Hail Keith

Going

Wut...?

Keith came around 5.2, and while the command system improved under his rein, he is also the one responsible for the current Ossus grind. Under him we have gone a few steps forwards and then several steps backwards.

So no... puts glass on table.

6.0 is the final shot for me.

Wut...?

Keith came around 5.2, and while the command system improved under his rein, he is also the one responsible for the current Ossus grind. Under him we have gone a few steps forwards and then several steps backwards.

Wait till you see the 6.0 grind... 3 sets of gear for all your Jugg specs if you happen to play them all. ;)

hey! tbf, "tactical" items are an improvement. eventually all games progress and items needed for end game go up. I mean it may be more to do, but whos to say itll be hard?

want to hear some serial wishful thinking that I would do if I ran swtor?

a) set wz bolster to 1 tier above nim gear and make set bonuses the only deciding factor. in this case this tactical items would only serve to make cllasses unique and fun. like the skill trees did

or b) tactical item will not work in pvp zones, and/or there will be seperate tactical pvp item that Only work in pvp zones, and in traditional expertise grind design will be far far cheaper and less grindy than pve TI, maybe even built in to expertise sets.

I personaly would go with A, B is more settleing for what is more likely to happen

Edited by Seterade

Wut...?

Ossus grind is welcome as it's here to drive us to 6.0. WAI

the ossus gear design is actually the best thing about 5.x

this is not sarcasm, I have repeated/said in forum since 5.10 launch my displeasure at swtor is the meta and poor dev interaction, but not the gearing.

this gearing is what gearing used to be before the disgusting money grab GC was. you legit can gear as a f2p/perfered in 5.10

first, the entry mission only requires level 70 to obtain. second, it rewards GREEN gear that is higher than arifact authorization basic 230 gear just for sitting through the intro. third, ossus is a rep based planet with daily, no chapters, just dailys, with OWPVP but no aids adds like iokath. ossus is not sub only, and all crystals gained are obtainable by f2p/perfered. hm wb, wbs, and queueing with a friend for UC (UC is also offered from almost every activity finder) and last but not least! the gear on ossus doesnt require Galatic Command Tokens, the number one thing that premeated money grab about GC

now.... Im personaly more of a fan of making a currency cap per week, like the 5 now, but you can do your content... but hey no one gets everything they want, I'll settle for most crystals are gainable by pvp and the 252 bolster, and the fact that they are no longer kicking to the curb the 50% of this game that doesnt sub 24/7

as the disney guy said in family guy: Come to disneyland! Bring Money!

PS: I would also have liked the UC crystals to be as easy to gain as the pve crystals. Imo the should have been 5 crystals to be gained by either paying 500 UC per, or defeating the wbs, 4 MMfps,1 story mode op, and hm queen. Id say in this the wbs grant 2. but you were capped at 5 per week, and could only do each pve one once. but alas, as 5.10 is, the second UC crystal is a ridiculous price, and in order to get all 5 crystals you have to do a variety of content.

Edited by Seterade

the ossus gear design is actually the best thing about 5.x

this is not sarcasm, I have repeated/said in forum since 5.10 launch my displeasure at swtor is the meta and poor dev interaction, but not the gearing.

this gearing is what gearing used to be before the disgusting money grab GC was. you legit can gear as a f2p/perfered in 5.10

first, the entry mission only requires level 70 to obtain. second, it rewards GREEN gear that is higher than arifact authorization basic 230 gear just for sitting through the intro. third, ossus is a rep based planet with daily, no chapters, just dailys, with OWPVP but no aids adds like iokath. ossus is not sub only, and all crystals gained are obtainable by f2p/perfered. hm wb, wbs, and queueing with a friend for UC (UC is also offered from almost every activity finder) and last but not least! the gear on ossus doesnt require Galatic Command Tokens, the number one thing that premeated money grab about GC

now.... Im personaly more of a fan of making a currency cap per week, like the 5 now, but you can do your content... but hey no one gets everything they want, I'll settle for most crystals are gainable by pvp and the 252 bolster, and the fact that they are no longer kicking to the curb the 50% of this game that doesnt sub 24/7

as the disney guy said in family guy: Come to disneyland! Bring Money!

I’m sorry but I hate the changed gear grind and broken RNG that gives you the same pieces over and over.

I’m not into pve that much and I hate that I would have to do dailies on 10 Alts to get the gear I need.

I’m sorry but there is nothing good about that.

