Community Q&A – March 16th 2012 Blog Discussion

JovethGonzalez

Extremely sad "Barbershops" are in the back burner. Good to know it's in the radar but - it's not something I'd be willing to wait more than a couple more months for - and that answer makes me think a year out or more.

The little and basic customization options available almost demand we be able to tweak them over time but. The answer at least gives me peace of mind at shelving away my Shadow. After having put up with the most boring storyline for Chapters 1 and 2 to get to level 40 I'm not gonna keep working on something I now hate to look at another 10 levels and into endgame.

They really should realize how important character re-customization (the real deal - a barbershop - not hue to chest) is for player retention. It helps form an attachment with characters whose look they refine until they're happy with them.

It really is more important than they seem to realize.

I think that they DO realize how important it is, which is why it isn't in the game yet. They don't want to just throw together some crappy barbershop and want to make one that works well and has a lot of options. Like Zoeller said, they can do six or eight smaller fixes instead of the barbershop. Even small fixes take a lot of time to develop and test (that is why we only get one or two a week). It gets pushed back because it is going to take a lot of time to make it into something that is good, worthwhile, and works well.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, pointless questions, pointless answers.

And yet again, they answer the questions of their choosing, and yet again they find it difficult give full answers. If I was taking a test, and my professor let me choose the questions I had to answer, I'd damn sure get an 'A' every time. Consistently this team seems to take the easy way out.

One more thing Georg, Mr. Principal Lead Combat Designer, do you know what is one of the biggest problems with this game? Answer: Combat design.

And what about server transfers? I'm guessing that a lot of people are more interested in that than they are in any of the other questions. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Edited by DJunior

I never want another crewskill pop-up window to hijack my UI, not in WZ's, not ANYWHERE!

From the response, it seems that outside of WZ's we will still be harassed by this menace in some capacity.

This is troubling to me.

And it seems lazy. It does not seem to me like a big thing to add. In the preferences, next to the checkbox "supress in warzones" add a checkbox "always supress".

Makes you seriously wonder who they talked to at the Guild Summit...

8 slots and complaining.,,,,

Well, people are complaining because the entire point of this game, sad to say, appears to be rolling alts. If they want everyone to roll a ton of alts for both factions on the same server, which the 1.2 legacy system strongly encourages, not being able to do so is a valid complaint.

Well, people are complaining because the entire point of this game, sad to say, appears to be rolling alts. If they want everyone to roll a ton of alts for both factions on the same server, which the 1.2 legacy system strongly encourages, not being able to do so is a valid complaint.

Not to mention all those people who already have level 50 characters and high legacy on dying servers who are no longer able to participate in end game raiding or pvp because the community is so small. In other words, people like me.

Whats the point of building a legacy if the only people on my server are me and my 7 other alts? And the only way to fix the issue or no community is for me to re-roll onto a new server in hopes that it too wont die. I've unsubbed and am waiting for someone to address the server population issue because I basically can't do anything but re-roll alts and play the solo game.

What happens when I get all my alts to level 50? I'll be so high on the legacy system and with no community on my server. Then what? Re-roll to a new server where all my hard work on those 50's no longer applies? Thanks Bioware.

I hate to say this, but if you raced ahead and made 8 characters on a single server in a brand new game... you made too many alts. :) If they'd started with 10 slots, you'd be begging for 12, if they'd started with 12 slots, you'd be demanding 16.

And if you have eight 50's already in a three month old game, explain again why it's too hard to level another character if you'd rather be on some other server?

Unfortunately, the theme-parkiness of this title gives new players zero incentive to roll on a lightly populated server. That's why you're griping about empty servers... the game isn't shrinking, it's "clumping." They need to find an antidote to clumping.

Lol, only 7 pages of "discussion". 99.9% of it is pretty much negative about the questions answered because they didn't answer anything useful. Its pretty obvious that this game is just operated and designed by complete novices. At the guild summit, one simple question showed how unorganized, thoughtless, and clueless the devs are about the game and their communication with each other. That question was the question in regards to a simple "ready check" system. The dev that answered this question didn't even know it wasn't there.

