Introducing Parsec - a new raid aware real time combat log parser

Any way that Force Armor can be appended to sage's healing stats? It would be useful to see how much HP was saved/healed by a sage.

Unfortunately there is no way to differentiate damage absorbed by force armor from any other absorbing effect such as Blade Barrier. The "absorbed" stat on the Damage taken tab indicates damage that was absorbed via these abilities. The best I could offer on the heal tab would be a count of force armors that you cast.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DPS in Statistic Overview is a must, HPS for healers 2, TPS for tanks, maybe U can add option to chose it?

I need DPS in tank 2 so let us chose what we need moust ;)

I'm not sure what you are looking for here but the statistic overview pop out contains everything you are looking for:

Combat Length,

Total Damage Dealt,

DPS Out,

Healing Done,

HPS Out,

Effective Heal Percent,

EHPS Out,

Total Damage Taken,

DPS In,

Total Healing Received,

HPS In,

Total Threat,

TPS

I ran this tonight in our progression HM SNV raid and we are very thrilled with the intricacies that you threw into the parser. There were just a few things we noticed as far as bugs:

parser starts over after Olok The Shadow disappears the first time

parser starts over after the dread guard ads die before the kell dragon on styrak

heals are counted on CCs that are active out of combat i.e concussion missle, whirlwind, etc. for example, if our merc dps CC'd an ad, the ad is healed for 4.3k every few seconds and it counts as heals on the parse though, he never healed anyone in the raid.

Interesting... This does not occur for anyone in our raid groups. Were you dropping out of combat using a stealth ability or something? This would cause a combat end event and a combat start event in the log, resulting in a new "fight".

Please keep an eye on this and if it continues to occur feel free to submit a bug report online or shoot the support email address (found in the help window of the app) a message with your log attached!

We used this tonight and only a bit of a complaint regarding raid:

When you join a group, it is not very clear that you successfully joined. There should probably be a confirmation like successfully joining or something.

On top of that, it would be nice if everyone could a list of who is in the group. With the admin being able to kick from group

I also did not see a way for an admin to log in on another instance of the program (for example if you got a new computer)

It is true that Admin Groups is not a robust member-group solution. But this is by design. A group does not consist of a defined set of members, instead it is just a group of connected raiders. Kicking someone out would require a more robust account setup and storage which I am staying away from. If you have a problem member you can simply delete the group and create a new one.

As for "Admin" of a group from another machine, any admin activity for a group that does not have an Admin Password saved will prompt you for the admin password. This allows you to "admin" a group from any machine.

I have noted your feedback on the request for a successfully joined message and for the list of people raiding. Note that if the Raid Light is green and the buttons says "Raiding" then you are connected. Also, once combat begins you can see a list of users in combat on the raid tab. I realize this does not entirely meet the need you expressed but its close. I may include some sort of raid user list in the future.

Really well done, I like your parse and the combat log function is really nice, didn't test it with raids though, will do it later.

But pretty much it's what I've been missing from parsers ever since MoniTOR was discontinued is a full log for all your group members instead of just you, don't know if your parser offers this but if it doesnt you should think about adding this, it really helps troubleshooting in raids for example if a tank dies you can then look at the logs and see if he didn't take any heals or if he was actually one-shoted, you check if someone forgot to cleanse a dot that they should, if a dps neglected a mechanic and took unnecessary damage and that kind of stuff.

Also one thing that I always wanted on parsers was a pop-out that would detect from the log which boss you are fighting and what difficulty (even if you have to input this) and then as soon as you start the battle if would show you how long till enrage (again, even if you have to input the enrage timer). Also going a step further you could even create a timer profile for mechanics that occour with time or boss health so that for DG fight for example the overlay would say something like "Heirad lightning field in 3:00" and then keep counting till it reaches zero, and then the timer starts for the next one till heirad dies and then it becomes a timer for doom, and then mark for death from kelsara and force-leech... I think you get what I'm saying, same thing for mechanics tied to boss health, it would show dmg till mechanic or something like that. There is an app for custom timers on my razer keyboard but something reading your combat logs would be much better not only because it could work for boss health-tied mechanics but also would know when to start and stop timers automatically. Anyway, just an idea, keep up the good work.

