Vorten Fett related to Boba Fett?

imatooltoo

To my knowledge, Mandalorian surnames are clan-names, and because Mandalorians tend to adopt people in their clans, sharing the same surname doesn't necessarily mean there is a relation. Far as I remember, Jango was adopted into the mandos and not born as one, meaning that Boba is probably not related to any Fetts we see in the game.

Idk if any of you Bounty Hunters caught this, but the first guy you talk to for you story quest on Taris is named Commander Vorten Fett. Is this Mandalorian Boba Fett's great great great great etc. Grandfather? He's not in the codex, so there's not a thing in the game saying it is. What's y'alls take on it?

Pic: http://imgur.com/54isu

I was wondering this to. I want to say yes. I looked up the Fett clan on wookiepedia and I found this:

An ancient Mandalorian clan, the Fett clan had been in existence since the time of the Mandalorian Wars, thousands of years before the rise of the Galactic Empire

This suggests the fett clan was around during this time. If you listen closely to Vorten's voice, it sounds a lot like Temuera Morrison (Jango fett and the clone trooper actor in the films.) Or at least the voice actor of the cartoon clone troopers.

These are the only clues I could find. Hope it helps.

If you listen closely to Vorten's voice, it sounds a lot like Temuera Morrison (Jango fett and the clone trooper actor in the films.) Or at least the voice actor of the cartoon clone troopers.

Maybe the cartoon one but not Temuera, check this and compare his voice, not close. :p

P.S. please ignore the weird edit..

• 4 years later...
Idk if any of you Bounty Hunters caught this, but the first guy you talk to for you story quest on Taris is named Commander Vorten Fett. Is this Mandalorian Boba Fett's great great great great etc. Grandfather? He's not in the codex, so there's not a thing in the game saying it is. What's y'alls take on it?

Pic: http://imgur.com/54isu

The answer is no, Jango is not related by blood to any Fett, as he was adopted as a child after his birth parents died. Therefore Jango has no blood ties to Cassus or Vorten(or any other Fett that came before him for that matter)