Marauder PvP Running spec 24/0/17

Hodgeyman

So, I've been toying around with a spec the last few weeks.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bIbRrorbZZGr0rkM.1

The key highlights are having Ferocity and Relentless Fury. As long as you are near three of your four party members, you can maintain a 100% uptime of an 80% run speed boost. I also picked out a lot of utility talents, since the main focus isn't damage. This spec works amazingly well running with a premade warzone group.

The best possible combo is to run with an Advanced-Prototype powertech. They have a talented 15% run speed as well as knockback/slow-immunity cooldown. Given how often I get Huttball these days, this spec is hands down amazing for objective based play. I plan to play this come rated season.

The damage is medicore at best, typically the rotation follows annihilate spec, but more vicious slash spamming inbetween.

So, I've been toying around with a spec the last few weeks.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bIbRrorbZZGr0rkM.1

The key highlights are having Ferocity and Relentless Fury. As long as you are near three of your four party members, you can maintain a 100% uptime of an 80% run speed boost. I also picked out a lot of utility talents, since the main focus isn't damage. This spec works amazingly well running with a premade warzone group.

The best possible combo is to run with an Advanced-Prototype powertech. They have a talented 15% run speed as well as knockback/slow-immunity cooldown. Given how often I get Huttball these days, this spec is hands down amazing for objective based play. I plan to play this come rated season.

The damage is medicore at best, typically the rotation follows annihilate spec, but more vicious slash spamming inbetween.

This is the coolest spec idea ive ever seen for marauder, can i have your babies? I hope i never see anyone else using it lol

Edited by lolcthulhu

Have you tried swaping out phantom for dominate? It may boost your damage some.

Hmm i don't think that would be a good idea, considering that you sit on 25-35% crit chance and don't forget that a smash without shockwave, dark resonance and shii-cho mastery hits like a weet noodle

Being able to walk through fire is much better ;)

Edited by Valeruh

Its actually very good for use in a premade on Hutball, one of the other mauraders and myself tried it a few time a while ago.

Damage is indeed down and the loss of Beserk isnt fun, the whole team is like perma moving like crazy with two marauders most folks are getting the speed buff always.

adds something to your Hutball premade for sure, goal fest!!

interesting build. ya you don't really need much damage in huttball, except it is really nice for burning down ball carriers and healers. but I suppose if you have another guy doing the dps you can get away with not having annihilate. i tend to use sweeping slash constantly as 1 battering assault almost gives you enough fury for another predation

all i pretty much do is grind warzones and having a good build for huttball is valuable if you're imperial on an imba server

Edited by HBninjaX

Another point to add to this way of approaching Hutball or maybe other WZ's too.

The speed buff is for all, mobile healers love it or at least the ones in our group do :) Helps them to keep out of harms way.

Although damage is down its not the end of the world bad, if your a team focussed player its worth trying a couple of times just for a giggle.

I dont use the run spec to often but its a change now and again.

Looks allot like this sent spec I saw posted in the JK forum a couple days ago. Can't find the thread I saw it in, but thankfully I saved the build.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501bIbRrorZMZrr0rdM.1

Also, check the "speedbreaker" build in this thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=331489

So, it would seem the enemy knows too. ;)

I guess I should've made a big separate post in all caps stating that this spec is no fun for non-premade pvp.

I rarely queue solo, haven't since I hit 60+.

As for the damage, it really isn't as bad as it seems. I am typically #2 or #3 in overall warzone damage. Of course its all skill based, not trying to say I'm better than others, this spec does take time to get used to.

The spec is viable for Civil War as well. In playing with bad teams (don't you just get them all the time?) its nice to be able to team carry with a group of 4 running around defending. The 10% defense is a small boon too, for voidstar defense. The only time I feel pathetic and useless is voidstar offense.

I'm back Rage now, but it was a refreshing feel, and I will probably switch to this for rated. Run speed to me will always be the PvP king.