Dont add PvE to galactic starfighter!

The_Grand_Nagus

I think fighting NPCs in space would be lame. At least as far as other AI ships anyway.

I don't think so, as long as the existing game modes didn't go away. X-Wing and TIE Fighter were 100% PvE, and they were excellent. The problem would be making AI on the enemy ships that is compelling and interesting. Look at WoW's AV for an example of a solid pvp experience that mixes PvE and PvP.

Also, it would lower the amount of players queuing for GSF matches. So I'd be against a PvE version of GSF.

Well designed interesting game modes would greatly raise the amount of players queueing for GSF matches. It might lower the number queueing for Domination and Deathmatch, but there should still be enough to make matches pop. Right now these two maps and single game mode are this entire expansion!

Why on earth would you think it would lower participation? That's really insane and obviously wrong.

However, I do think that the GSF concept should be incorporated into some PvE environments. For example, imagine an ops boss that required some players on the team to fly ships to support other players on the ground?

That's a fine idea. My biggest worry is the opposite- something that would bait me into an ops. That would make me quit- I raid in WoW too much, I only came back for GSF!

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would actually increase the number of people quing for GSF pvp. Nobody plays GSf pvp anymore because they get destroyed. Maybe if they could play awhile in pve and get better they would be able to do a little better in pvp and would start quing again.

I think it's the other way around: PvE GSF would mean fewer people queuing up for the PvP portion because they dislike PvP in the first place.

However, I think that would ensure a longer life for GSF for more players. The few people who like PvP could keep PvPing but with very long queues, and the greater number of PvE'ers would do the PvE GSF.

They really, really need to make single queues for all servers to get around population issues, especially as people max out ships/achievements and stop playing.