Please allow us to space Corso Riggs

Suzume_Bachi

Agree wholeheartedly

While he is a nice enough guy, he would be better suited as a trooper companion. Or even as a Jedi Consular's compaion.

As a fem smuggler I hope that one day we get a better male companion. (or ya know a female one that we can romance, prefer that)

BTW, *** Bioware why give him a skill THAT PULLS THE ENEMIES TO YOU.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, *** Bioware why give him a skill THAT PULLS THE ENEMIES TO YOU.

Let me think....could it be because the most powerfull scoundrel atacks (blaster whip, backblast, dirty kick) have melee or short range and one of them needs you to be BEHIND the target?...

Go learn to manage companion skills. Or use companion that's good for your spec (in case you're a cover-using gunslinger).

Mind you, if the romances were all healthy and respectful people would complain they were 'boring'. So they can't win either way. At the end of the day, conflict is interesting, and they certainly have got us all talking about Corso one way or the other.

Frankly since the whole Anders ''I'd drown us both in blood to keep you safe" shenanigans of DA2 I think any in-game romance where my character doesn't feel the need for a restraining order probably counts as a win.

I've never played DA2, and more and more, I think that's probably a good thing, heh.

If folks think healthy relationships are boring, I guess that explains why at least a quarter of all relationships are abusive, and so many of them end in divorce. I don't think conflict of the sort Corso's behaviour implies is interesting, I think it's dangerous, and the fact that BioWare, like so many other sources of media, are placing Corso's controlling, invasive behaviour and benevolent sexism as some backcountry do-gooder who means well and is just trying to be a gentleman, is perpetuating a lot of harmful ideas people have about what's acceptable in a relationship. In and of itself, Corso's character re: the female pc is fairly minor frowny-face territory. Placed in context of a society where so many relationships are toxic and media continue to display dangerous behaviour as romantic, it's really bad. Corso himself is inevitably, I'm sure, a great guy, but that isn't the end result all of the time, here in reality, with guys who at the beginning display a lack of respect for boundaries and the 'good' parts of sexism.

This is coming across as a really angry post. Hmph. Not the intention. I'm not mad, I'm just explainy. :p

If folks think healthy relationships are boring

Of course not. But watching them generally is.

It would be the equivalent of watching a SW trilogy in which all differences were resolved by negotiation and compromise instead of blowing stuff up.

That too many people think what they see in media is how they are *suppose* to behave is a different issue entirely. :D

Edited by SableShadow

Dysfunctional relationships are hilarious, I can vouch for that. Though people all have different tolerance levels for it. I can see a relationship that looks perfectly functional, if somewhat antagonistic, and other people will see it as completely toxic. I do have my limits though.

But I don't know about this one. I can't decide if it's too fluffy bunnies, or if it's really toxic. It's like there's a thin veneer of fluff over some toxicity that may not turn out and out bad.

Perhaps this perspective stems partially from the fact most of my information is coming from two opposing viewpoints.

Corso himself is inevitably, I'm sure, a great guy, but that isn't the end result all of the time, here in reality, with guys who at the beginning display a lack of respect for boundaries and the 'good' parts of sexism.

Yeah, that seems to be what's going on. He does have some of the bad aspects of it too, like the pedestalling and the possessiveness, but so far he doesn't seem to have some of the disdain elements I see around, and I guess at least he doesn't really act on the possessiveness.

But it's also always there in the background... waiting... If the other elements are there, you have to wonder if the resentment and disdain will crop up. So, instantaneous rejection is the option I utilize, which I guess actually might be a self-fulfilling kinda thing, but at least it avoids all the hurt and betrayal that comes later, when people actually start caring. I like things simple and upfront.

• 10 months later...

Ugh. So, I know this thread is a bit dead, but I wanted to rant a little.

I really, REALLY hate Corso. He's nice, yes, but I *********** HATE that if I have him out when I have a flirt option rise, he gets all mopey and jealous and all "I-I have to leave." or "I-I can't watch this." (though it's brought me some measure of glee cause i like to **** with him occasionally with that).

Thing is though, I went in wanting to like him. In fact, I did at first. Sure, I frowned at his "You killed a(n unarmed) woman!!" crap, especially since, "Hello? She tried to kill me!!" But I gave him a chance up until the end of Alderaan. That was where I said **** it and re-rolled her because I HATED his thing over feeling uneasy letting two women put their lives in danger to help someone. That *********** pissed me off.

I haven't used him since and I luckily missed the "put my foot down" thing (i think. was that on Balmorra? or is it later?) since I had Risha, then Akaavi out.

But his constant annoyed, jealous remarks have gotten to me so much. It's even worse when she flirts with Darmas. I haven't finished the story yet, but I know some of the end story spoilers, but either way, I like that NPC and Awryn is getting REAL TIRED of Corso's ********, especially where Darmas is concerned.

