Sorcs SUCK!

revolana

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

biggest joke on this thread is that the spec that was nerfed was not a 1v1 spec.... it was an OP aoe spec (31 madness or lightning would beat the wrath CL spec in any 1v1)

Also, if you want AOE damage why not just go lightning? Its not that bad but like many have said before you... no spec will make you good if you are really a bad =| Except MAYBE a mara / sentinel ...

My advice - get better

biggest joke on this thread is that the spec that was nerfed was not a 1v1 spec.... it was an OP aoe spec (31 madness or lightning would beat the wrath CL spec in any 1v1)

Also, if you want AOE damage why not just go lightning? Its not that bad but like many have said before you... no spec will make you good if you are really a bad =| Except MAYBE a mara / sentinel ...

My advice - get better

Well for 1 the spec was hardly op in the first place :p it was just bad's crying and getting it nerfed for no reason 2 the spec worked perfectly 1v1 as pretty much any spec does for sorcerer's as we are decently balanced :) but yea if you guys cant handle playing a sorc just roll a mara/sent

If you play your Sorc like you play your Jugg, then little wonder you're having problems

I haven't played my jugg for 4 weeks in PVP now. Its boring, easy mode and doesn't fit my play style even tho its much easier to win. So please....

I still do well (as far as medals, numbers etc go....ie irrelevantly well) on my sorc in PvP. Its just not fun in any way.

The class is just a punchbag for dpsers.

I am curious how you come to the conclusion that high healing and high damage means a bad player though? If you ask me, high healing numbers is effective healing, and high damage is also good..

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=452108&highlight=%3D%2F%3D

Big numbers do not (always) mean good player or class.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=452108&highlight=%3D%2F%3D

Big numbers do not (always) mean good player or class.

Yeah, ok, I see your point. But, at the same time, they also don't mean a bad player or class either, and I for one don't appreciate being branded a 'bad player' because I know my job.

As a battlefield healer, my DPS sucks, but I can still one vs one kill some classes. But that isn't my job. My job in that warzone is keeping others alive. That means big numbers, and yes, sometimes casting an aoe heal or two, or putting hots on people, even if they are not in immediate combat. Why? It's called being proactive. If I see a bunch of Reps running across the hill towards us, sure, I'll start hot'ing and shielding people up ready for the incoming targets.

My AoE heal is incredibly useful in a WZ, especially the ones with objectives to capture, or points to defend. Why? Because you get a lot of people standing in a small area, most of whom probably need healing. If that means I get high healing numbers because there are also people there who don't need heals, then so be it. That doesn't make me a bad healer, it makes me efficient.

Why is it that every single game i play i happen to choose the most crapped on class there is? I mean i pick a Sorc for ranged DPS and what happens? Stun, Stun, Snare, Blinded, Immobilized dead. Seriously what fun is that? I get 1 insta cast 4 second stun and 1 30 minute cast time whirlwind. However if i dps someone they get broke out. Me, hell no i get stunned and im dead from all the damage thats being put out on me.

I cant for the life of me figure out why all the other classes are feeling so OP when it comes to 1v1. I stand 0 chance to beat anyone in 1v1. Now i see why everyone rages about the failfest of a pvp system in this game. Seriously needs overhauled and balanced a TON.

You need to check your skill, try to beat 1v1 another sorc, so you can eliminate class advantages.

A quick movie to help anyone having trouble with fights vs mara/sent showing both madness and lightning specs good tips tricks and strats! cheers.

Wow this is helpful, really thanks! I seem to have a bit of trouble kiting and wandering into another mob of enemies lol so this will prove useful for me. Thanks again!

A quick movie to help anyone having trouble with fights vs mara/sent showing both madness and lightning specs good tips tricks and strats! cheers.

Tbh i wouldn't have made any vids like this until i saw how many players think sorcs suck so much :)

This was better than expected! I recently switched over to Lightning tree to just play around and try it out and hit 4116 with a single thundering blast.

That's the highest recorded crit I've ever done with my sorc, ever. This was with the BM Power relic on only, but if you added CL right after I literally hit the guy for 7400+. This is insane.

I'm also disappointed because of the nerf done to sorcerers, especially healers. Before 1.2 we were able to do HM runs(FPs and Ops) with sorc healers with no big problems. Few deaths here and there of course but now we have to skip certain bonus bosses if we are using sorc healer because no matter how hard the healer tries it's still not good enough. And our sorc healers are skilled players, they know what to do when healing but it's no good with a broken class!

I really only have a hard time in LI, and mainly it's a lack of dps, healing is fine but most of the time the group will hit enrage. Other then that I haven't been having any issues with any HM's, but I'm in mainly Rakata with the exception of Columi Chest/Boots and my Blackhole Bracer/Belt.

Near BiS stats against lesser geared players who don't know how to open against a Sorcerer. If you just look at the abilities that say a Marauder has they can literally take a Sorcerer from 100 to near 0 without the Sorcerer getting one cast off. With proper use of AE CC, Choke, Interrupt, Perma Snare, Force Charge Interrupt+Root while bleeds tick for 100% crit and healing each tick for 2%!

A Powertech Pyro will simply walk up to a Sorcerer inside a WZ and cast Flame which has a 100% of applying a DoT and Snare each tick of that DoT and its over...You can stun, force speed, WW..You might get away but if you try to fight its over!

Duels are like economists they assume everything!

What kind of gear/stim is your character smoking??

lol :) it was just in some sorcerer who im guessing had around 900-1k expertise in a warzone but i have tested on my buddy who has 1350+ expertise as a sorcerer with all my procs up (Lightning storm-Lightning barrage) rakata attack adrenal+war hero power relic my power goes upwards of 1600+ :) with all those procs up i can kill him in around 4-5 seconds doing 4.3TB>1.2>1.2>1.2>1.2FL>5kCL>2.7kShock