Edited by Yngow

Unfortunately there is no way to differentiate damage absorbed by force armor from any other absorbing effect such as Blade Barrier. The "absorbed" stat on the Damage taken tab indicates damage that was absorbed via these abilities. The best I could offer on the heal tab would be a count of force armors that you cast.

That would be great. Afaik Static Barrier / Force Armor absorbs a "set" amount of damage. The min-maxers can just multiply that by their Force armor count (?) and say.. add that to their total healing done for comparison.

Edited by paowee

Interesting... This does not occur for anyone in our raid groups. Were you dropping out of combat using a stealth ability or something? This would cause a combat end event and a combat start event in the log, resulting in a new "fight".

Please keep an eye on this and if it continues to occur feel free to submit a bug report online or shoot the support email address (found in the help window of the app) a message with your log attached!

Nope, it happened for the 5 people trying it out and none are stealth. But we'll be using it more because we like it so much so I'll let you know! :)

Very nice work, look forward to trying this out in raid. I really like the filters on the log, and the clear markings on the popouts for resizing. And stylistically, it looks great!

I do have a few suggestions:

1. Raid setup could be simpler. The restriction of only alphanumeric characters for raid name seems unnecessary. Spaces and other common characters [-,.:;@] should be allowed there.

But really what I would like is a button to "Create Raid" that generates a random raid key (say 6 alphanumeric characters) that I can share with the rest of the team. The password to join or delete the group should be optional. When joining a raid, you can have an option to attach a description of the group that is stored locally, in case someone actually wants to parse in more than one raid group.

2. I haven't seen the other popouts, but for the Statistics Overview, I'd rather not have every line spelled out:

Combat Time -> Time

Damage Dealt -> Dmg/DPS

Healing Done -> Heals/HPS

Effective Healing -> Eff Heal

Damage Taken -> You Suck (or maybe Dmg Taken)

Healing Received -> You Fail (or maybe Heal Recd)

Threat -> Threat/TPS

3. Some on/off customization of the Stats popout for what to display there would be nice. For example, I find Threat/TPS to be useless for most fights as DPS, because it doesn't distinguish mobs. It has yet to tell me anything useful as in "you should threat dump now". I can see it for tanks that are trying to maximize their TPS, but for most other classes, it's pointless. So having an option to turn it off would be nice.

Conversely, my slinger's DPS is very tightly correlated to my actions-per-minute (APM), so being able to show APM would be great.

Spent some time parsing on the dummy with the program, looks great, feels solid, appears to be just as accurate as it's competitors, and I LOVE the fact that I don't have upteen billion windows to alt-tab through and try keep on top (TorpArse).

However, I am curious about the possibility of the abilities to,

One: be able to clip a parse within the combat log section to specific time increments.

Two: to upload, with a button in-program because some of my guildies are lazy, to a socially accessible site for submission and review for DPS/HPS/Progression Leaderboards.

Three: to have a list of users currently connected to a Raid Group, either through another tab, through a pop-out, or both, to make sure that everyone is connected properly prior to the pull.

Even without these three things, I am very, very excited to test and use this program, and hope to see the power of open source crush all competition!

Edited by OmniNeWb

Three: to have a list of users currently connected to a Raid Group, either through another tab, through a pop-out, or both, to make sure that everyone is connected properly prior to the pull.

Would love this feature. I complain about this every op night.

That would be great. Afaik Static Barrier / Force Armor absorbs a "set" amount of damage. The min-maxers can just multiply that by their Force armor count (?) and say.. add that to their total healing done for comparison.

Well it isnt really a set amount. Assuming you have +10% from the tk tree, then your formula is something close to (healing bonus) * 3.6 + 2015 (assuming rank 6). And of course then you are also assuming it is full used each cast, which is not always the case. This also changes during the fight based upon factors such as, did my serendipitous assault relic proc ? or am I currently using a Triage adrenal (or even attack adrenal since the healing penalty does not apply to the amount absorbed by force armor) which increase the amount absorbed ? So even if you tracked everything, there would be a ton of extra communications and calculations required to add in "total absorbed" per player source and have it be accurate enough to be relevant.

