[Updated] Take Part in the next Weekend Pass

CourtneyWoods

This weekend, BioWare and LucasArts will be holding another Weekend Pass Free Trial, allowing people who are curious about Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ the opportunity to begin their own personal Star Wars™ saga free* of charge! This Weekend Pass Free Trial will begin on Thursday, April 19th at 12:01AM CDT / 5:01AM GDT and run until Monday, April 23rd at 2:00AM CDT / 7:00AM GDT.

Read More

Update: We just wanted everyone to know that the Weekend Pass has officially started! Welcome to all of our new players!

Edited by JovethGonzalez

This weekend, BioWare and LucasArts will be holding another Weekend Pass Free Trial, allowing people who are curious about Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ the opportunity to begin their own personal Star Wars™ saga free* of charge! This Weekend Pass Free Trial will begin on Thursday, April 19th at 12:01AM CDT / 5:01AM GDT and run until Monday, April 23rd at 2:00AM CDT / 7:00AM GDT.

Read More

When will this be plz.

Great! It revitalizes the game to have a new generation of players come try it out, and it's great fun to help and teach new folks. Thanks!

I agree with this entirely, it's just that on the weekend passes the kiddies stay up way later and the general level of douchery grows exponentially. I do wholeheartedly welcome any new player of any age that doesn't act like a mouthbreathing jerk to bring a good sense of humor and fun to the table and enjoy the upsides of this game.

at least open warzone chat to trial people so they arent completely useless at nodes without the possibility to call incoming enemies.

There will be more warzones then there normail are if you no what i mean.

Great. More 12 year olds clogging up everything. I'll be playing on my lvl 50's it looks like.

LOL, I can't imagine what it is like to look at the negative side of everything as a viceral reaction.

People complain about server population, they hold invite events as a marketing tool for new players, people complain about the new players....

Honestly, I sometimes feel insane when I read these boards.

And just like the 2 other times, the servers were taken down again screwing over people WHO ALREADY PAY TO PLAY--WHY WASN'T THIS DONE WHEN THE SERVERS WERE TAKEN DOWN TUESDAY? NOW I LOSE NOT 1 BUT 2 DAYS OF PLAY BECAUSE YOU PEOPLE CAN'T GRAB YOUR ARSES WITH BOTH HANDS!

I WORK 2D SHIFT AND GET HOME RIGHT WHEN THE SERVERS ARE TAKEN DOWN--I LOSE A DAY EVERY WEEK...I'M ONCE AGAIN GOING TO LOSE 2 DAYS BECAUSE OF "UNSCHEDULED MAINTENANCE" WHICH EVERYONE KNOWS IS NOTHING BUT A PATCH FOR THIS FREE WEEKEND...AGAIN WHY WASN'T THIS DONE ON TUESDAY?? WHAT INCOMPETENT NITWIT IS RUNNING THE MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE?? AND WHY DOES THIS PERSON STILL HAVE A JOB?? THIS IS COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY RIDICULOUS, THERE'S NO LOGICAL REASONABLE VALID EXCUSE FOR THIS...NONE AT ALL...SURE, THE TOS SAYS YOU CAN TAKE THE SYSTEM DOWN ANYTIME YOU WANT TO...THAT DOESN'T MEAN IT'S A GOOD IDEA NOR DOES IT MEAN IT'S THE RIGHT WAY TO DO THINGS.

AGAIN I LOSE A DAY EVERY WEEK...FOR THE 3D TIME IN NOT EVEN 2 MONTHS I'M LOSING 2 DAYS...TYSVM...IDIOTS...

Read More

Initially, I got turned off by SWTOR's graphic and art direction, I got sick of cartoony visual from playing WoW.

Then, few weeks ago, my brother suggested taking advantage of the Weekend Pass to see what it's like.

I never intended to buy the game/subscribe, but by Sunday evening, I was hooked.

Hi everyone! We just wanted everyone to know that the Weekend Pass has officially started! Welcome to all of our new players!

Welcome aboard new players! :) If you need any help hook me up on The Shadowlands server. Republic side, character names in my sig.

Hi everyone! We just wanted everyone to know that the Weekend Pass has officially started! Welcome to all of our new players!

you didnt miss anything weekend passers, ranked warzones are pushed back, and qeueing as an 8 man group is also, we got legacy and family tree but that can wait, dont waste your money when new armor means lowering the stats on existing armor so you have to get the new stuff just be be what you used to be

Initially, I got turned off by SWTOR's graphic and art direction, I got sick of cartoony visual from playing WoW.

Then, few weeks ago, my brother suggested taking advantage of the Weekend Pass to see what it's like.

