Action bars

Allistair

I have even a more efficient idea

Let us save different quickbar combinations like PVP / PVE / Warezone / social fleet fun ....

that would make it much more clearer than having 10 quickbars over the screen playing the game 1/10 of the screen ^^ and it would allow to use the same key bind for different abilities in different saved quickbar layouts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hadnt seen your post until after I made a thread on the exact same subject. As I said in my thread, some classes arent so bad, but my Operative in particular has absolutely ZERO slots left for ANY extras. Im going to have to sacrifice some lesser used abilities to get a mount up on the bar and maybe a stim or something. Bummer really.

M

We need the ability to :

1. Create MORE action bars

2. make them either horizontal or vertical as we desire, not have them fixed

3. add more than 12 spaces per bar. (The 2 at the bottom wouldn't be bad if we could double the number of spaces of each bar.)

We need the ability to :

1. Create MORE action bars

2. make them either horizontal or vertical as we desire, not have them fixed

3. add more than 12 spaces per bar. (The 2 at the bottom wouldn't be bad if we could double the number of spaces of each bar.)

1: Agree

2: We can do that now (1.2)

3: Moving bars 3 and 4 down to the bottom virtually does this now (1.2) But that still brings us back to your first point, additional quickbars is needed.

1: Agree

2: We can do that now (1.2)

3: Moving bars 3 and 4 down to the bottom virtually does this now (1.2) But that still brings us back to your first point, additional quickbars is needed.

How do I make those 2 side bars horizontal then, because I couldn't figure it out.

I don't really remember exactly what they're called, but basically you just click on the quickbar and screw around with the settings until you get your intended changes. There's only so many settings for the quickbar and you also have a cancel button if your UI spontaneously combusts from the changes.

Bioware when will you learn?? We need more action bars so we can put in our stims, adrenals and pots and more of that stuff. There just isnt enough room ! How hard can it be? Even rift had this at launch..

We don't really care about what rift had at launch. You guys are never satisfied! Go play somewhere else please.

Don't get me wrong, I think your points are all valid, assuming you have legitimate needs for additional or longer quickbars. However, I'm personally trying to go in the opposite direction; I need to reduce the number of quickslot keys to as little as possible.

I believe there's a law of diminishing returns when it comes to quickbars: You can only put so much crap on your screen before you become overwhelmed with abilities and therefore reduce your combat effectiveness. I don't really think people should have every single ability on your screen at all times. I would rather have a way to combine abilities (e.g. my relic and reusable adrenals into one key, as I use them simultaneously) and reduce the overall clutter on the screen. If I could play this game with four buttons, I would. But I can't, but at least my goal would be to try to minimize the amount of commands I would use to the bare essentials.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

I honestly don't understand how having 48 quickslots aren't enough. I agree with the above poster that I'd rather have less clutter than more, but I need to ask some questions.

Do you use all your abilities? Each class I've played so far has a few abilities that either become less useful or are replaced as you skill up. My Marauder for example has 2 abilities that I haven't used since level 40, ever. They're not on my toolbar. I'm Carnage specced so I only have Ataru Form on my quickslots, as I'll never use anything else. Sprint is there so I know its on, but realistically I never use it so it can go too.

I've got about 25-30 (2½ bars) of abilities used often so I'm finding the new UI great. Being able to take stims etc. down to 1 button would be good, but otherwise its great.

How do I make those 2 side bars horizontal then, because I couldn't figure it out.

Go into your UI Editor,

Then select either of the 2 side bars, then you need to go into the bars settings and adjust the settings untill the bar is horizontal instead of vertical, its the setting called "number of buttons per row" or something like that, just mess around with the sliders untill it goes horizontal,

Then drag it to where you want it, you can add an extra 2 hotbars to your central hotbar area if you want (very good for clickers), simply move your unit frames upwards giving you room for the extra bars.

Or, you can turn a vertical bar into a square or rectangular hotbar, sort of like a hotbar box, and place this at the right or left of your main hotbar area.

It's very much like Bartendor, an add-on for WoW, except they forgot to include micro x and y adjustment and auto centering.

But still a massive step forward.