If they EVER bring back the option to kill/dismiss companions permanently, he's the first to go.

I love Corso!

Use him as often as I can unless I need another mate for a particular mission.

I'm a guy and he's a total bro. I haven't even bothered romancing Risha or Spar since they would ruin the friendship.

Doesn't get in my way when scoring with the ladies, always willing to take a bullet for me, keeps me on the straight and narrow. Makes sure I don't turn into some cold hardhearted killer like Skavak.

Brethren before Wenches!

Edited by Shadojack
Edited for poor taste of tag line.

I love Corso!

Use him as often as I can unless I need another mate for a particular mission.

I'm a guy and he's a total bro. I haven't even bothered romancing Risha or Spar since they would ruin the friendship.

Doesn't get in my way when scoring with the ladies, always willing to take a bullet for me, keeps me on the straight and narrow. Makes sure I don't turn into some cold hardhearted killer like Skavak.

Bro's before Hoe's!

That's another reason I so dislike him. He doesn't criticize you for romancing the ladies. He roots for you!! But if my flirty smuggler does? He's a jealous *** who can get the **** over himself. But he justifies his jealousy by saying your a "lady," implying other women are beneath you and that if you do that, you're demeaning yourself.

**** that ****.

That's another reason I so dislike him. He doesn't criticize you for romancing the ladies. He roots for you!! But if my flirty smuggler does? He's a jealous *** who can get the **** over himself. But he justifies his jealousy by saying your a "lady," implying other women are beneath you and that if you do that, you're demeaning yourself.

**** that ****.

That's cause he's got a crush on you and you know it. He loves you and is torn since you only use him for taking bullets and moving furniture. To use a comparison which I think we all know, no matter how much it may sicken us, he's the Jacob Black of companions.

I just rolled a smuggler and got annoyed with him right away. Wait till I get Bowdar, going to get the Wookie to rip both arms off. Then grab a thermal detonator, go all Man on Fire on him, eject him into space and watch the pretty fireworks. How can Corso be such a boyscout, when he is working for the likes of Skaavik, Rogun the Butcher etc.. Corso Riggs "I got a permission slip off my mommy I am not allowed to do bad things, shoot women etc.."

It is the same with where are my meds living in la la land Mako. She should be the one, with the shock collar, not Vette. Shame she is the only healer companion you get. Torian, Gault, and Blizz are great fun. Only use Skadge to send mobs hurtling to their deaths off cliffs for giggles. Also when I need to use excessive amounts of violence. Skadge SMASH!

I had a good little laugh reading the original post, and I completely agree we should be able to get rid of this cry baby. I've never had a companion on any other char that I'd want to put into an escape pod and shoot into a sun besides corso. Well....maybe the ship droid but yeah that's about it. :rak_04: Edited by Bouncy_Hunter

Buuut it's so fun to have him whine when you go dark side... when you make his cousin work for you, make dark side choices on Tatooine, or kill one of Skavak's girlfriends. Only Tatooine brought about -600 affection to his relationship :p.

I wish he could just got the point and leave the ship on his own. I so miss BG/BG2 party companions that left the party, when they hated you.

Also, BW has to make one irritating party member in all their games. Imoen, sir Anomen and such :)

Everyone has a right to their opinions, but i have to disagree with all the Corso hate. Despite the fact that I can't stand rednecks in real life, I really like Corso. He seems to have a boyish, almost innocent enthusiasm for the things he does. And while I'm still pretty new to the game, he's far and away my favorite of the initial Republic companions.

Meh I actually like him, he's pretty bland I'll give you that but I found it very easy to raise affection with him. I also liked how I got affection from him everytime I sweet-talked a girl, he's a pretty swell wingman actually :D

It was a slightly weird though when he told my male smuggler that he was the best thing to ever happen to him, I really didn't know how to respond to that....

Edited by ZakMorgan

Corso isn't that bad to be fair. I got him as far as a female Smuggler to take me out for dinner and I had to close my eyes. He gave me a gun... :rak_02: Silly Corso.

But after getting Bowdaar, he has been standing in the cockpit of my ship. Now Bowdaar is really awesome. The big Wookie went climbing trees on Alderaan, while my Smuggler went climbing on something else :D

Edited by SandsOfArrakis

seriously corso needs to die horribly but i know it will never happen so i made a sith pureblood scoundrel so i could B****slap him repeatedly and so far i managed not to want to kill myself everytime he opens his mouth so i don't have to hear him talk about flashy or sgt boomboom

Is this guy WORSE than Vector? You know, we agets got a dude that likes ants ..

Well they're both pure LS guys who hate violence and love fluffy bears, the only difference is that Corso swaps an obsession with ants for a rather weird worryingly, intimate obsession with his weapons.

That being said I liked Vector and don't mind Corso too much. Both are heaps better companions that Kaliyo.