Golden Fury 8m HM Droid Question

Hey all,

How do your Offtanks and DPS deal with the Golden Fury Droids that spawn in 8m HM.

I seem to be having problems holding both droids with 2 ranged dps, dpsing both droids at the same time.

Are we doing something wrong? Should they both be targetted the one I am so I can focus tank one and use aoe abilites for the other? I seem to be trying to hold both and failing miserably as our dps peels one of the droids right off and they die instantly.

Also how do you guys time the Isotope-9? Dulfy said 2 laser phases it should last but I got dropped quick. Maybe we didn't interrupt in time.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Enrage is extremely tight on 8man HM so we actually used 2.5 ranged dps on the ads. Our 3 ranged dps would all focus one ad based on the side of the center walkway it spawned on. Once that single ad was down, our sorc would go back to the boss while the other 2 finished the last ad. Obviously this strategy is much more difficult if you only have 2 ranged dps.

Focusing a single target should help your tank with aggro. Guard the ranged if necessary but we usually didn't have too much aggro trouble.

If you're losing your isotope you probably aren't interrupting the small droids channel in time. It knocks off the debuff. If dps interrupt one you should be able to get the other, at least when they first spawn. You can survive the small droids without the debuff, the important thing is to have it when you tank the big guy.

Since the enrage is fairly tight on hardmode, we only used 1 DPS + 1 offtank on the adds. Offtank tend to be Powertech or Assassin to hold aggro better. Are you having trouble killing the adds with just one DPS?

Since the enrage is fairly tight on hardmode, we only used 1 DPS + 1 offtank on the adds. Offtank tend to be Powertech or Assassin to hold aggro better. Are you having trouble killing the adds with just one DPS?

OP posted my question since the website was giving me issues last night.

I am a Powertech Tank.

We only got a couple attempts in till we moved on to HM TFB, but I would try to charge in with an AOE taunt, use flamethrower and try to keep aggro on both droids. We had 2 dps hitting both droids but I just for the life of me couldn't hold both.

It would make sense to just focus fire one down so I could just use some AOE abilities to hold both without the worry of another dps focus firing another and pulling off.

The DPS that was helping me was only in Half dread/black market so I think we need to gear a bit more. We were way too slow.

So to clarify have only 1 or 2 DPS on the back adds with me with both of us focus firing one and me holding aggro of both? With the DPS using his interrupt for the second add when he casts it?

Edited by greatmilenk

have your 2rdps interupt when they land unless you are a jugg tank and can saber reflect them...then both rdps should focus down 1 at a time. If your rdps arent terrible they should be able to kill the first droid before the droids start their cast again then just interupt the 2nd and burn him down. Should get about 10-12s to dps the boss as well before laser shield goes up. Edited by Ansalem

Thank you all for your responses, we'll be working on this again this next week when we have a little more gear....Strange that TFB HM seems to be a faceroll....

TFB is alot more easier than S&V and Golden Fury for the most part. It is a good place to gear up if you having trouble.

TFB is alot more easier than S&V and Golden Fury for the most part. It is a good place to gear up if you having trouble.

So they did a poor job scaling TFB? We honestly thought we were doing story mode until we downed the first boss. As for S&V and Golden Fury, what type of numbers do you recommend for entry level to the hm's?

So they did a poor job scaling TFB? We honestly thought we were doing story mode until we downed the first boss. As for S&V and Golden Fury, what type of numbers do you recommend for entry level to the hm's?

If you can do TFB HM, you can do the first 6 bosses in S&V.

If you cleared all content already, would you say that content for starting raids is a tad lackluster? I feel that with most of our group comp consisting of 66's, that HM shouldn't of been a face roll. In addition is the enrage timer close to NiM Pilgram in the sense that DPS must be geared to advance at current content?

If you cleared all content already, would you say that content for starting raids is a tad lackluster? I feel that with most of our group comp consisting of 66's, that HM shouldn't of been a face roll. In addition is the enrage timer close to NiM Pilgram in the sense that DPS must be geared to advance at current content?

The enrage timer for Styrak is strict, at least relative to the rest of the instance.

While SWTOR content has never been particularly difficult, I do think this tier should not have been so easy in pre-existing gear. The fact that you can faceroll it in 63s (apart from Styrak and Golden Fury, which are still only a DPS check and require very little from tanks or healers) is a little disappointing.

Edited by Aurojiin

Didn't both reading the other posts, so sorry if this had been said.

On 16man Hard, our guild was initially having 2 ranged dps on the adds, with me tanking, but due to agro not being held (it is tough, for me atleast) we switched to having two sentinels on the adds, one using debuff and having an add to himself, and the other on the add I was tanking. It worked well for us, we got the boss to 33% but due to an accident with a sent. not being able to get out of the laser in time, we wiped.

HM TfB seemed to be undertuned to me.

When 2.0 dropped, a handful of my guild went into TfB just to see what it was like. Most everyone was in 63 gear with a few Black Market pieces from HM FPs. Each encounter was remarkably easy, even with sloppy pulls and mistakes. We one shot all the bosses until The Terror, where we finally had to sit up and pay attention.

HM SV was another story entirely. I'm sure this largely due to unfamiliarity with the mechanics, but it really seems to me that HM TfB could use a boost in terms of difficulty to being it up to par with S&V.