4 Man Eternity Vault(With Video)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really not veryrelevant at all.

1) This was well over a year after Onyxia was released, and 3 raiding tiers on. Not 2 months after EV is released using basically same-tier gear (this looked easy enough that it would also be possible in full Columi not just full Rakata).

2) Onyxia had no enrage, plus healers at this time were using downranking tricks + naxx gear to heal forever (not intended by bliz, they nerfed it just before TBC (or was it at start of TBC?).

My point was just to post it as someone said it hadn't been done with 20-man in classic wow.

Anyways I understand that EV is possible to solo 4 man in full rakata or even columi when you know the fight and have experience - it's intended for people who just got to 50.

I like the idea, but sadly.. Makes HM fps kinda useless when EV is so fast to clear.

1) This was well over a year after Onyxia was released, and 3 raiding tiers on. Not 2 months after EV is released using basically same-tier gear (this looked easy enough that it would also be possible in full Columi not just full Rakata).

2) Onyxia had no enrage, plus healers at this time were using downranking tricks + naxx gear to heal forever (not intended by bliz, they nerfed it just before TBC (or was it at start of TBC?).

1) Go do EV with 4 people in some tionese with a few other blue / epic pieces splashed in. Please go do it.

2) It would be almost impossible to do SOA with 4 people in tionese and a few dungeon epics.

EV Normal mode was made to be done concurrently with flashpoints. You can go into EV without ever stepping foot into a flashpoint and do just fine. Rakata is 2 tiers above so its like doing Molten Core in full Tier 3 (Naxx) gear. Its pretty much the same thing.

Its a cool video to see, sure. Is it something to brag about? Most definitely not.

Edited by jHats

1) Go do EV with 4 people in some tionese with a few other blue / epic pieces splashed in. Please go do it.

2) It would be almost impossible to do SOA with 4 people in tionese and a few dungeon epics.

EV Normal mode was made to be done concurrently with flashpoints. You can go into EV without ever stepping foot into a flashpoint and do just fine. Rakata is 2 tiers above so its like doing Molten Core in full Tier 3 (Naxx) gear. Its pretty much the same thing.

Its a cool video to see, sure. Is it something to brag about? Most definitely not.

Uh, that's not really the same at all. Rakata gear is not a new tier, it's just slightly better than normal mode gear. Naxx gear was significantly better and came out a full 2 years after the original content.

Part of the problem is that SWTOR's gearing makes no sense at all. You have Tionese, which is completely useless because in the time it takes you to get enough commendations for one item you could have just gotten full Columi instead. By the time you can afford a few Tionese items, you could be in full Rakata. It's an extremely silly system.

Uh, that's not really the same at all. Rakata gear is not a new tier, it's just slightly better than normal mode gear. Naxx gear was significantly better and came out a full 2 years after the original content.

Part of the problem is that SWTOR's gearing makes no sense at all. You have Tionese, which is completely useless because in the time it takes you to get enough commendations for one item you could have just gotten full Columi instead. By the time you can afford a few Tionese items, you could be in full Rakata. It's an extremely silly system.

I agree that its a silly system, but the stat difference between the gear you are "supposed" to be doing EV normal / KP normal and Rakata is big. Ill give you an example.

Tionese Combat Medic's Body Armor

88 Aim

102 Endurance

23 Power

40 Alacrity

Rakata Combat Medic's Body Armor

122 Aim

105 Endurance

48 Critical

51 Alacrity

+34 Aim

+3 Endurance

-23 Power

+48 Critical

+11 Alacrity

Now here are the WoW items : Tier 1 = Prophecy , Tier 3 = Faith

Robes of Prophecy

17 Spirit

10 Fire Resist

27 Intellect

20 Stamina

Robes of Faith

25 spirit

29 Intellect

50 Stamina

+8 Spirit

-10 Fire Resist

+2 Intellect

+30 Stamina

Regardless of how you look at Rakata, it IS 2 tiers of armor above Tionese. This is undisputable. It doesnt really matter if its in game now or in 2 years. Tier is tier and its two tiers of gear above.

I do feel that its a silly system they have. There should have been no columi in hard mode flashpoints. It should have been comms to get gear. You should have gotten lvl 50 blues from the flashpoints and an epic drop off the end boss. Columi should have only came from the normals and rakata from the hardmodes / nightmares.

They made gear progression too horizontal and not vertical enough.

Edited by jHats

yea but in vanilla wow didnt we have like 2k health and wasnt 30 sta a big deal. tanks have 25k in first tier gear. Those stat upgrades arent mind blowing with how stats are atm.

Show me a tank that has 25k in tionese and i'll give you my account and the keys to my car lol.

The only thing the Faith vestments really give you is the health, which didnt increase power. Here you are given stats. Ill give the full stat difference of someone in half rakata / half tionese and the difference in stats will be mind blowing large.

In my opinion the solution is for Bioware to introduce harder content for the geared-up people. Since current content is basically intended for 'gearing up'.

There is a new raid coming out with Patch 1.2 next month.

Operation: Explosive Conflict

Already spoken about a little bit in interviews, you will travel to the planet of Denova where you will be battling your opposing faction.

Nightmare mode provides a decent challenge, but I think they need to add in more mechanics to the nightmare modes to make them more unique compared to the normal / hard counterparts. The Fabricator droid kinda did this with the burns doing different things when you chose them.

