Bodytype 3 cant acess datacron on Alderaan?

Leofric

There are several threads on this datacron and there is a way to get through without dying.

1) Put on autorun hold down the right mouse button to steer into the cracked door.

2) With your left hand use your thumb to jump repeated while using your middle finger to spam the p button (skills panel) repeatedly.

This will cause you to lag glitch through the door. Enjoy.

This worked for me. I found looking towards the ground was also a help with your directions.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An easier way is to get a smaller bodytype to run inside.

Now remove your gear and get killed by mobs by the door.

Get the other guy to rez you from as far back as possible from the inside.

Accept revive.

bang ur inside

Instead of considering it a bug, it would be interesting to spread the datacrons around maps/planets, and making some available to some body types, and some others for the rest.

Ofc there would be the same number of datacrons for each body type, just would be more fun if you have to explore different places depending the body type you choose.

? no that would cause lots of fusteration it is a big *facepalm

Thanks for the awesome tip! I had trouble at first but as soon as I zoomed in POV-style, it glitched through instantly.

Ok, just got it. Zoomed in, facing ground, autorun, jump repeatedly while pressing both P and I.

I think the real trick is to do whatever it takes to lag into the single digits. Using P alone I'd get to the mid 20's, B gave me mid teens, P and I did the trick. Once I saw my framerate at 6 FPS, I was through.

There are several threads on this datacron and there is a way to get through without dying.

1) Put on autorun hold down the right mouse button to steer into the cracked door.

2) With your left hand use your thumb to jump repeated while using your middle finger to spam the p button (skills panel) repeatedly.

Worked great for me (although I also zoomed in my POV and spammed I as well as P). Glitched through after just a few seconds.

The door is still bugged, and I can confirm I had to resort to this glitch today. I found that opening the inventory while jumping created more lag and was enough to get me through, though in total it took me about 10 minutes of spamming the keys.

As for why it should be fixed - that's easy. Yes, some datacrons require multiple people, but this one doesn't, unless you play a male type 3 or 4 character. Let's have a look at the character creation screen again, please show me the tooltip warning that selecting a type 3 or 4 will burden you with extra penalties without conferring any advantage. Or is anyone trying to claim that type 3s and 4s are for those who want to play the game on a higher difficulty setting that requires skill in getting the game to glitch?

This is clearly an unintended issue that Bioware has known about for a long time and could be solved by simply moving a couple of vertices in the geometry hit boxes.

Has anybody checked this for 2.1 on PTS?

Oh PLEASE tell me it's fixed there.

BTW, spent 10 minutes trying the jump/crew skill trick on one of my guys and it didn't work. (It DID work on another one though). Luckily someone came by and /dueled me and I was able to Storm to them.

Thanks for the advice and I'll try the multiple things (crew skills and inventory) trick when I get to Corellia if I run into the same issue :)

• 2 months later...
Dont really wanna necro old post - but has this been fixed? And the corellia one.

No, they require the group thing. if you youtube it, theres some dodgy tactics to getting them. I know alot of people want to solo them, but at this point I don't think they will change it.

they both have a fairly easy way of getting them at body type 3 though, just need a friendly pull

No, they require the group thing. if you youtube it, theres some dodgy tactics to getting them. I know alot of people want to solo them, but at this point I don't think they will change it.

they both have a fairly easy way of getting them at body type 3 though, just need a friendly pull

Really? Last I heard the Alderan one had been changed.

As for Corellia, I know that one has been changed so that you have to use a completely different method(likely the originally intended method) which is not body type restricted.

As for Corellia, I know that one has been changed so that you have to use a completely different method(likely the originally intended method) which is not body type restricted.

Yes I believe alderaan has been changed as a week or 2 ago my body size 3 went there and got through with no problem.

Oh wow, sorry didn't want to sound like I was giving out false info, i never heard anything. Thats great(even though I made my alt a lil guy just so I would never face that issue again lol)