More maintenance!!!

Skorzo

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon over a 4 - 6 week period we get 5 - 7 days maintenance. So we are paying for a upto 3 weeks a month for our money. what a deal we get folks!!

This one is ONLY 2hrs .. if you are "down under" then its from 5pm-7pm on Friday Night. Go out to eat have a adult beverage or three and come back to a fully rebooted server. :) It's down time for 2 hrs is pretty much the early morning for EU so most of the day the server will be up. This one is minor.

Like the guy above me said, go out drinking for a couple hours.
Do not listen to them! :mon_trap:

They plot to take advantage of your resulting drunken state to convince you to liquidate all your character's possessions and donate the credits to their charity, the Orphaned Ewok War Fund.

Do not listen to them! :mon_trap:

They plot to take advantage of your resulting drunken state to convince you to liquidate all your character's possessions and donate the credits to their charity, the Orphaned Ewok War Fund.

Moon of Endor hasn't been discovered at this point in time. The Ewoks are currently safe. :p

:D

I suppose being able to play a broken, buggy game is better than waiting a couple hours to play a working, not-buggy game.

Like the guy above me said, go out drinking for a couple hours.

Except in the case of SWTOR we will still be playing broken and buggy game after maintenance.

Except in the case of SWTOR we will still be playing broken and buggy game after maintenance.

I see you haven't played Champions Online yet.

All MMOs have bugs, in fact they're caused by players in many cases. SWTOR is still not even a year old, it's level of stability is pretty good. But it cannot get better without maintenance.

OMG!! MAINTENANCE AGAIN AFTER THE SERVERS ARE UP FOR 98 PERCENT OF THE TIME EACH MONTH!?? WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY?! WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH!!

FJKLDAJFKLDJSAKF;JDO;AJFOD;I!!!

Ges...settle down. You want this game to flourish and get fixed right? Oh wait...you want absolutely NO maintenance with a flawless game right? not gonn happen. There will always be maintenance

I reckon over a 4 - 6 week period we get 5 - 7 days maintenance. So we are paying for a upto 3 weeks a month for our money. what a deal we get folks!!

Let's not be to harsh on the op, we were all new to mmos at some point.

1maintenance every 2 weeks, including unscheduled server down a sunday time at 10pm (almost prime time) in EU. it's beginning to be really annoying.

Yeah, I can have a life, etc... And you can also have a life and stop answering posts on forum. See, stupid argument is stupid. And yeah, that's just 2cents. So, if I pay 2cent more, can I have my server down during the night, and up during the day ? Thanks !

To the folks who insist on telling all the little people to "get outside, take a shower, eat a meal, do something productive, exercise, watch some tv, or pet your cat."

I've already done those things today and i would now like play the game i pay for into the wee hours tonight.

But it seems can't due to the constant incompetence Bioware so aptly displays on a weekly basis.

But by all means, please keep defending the very people running this horse and pony show into the ground.

You r smart.

I reckon...

You "reckon"?

How long did it take you to "reckon"?

How about, instead, we use facts.

Maintenance periods are usually on Tuesdays. Maintenance periods can last up to 4 hours, sometimes more, sometimes less.

So, that's 4 maintenance periods a month.

Now, it isn't unusual for there to be more maintenance periods after a major patch, or even sometimes a minor patch.

So, let's say there have been 8 maintenance periods over the past month ( I'm not digging up the info for the exact count, but 8 seems a fair number).

Let's say each lasted 4 hours, give or take.

That's 32 hours. 32 hours out of the average of 720 hours we get per month. A day and a half, at best.

How you came up with "We're losing a week each month" is the issue here that is TRULY baffling.

But by all means, please keep defending the very people running this horse and pony show into the ground.

You r smart.

Hey, I'm enjoying the game immensely, with no problems other than the fact that I cannot take screen shots. Considering how pleased I am with the game, supporting the developers seems smart to me. Edited by HeavensAgent

Hey, I'm enjoying the game immensely, with no problems other than the fact that I cannot take screen shots. Considering how pleased I am with the game, supporting the developers seems smart to me.

It's unfortunate all these whiny kids don't understand some people are really enjoying the game and the direction in which it is going.

It's unfortunate all these whiny kids don't understand some people are really enjoying the game and the direction in which it is going.

Same old argument.....you complain with us or you are automatically against us and that makes you a bunch of "BW fanbois"

It's getting old...

I like this game.....it requires maintenance.....it is not the end of the world. We all pay for it and that is something you accepted, like it or not, when you subscribed.

Maybe this will fix he launcher so I can play for the first time in 48+ hours. *crosses lightsabers*

If you go under Program Files (x86)>Electronic Arts>BioWare>Star Wars - The Old Republic you will find an application called FixLauncher that should help.