I never intended to buy the game/subscribe, but by Sunday evening, I was hooked.

naw :( I felt the exact same as you too.

5 Months ago I was extremely hyped to play TERA, and I actually hated SWTOR mostly because the graphics "sucked" balls. One beautiful day I saw that SWTOR was beginning it's early access. So I bought it just for the heck out of it and was amazed by the quality of the game :D Didn't like the graphics but i adapted to it. Now, I actually like SWTOR graphics more than TERAs mainly because it has so much more charm.

Didn't regret it one bit, and I'm STOKED to see how this game will evolve. It has so much potential, it's crazy :D

And just like the 2 other times, the servers were taken down again screwing over people WHO ALREADY PAY TO PLAY--WHY WASN'T THIS DONE WHEN THE SERVERS WERE TAKEN DOWN TUESDAY? NOW I LOSE NOT 1 BUT 2 DAYS OF PLAY BECAUSE YOU PEOPLE CAN'T GRAB YOUR ARSES WITH BOTH HANDS!

I WORK 2D SHIFT AND GET HOME RIGHT WHEN THE SERVERS ARE TAKEN DOWN--I LOSE A DAY EVERY WEEK...I'M ONCE AGAIN GOING TO LOSE 2 DAYS BECAUSE OF "UNSCHEDULED MAINTENANCE" WHICH EVERYONE KNOWS IS NOTHING BUT A PATCH FOR THIS FREE WEEKEND...AGAIN WHY WASN'T THIS DONE ON TUESDAY?? WHAT INCOMPETENT NITWIT IS RUNNING THE MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE?? AND WHY DOES THIS PERSON STILL HAVE A JOB?? THIS IS COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY RIDICULOUS, THERE'S NO LOGICAL REASONABLE VALID EXCUSE FOR THIS...NONE AT ALL...SURE, THE TOS SAYS YOU CAN TAKE THE SYSTEM DOWN ANYTIME YOU WANT TO...THAT DOESN'T MEAN IT'S A GOOD IDEA NOR DOES IT MEAN IT'S THE RIGHT WAY TO DO THINGS.

AGAIN I LOSE A DAY EVERY WEEK...FOR THE 3D TIME IN NOT EVEN 2 MONTHS I'M LOSING 2 DAYS...TYSVM...IDIOTS...

Your plea or blatant unconstructive complaint for something thats not going your way, has been completely masked and labeled with a colossal tint of childish cries. Your use of caps lock is completely unnecessary and does not get your point across in a manner where someone who can make the change will react "hmm he has a point.. we will change the system for the better" despite your raging vein's opinions, BW has listened to their customers, and every single players constructive posts. Changes have been made, for the better. Patches fixed problems stated. However all of this were of the influence from constructive posts by mature individuals who know how to speak rationally. By the way you "talk" from the way you type, im suprised you have a job still to take that 1 or 2 days away from your week of gameplay.

Few suggestions

1. Learn to speak in a proper manner

2. Make constructive posts

3. Learn to control your anger, it will lengthen your life span

4. Learn the virtues that shapes the social standards of a decent person (patience)

Now if you would like some words of encouragement, here they are.

Dont give up, keep trying in a proper way to portray your point and your concerns, if you provide BW with a legitimate reason to why unschedule maintences can vastly effect individuals such as yourself and many others with the same problem, they will listen, and not only that, other people who see your post and are in the same situation will speak up. Once this happens there will be change made, Vox Populi (voice of the people)

however if your post like you did above, not only will your fellow supporters of the same situation not support you and contribute their voice, but they will stay well away from your raged post

Hope you find some solace in a new mentality

P.S. I work 50 hours a week full time as a Inventory Coordinator for a whole province, trust me, Im in the same boat

Edited by AethiusSake

There will be more warzones then there normail are if you no what i mean.

i'm afraid i don't understand you but i can speculate. you mean there will be more warzones fought during trial weekends? how does that alleviate the trialists being unable to call incoming enemies to node?

I agree with this entirely, it's just that on the weekend passes the kiddies stay up way later and the general level of douchery grows exponentially. I do wholeheartedly welcome any new player of any age that doesn't act like a mouthbreathing jerk to bring a good sense of humor and fun to the table and enjoy the upsides of this game.

Tbh, we were all kids once. :)

:D I got started playing SWTOR from the last Free Trial. :D

I too got into TOR from a free trial. A lot of people want to put down free trials, but how else are you supposed to make your buying decision? Even if this wasn't such a hard economic time, people aren't exactly willing to plonk down $60 for something they aren't sure they're going to like. This isn't like a regular game where you can read a review and be set, there are so many other variables.

Anyway, new players in the eastern timezone should come on over to the Shadow Hand server. Decent population and great players.