As bad as 5.0-5.9 was for gearing. I much prefer how it was from 5.7 onwards than this system.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Can’t tell if this is sarcasm or what??

hmm. nah it's not sarcasm, but i'm not going to start a debate with you over it because I already know we're on two different wave lengths.

Wut...?

The current grind is way easier than the 5.0+ grind. So to me, him being responsible for it is a good thing. It's a bandage for the command crate, and although it's not perfect....it did the job.

He also brought back more group oriented play, and focused more on core mmo updates.

I will guarantee one thing before I stop playing playing forever. If 6.0 comes and keith brings either gearless bolster or expertise back, I will bump this topic to front page with Hail Keith. Edited by Seterade

The current grind is way easier than the 5.0+ grind. So to me, him being responsible for it is a good thing. It's a bandage for the command crate, and although it's not perfect....it did the job.

He also brought back more group oriented play, and focused more on core mmo updates.

To each their own I guess. To me it is the single worst gearing in this game so far. I don't even have one 258 set of gear. I would gladly revert back to 5.9. Meh.

What job did it do exactly?

We must play a different game.

I stopped doing Ossus in January as I simply couldn't force myself anymore to go there just one more time. Are you saying that you are still running the Ossus stuff 5 months later and think that this is enjoyable?

I agree that Keith brought back more group oriented play. And the small percentage of gamers that focus on group play surely enjoy it. I just wonder why for example it takes hours to assemble an OPs group on the fleet. And the complaints about no one wanting to do the Queen VM are contradicting your claim as well. Not to mention the vast amount of groups playing the Gods OP. I mean, that's content everyone loves and it only took them 2 years to get it done. /slowclap

The Command system, after the tweaks, was better in every way than what we have now.

set wz bolster to 1 tier above nim gear and make set bonuses the only deciding factor. in this case this tactical items would only serve to make cllasses unique and fun. like the skill trees did

Right. if they don't want to add a easy gear set to grind fast through for PVP, then they can adjust bolster to make it so WZs and PVP are still about skill and not gears. This to me seems the easiest way to manage this issue.

What job did it do exactly?

We must play a different game.

I stopped doing Ossus in January as I simply couldn't force myself anymore to go there just one more time. Are you saying that you are still running the Ossus stuff 5 months later and think that this is enjoyable?

I agree that Keith brought back more group oriented play. And the small percentage of gamers that focus on group play surely enjoy it. I just wonder why for example it takes hours to assemble an OPs group on the fleet. And the complaints about no one wanting to do the Queen VM are contradicting your claim as well. Not to mention the vast amount of groups playing the Gods OP. I mean, that's content everyone loves and it only took them 2 years to get it done. /slowclap

The Command system, after the tweaks, was better in every way than what we have now.

You hail the rng, I hail the Keith...

I’m sorry but I hate the changed gear grind and broken RNG that gives you the same pieces over and over.

I think here lied the problem for 5.10 and beyond. The repeat of gear pieces showing up, and the Enhancement bound to slot mistake. This last even worse to the first. Did we return to 1.1 or .2.

If these where fixed us the players would have moaned much less. But the enhancement sting and the RNG double triples. I do not how much I tried dailies on 8 characters to try and get an Alacrity Implant (example) to always finish with the wrong peace or a Critical and Accuracy one. I think only with my Scoundrel did I manage to get the right implants.

The other mistakes then once u thrash the gear u only 1/3 of value u need to buy the crystals.

All these could have worked much better with a few tweaks.

Yes game is improving with Keith and Ossus was a nice addition and better to all the planets that have come after 2.0. But the gear grind is a concern and I am sure they made it to gain time till September. IMO they certainly did since I do not have one alt in full 258 since before Xmas, which is painful to say the least.

LOL you guys actually do Ossus dailys for the RNG crate? sorry, that is sad.

its a worthless design, poorly designed and only a time waste. do what smart people are doing, we earn our crystals and we grind our weekly rep cap for 4 weeks. botta bing botta boom, only go back to ossus for crystals. you get 5 crystals a week, full rep means 1 full gear pieces a week, cept main/off and 3 piece sets (chest, glove,boot,leg) wb intro will give you main hand, 5 crystals will give you its next level and 2 weeks of solos and bazinga you have a 258 mainhand. want left side? you are in luck, every week, you get 2 timed missions, 2 UC, 1 WB, and 1 solos crystal. you need 2 for first buy, and 3 for 258

• 3 weeks later...