in mind for longer I guess. ^^

Most of the bads seem to be on empire side, to be honest.

Here's a hint: when playing ACW or NC, leave the middle objectives and cap the sides. Sit back and defend and watch as the entire imp team goes to zerg mid. They will then become frustrated that they can't seem to get another node.

I've honestly lost maybe once or twice using this strategy out of 100s of games played.

Most of the bads seem to be on empire side, to be honest.

Here's a hint: when playing ACW or NC, leave the middle objectives and cap the sides. Sit back and defend and watch as the entire imp team goes to zerg mid. They will then become frustrated that they can't seem to get another node.

I've honestly lost maybe once or twice using this strategy out of 100s of games played.

imps, please all do this.

reps: don't you dare listen to this.

Edited by amnie

You will find that most imps are preoccupied by numbers. Generally, they mass up and try and go where the biggest concentration of red names is heading.

lol. yeah you have a point there. I'm currently leveling up another rep and an imp char at the same time and do mostly warzones with them - and it's even much more noticable in the lowbie warzones. and even though we see more and more people on rep site turning into wz-quitters it still happens far more often with imps. (funny side-note: I was in a warzone on my op a few days ago where everyone but one player had a republic main. the 'imp original' kept calling us names the whole match, accused us of sabotaging - and we won. lol. good times)

• 2 weeks later...