Tauntaun Mystery [SOLVED]

Jenemi

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It says in the OP there is one for just being subscribed? I have been here since launch and I have a lvl 34 legacy, I didn't get a pet, was it supposed to be in our in-game mail or something?

Thats for a different Pet but in the notes about it on the SWTOR website it states on the 24th is when this happens.

It says in the OP there is one for just being subscribed? I have been here since launch and I have a lvl 34 legacy, I didn't get a pet, was it supposed to be in our in-game mail or something?

The free pet is not in game yet. It gets released on the 24th. You should have receieved an email about it but if you chose not to receive marketing email from SWTOR, you did not get sent the email. If eleigible, you will get it from in game mail.

Edited by Owsley

I am 400 Biochem and yes, I was startled as well when I saw the "No Research Available" message.

Only the original drop will have a research chance. Any crafted jerky should have a 'no research available' message.

Edited by JovethGonzalez

Due to a weird issue where people can not read the first 5 posts, I'm quoting my post for them :) Sorry for those who can see it though :( As an important note, I can not promise this will be kept updated like the first post.

If you would like to subscribe to this thread, please click here! Thank you!

Since there is already a topic about the Orobird, I figured there should be a topic to discuss how to get the Tauntauns. The first Taunlet was gotten by Boisha. You can find the post from page 117 onward in the old thread. If you'd like to talk about something besides Orobirds or Tauntauns, this is the thread for any other pet discussion/theories.

Current Ways to get Tauntauns:

Taunta - Buy from Collector's Edition Vendor for 200K

Taun Fawn - Redeem special code from PAX East

Legacy Tauntaun Ram Pet - Given to all users who were active subscribers as of April 12th, 2012 at 12PM EST.

Taunling - Exotic Animal Crate drops from Gargath on Hoth.

Taunlet - The Hoth Mission Pet. PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR INFORMATION.

Smelly - Still not in game, most likely at this point.

Are you interested in Taunlet? Probably if you're here as it's the one the community has been trying to figure out for ages. If you'd like to figure it out yourself:

Hints:

-You need the Jerky Buff to see it

-You need to be quick to capture it with the NVSCSS (and thus, need the NVSCSS)

-It IS found on Hoth.

-You can be on your speeder.

-It is NOT A CAVE, but is a dead end (and you have to go inside of it)

-THERE IS NOTHING YOU HAVE TO KILL. (well, maybe stuff on the way, but nothing so it shows up or in the area)

FOR SPECIFIC COORDINATES, CLICK THE SPOILER BELOW:

X:834, Y: 759

ICE SCRABBLER JERKY SCHEMATIC (Or actual Ice Scrabbler Jerky) DROPPED BY:

-Drops from HM Kaon Under Siege final boss.

-Snowblind (Hoth World Boss) - Also drops Jerky itself.

-Gargath also drops the schematic

You can also get the schematic from Reverse Engineering the Jerky itself, but only from Jerky that is dropped by mobs. You can not RE Jerky crafted by others.

THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE WILL MAKE YOU JERKY:

REPUBLIC

Death Wind Corridor: Saten

Fatman: Boisha

Prophecy of the Five: Duncann

Sword of Ajunta Pall: Aino, Caecilius

EMPIRE

T3-M4: Cyclonit

Fatman: Sefen

Hanharr: Vladmaul

Hidden Beks: Ganis

Saber of Exar Kun: Baal

FACTION NOT SPECIFIED

Master Dar'Nala: Zibbeth

OTHER STUFF:

-NVSCCS is sold by the vendor who sells the grapple gun on Alderaan.

-You can find an Ice Ferns at X:-3085, Y:-1756, X:897, Y:799, and X:-2823, Y:193. Anyone can grab it.

-Liver is dropped from pretty much everything.

Edited by Jenemi

Yay! Killed Gargath for the 6th time and it dropped! (:

Felt so euphoric when it did, had to beat my roommate for the roll though haha, glad when i rolled an 80.

I can make the jerky for republic on Tarro Blood

Edited by JPYAGAMI