Edited by Terrulin

Suggestions from my guild:

If there is anyway to remove/ignore exit combats with stealth that would be wonderful, don't know if it's possible. I know you can manually remove them from combat logs and then upload them to torparse.

Percentage of time there is a armor debuff on target in group raids (again not sure if possible).

You could possibly calculate the absorb by regression using other heals (which gives you the healing power) and character level. There would be a margin of error correlating with the number of heals and not all absorb shields might be fully depleted, although at least for nightmare operations this is generally unlikely.

At least for juggernaut tanks this would work great since the barriers have a static value and at least the Sonic Barrier is almost always used entierly.

It could still be used as a tool for meter padding by placing bubbles on every raid member whether there's group damage or not.

If there is anyway to remove/ignore exit combats with stealth that would be wonderful, don't know if it's possible. I know you can manually remove them from combat logs and then upload them to torparse.

Percentage of time there is a armor debuff on target in group raids (again not sure if possible).

or even better, a tab just for uptime of debuffs, buffs and dots

does this parser come built in with a feature that tells sorc dps to l2p and to heal to full in pvp? Also does it compensate for the VG and PTs perception problem that they suffer from? Just need to know if it will tell me to wait for that last 30% for burnout to kick in and close that dps gap to the other classes like the devs said in their answers to class reps yesterday.

Am I just blind or is there no way to upload logs? As a raid leader I like to go back after a raid night and look at where I need to adjust dps for balancing.

Can you not go to torparse.com and upload it there ?

They would have to release a way for other parsers to connect for a feature like that to work.

uploading would be nice but if not possible saving the full ops log on your computer so you can check it later would be cool

You do not have the full operations log =)

You have your full log, and you have communicated totals. Fully transmitting everyone's complete log while running would require a obscene increase in the amount of bandwidth used.

Have everyone upload a group log on torparse if you need everything.

Am I just blind or is there no way to upload logs? As a raid leader I like to go back after a raid night and look at where I need to adjust dps for balancing.

You are not blind. Currently, there is no online hosting of log data. I am looking into this functionality but data hosting is an expensive proposition. Accessing the Raid Data (not full logs) is definitely on my list, as it is been requested often.

I am not sure if it helps but you can load your own previous logs using the tool, however, raid data is not available when doing this.

Edited by Docmal

You could possibly calculate the absorb by regression using other heals (which gives you the healing power) and character level. There would be a margin of error correlating with the number of heals and not all absorb shields might be fully depleted, although at least for nightmare operations this is generally unlikely.

At least for juggernaut tanks this would work great since the barriers have a static value and at least the Sonic Barrier is almost always used entierly.

It could still be used as a tool for meter padding by placing bubbles on every raid member whether there's group damage or not.

My recommendation (if he doesnt see this i will tell him at our next op) would be to just have a metric for amount absorbed by each raid memeber. Whether that is blade barrier, force armor, diversion, energy redoubt, etc. It could conceivably go under a number of different sections, perhaps even have its own and and a break down of the source by ability (since that would be way easier than caster in the case of force armor). Then there could at least be something.

I am currently looking into this feature. I can't promise anything because SWTOR combat logs are notorious about abilities being out of order. I am not confident that I can count on the order of the enter stealth and exit combat events, which would be important in any solution to this problem.

Spent some time parsing on the dummy with the program, looks great, feels solid, appears to be just as accurate as it's competitors, and I LOVE the fact that I don't have upteen billion windows to alt-tab through and try keep on top (TorpArse).

However, I am curious about the possibility of the abilities to,

One: be able to clip a parse within the combat log section to specific time increments.

Two: to upload, with a button in-program because some of my guildies are lazy, to a socially accessible site for submission and review for DPS/HPS/Progression Leaderboards.

Even without these three things, I am very, very excited to test and use this program, and hope to see the power of open source crush all competition!

1) Try the PVP Stat Stopwatch pop out! Its purpose is to begin tracking combat statistics from the time the start button is clicked to when it is stopped - giving you running totals across combat events. I should really rename this since it is not just usefull for PVP

2) I would love to integrate with existing services such as TorParse. I am not sure how open their service is/will be though.

3) This feature was in development before release and was not ready, however, it is included in the update I published today! The user list is updated in combat, and every ~30 seconds outside of combat. Also there is a button to refresh the list manually