Edited by jHats

once again by first tier i mean raka. Not tien. Since u know they do share a set bonus and this is the FIRST SET of gear you can get. But i do know assassins can break 23k in half columi. The video wasn't made to brag it was made to point out how bad the gear progression is. Raid ev once a week and have a chance at columi or do hms everyday and skip norm ev. I don't remember in any multi difficulty raids on any mmo could you skip the normal entirely just because you grinded the heroic group dungeons.

There is another great example of bw failing. Name one reason to actually try and run nm? Progression? It drops the same loot that hm does aside from a extra piece of columi i do believe. And of course the mount. But really bw released raid content that u can skip normal and don't need to do nm. Thats he point of the video. To show how endgame is really a joke and well coordinated people in half columi can actually get top end gear.

once again by first tier i mean raka. Not tien. Since u know they do share a set bonus and this is the FIRST SET of gear you can get. But i do know assassins can break 23k in half columi. The video wasn't made to brag it was made to point out how bad the gear progression is. Raid ev once a week and have a chance at columi or do hms everyday and skip norm ev. I don't remember in any multi difficulty raids on any mmo could you skip the normal entirely just because you grinded the heroic group dungeons.

You shouldn't look at "shared set bonuses' or any other mechanic with the gear to determine if its tier or not. Rakata is a higher tier of gear plain and simple.

You really aren't grasping what Bioware has done. EV Normal is in no way meant to be cutting edge or progression worthy. Its meant for the super casual. If you are a well organized guild then you should be doing EV hards after maybe a week or 2 in EV Normal (if you even need normal). People get stuck on Normal mode and try to equate it to other normal modes in other MMOs. You cannot do this.

There is another great example of bw failing. Name one reason to actually try and run nm? Progression? It drops the same loot that hm does aside from a extra piece of columi i do believe. And of course the mount. But really bw released raid content that u can skip normal and don't need to do nm. Thats he point of the video. To show how endgame is really a joke and well coordinated people in half columi can actually get top end gear.

Quit the game then lol. No one is forcing you to be here. Nightmare mode exists fot the challenge. Nothing more , nothing less. They aren't going to cater to the super hardcore as that isn't their target demographic. You aren't going to get a huge gear advantage from running it. Its simply not their design intent.

Go 4 man EV hard, then come back and post that video.

Edited by jHats

saw a comment about onyxia earlier.

Onyxia was 4 man in tier 3 gear. a 40 man encounter. 4 manned soo this is cool and content is easy atm but cmon. if they had released content so hard that casualy raiders couldnt clear it. the game woulda died so fast. they needed to let people warm up to swtor raiding.

that being said nightmare is too easy.

woah lol, didn't know i'd start such a rage fest. Well let me clear up a few things about gear for this group. First of all I'm main spec DPS my offspec is heals. As far as saying the whole group was full rakata this is partially true. I was wearing 2 pc medic for the reduced energy cost on my aoe heal and 2 pc champion healing set for the 15% healing increase on my aoe heal. The only other healing pieces I was wearing was my rakata weapon columi off-hand and battlemaster implants and earpiece. Other than that I was wearing my DPS rakata stuff. I also had orange belt and bracers with ilvl 58 armor and mods (better itemized than rakata) for my dps spec. Our dps and tank had mostly rakata stuff, yet our merc DPS in the video just hit 50 last week and got lukcy in a hard mode run, but his gear was not top notch.

That being said yeah gear was a big facor and by no means were we gimped at all. At the same time we did not have full bis fully optimized gear, we had gear that was easily obtainable through hard modes and 4 man flashpoints. What I'm trying to say is that it's not all about gear, sure it helps but if you really look at the item level difference between columi and rakata is only a 4 item level difference. columi being 136 and rakata being 140.

Any group of 4 people can do this. All you have to do is spend some time in 4 man flashpoints to get your ilvl 136 gear and a well cordinated group can clear all the content in the game. This game is not hard, but it's also the first teir of content, what gives me hope is that there is a nice jump in difficulty from EV to KP. It's not a huge jump but it's enough to give me hope that the new content coming in March will be more challenging. This game teaches you that you need to be cordinated and work well with other people to kill bosses. That's not saying you can't be succsful without it, a group with gear can totally destroy content, but the most successful guilds and groups are going to be those that can work really well with each other.

That was just sad. No offense to you guys, but the fact that it was doable, and so easily, is just... Sad.

Good Job though showing Bioware how easy mode end-game is.

er alliance were 10 manning 40 man outdoor green dragons in vanilla wow years ago chief gogo female dwarf priests

you wont be pugging these with 4 people

It is relevant because in Classic WoW there weren't three tiers of gear per raid instance, and the gear isn't "basically same tier gear." Normal modes are tuned for blues and quest greens. The difference between that and Rakata is hardly "basically the same."

Full Rakata in ToR is essentially what full AQ40 or potentially full Naxx gear was in Classic WoW (before they went crazy with item inflation). Plus it's very hard if not impossible to throw new encounters at people anymore. Every fight can be broken down into mechanics people have seen before, just mixed together differently, making it far easier for players to clear content now than it was 6 or 7 years ago.

Anyway, this doesn't surprise me at all. The Normal modes are hilariously easy. HM 4 man Flashpoints are harder than most of the Normal raids. In fact, I'd say Normal Directive 7 is harder than most of the Normal raids even.

And to whoever said they cleared Vanilla Naxx with 4 people...we're talking 40 man Vanilla Naxx, not that travesty they threw together in Wrath. I guarantee you did not 4 man Vanilla Naxx, ever. Patchwerk, Maexxna, Gothik, Raz, hell even Gargoyle trash would have been impossible with that few.