Now you could say, oh that's blowing it out of proportion. No, sorry, but when you do a job on a team, communication is an unwritten expectation and MUST be met or else you are setting your team up for failure. There are issues this game has, and there are things being fixed sometimes but I and others are happy with the game for the most part, hence why we still play. The reasons are per individual, but as i've seen a lot on forums lately, people want answers to issues like server merges, low populations, server transfers, and hell ill throw FACTION TRANSFER in there because frankly thats just as needed as the server transfer in some cases.

The absolutely horrible thought process and design of this game is easy to see from the standpoint that 85% or more of the content coming in 1.2 should have been on launch, this was just beta testing for 3 months live. MMO's always update and patch, but i'm sorry, this is just ridiculous. Even the simplest MMO's have combat logs, ready checks (still just blows my mind), guild banks, and a team that actually gets INGAME and reads general chat on fleets or populated zones like the fleet.

As we have seen, all the devs want to do is heed to the "carebear community" that rolls all day on forums instead of actually learning how to play the game/class/mechanics. They want it all a certain way cuz they hate change unless its pleases them. 90% of the useful feedback that the devs could gather is from sitting for 30mins in a fleet gchat and just watching. Just watch how and what people talk about. The forums are always nice for MMO's to have for communities, but if you want real feedback, get realist BW, who the hell wants to come make a big *** post like this and get trolled away? Answer: noone. I think i just did a better Q&A than you did.

TL;DR: Fix your dev team, its slacking to much.

Dear George. If you're going to answer a question from the Q/A please answer the entirety of it. Especially this one which is weighing heavy on ANY PLAYERS MIND that has leveled alts while waiting for 1.2 (instead of quitting the game.)

Already having 8 characters on my server...will I be forced to delete characters in order to take advantage of the Legacy system or will I be able to change race & new Legacy customization features on pre-existing characters and will there be more character slots added?

I don't know if you're naive or just choosing to act that way, but whyever would they allow the changes to be retroactive? From the company's perspective, the whole point of making the game is to make money. They make money by having lots of subscriptions. They keep lots of subscriptions by installing as many time sinks as possible. A retroactive race change would mean maybe half an hour of time invested. Having to re-level a toon means weeks of time invested. It's a no-brainer for them.

Is it particularly fair? No. But it's the reality of MMOs. If you don't like it, you have one and ONLY one recourse...unsubscribe, and give feedback as to why you did so. It's the one action available to you that will have any impact whatsoever on the company making the game. If enough people do so and say WHY they did so, it's possible that, six months or so down the line, maybe some of your suggestions might receive some attention.

Until then, there are any number of other places where you can utilize your time.

Why does Bioware make a game that encourages alts, and wait until alot of people have the server filled with alts before putting out a system(legacy) that requires empty slots to utilize?

That being the case, why werent contingencies already in place (more slots with 1.2, cross server legacies) to solve this issue when the legacy system hits live?

P.S. Why oh why dont weapons show up in the dressing room window (ctr lclick)?!?!?

This isn't suppost to be a discussion - flaming bioware, but what questions you would like answered:

1. When will we see our class story lines advance?

2. Will we see high textures for the world, not just character models.

3. Will you be introducing anything like phasing? Where what you do does effect the environment?

4. Will you introduce a feature let us display our toon as our Forum Picture?

Last, I love this game and will keep supporting you with my sub to see were you plan to go with it.

Edited by Aus_Jedi

Well, im guessing that the legacy is going account-wide one of these days with a limited ammount of slots of which you can add chars to the tree. So imma unlock stuff and play the waiting game.

Regarding the bos stuff, i really hope we will see a change of this. Perhaps gear that is merged into the interface as clickable abilities that lets you dress your characters in gear that statwise goes up along the leveling. Otherwise its going to take alot of bankspace.