Glacial Fissure and Clabburn Tundra map on Hoth

mooimachicken

• 3 weeks later...

First of all if you don't uncover these two maps fully but explore the rest of Hoth the world map will still fully uncover and these maps will remain uncovered.

To uncover the Clabburn Tundra, you need to discover the plateau on the east side. To reach it you must come in from western Highmount Ridge. The same idea applies for Glacial Fissure: the plateau on the west side needs to be discovered coming in from eastern Highmount Ridge.

Just did it. It works.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
To uncover the Clabburn Tundra, you need to discover the plateau on the east side. To reach it you must come in from western Highmount Ridge. The same idea applies for Glacial Fissure: the plateau on the west side needs to be discovered coming in from eastern Highmount Ridge.

Just did it. It works.

Just tried this and did not find a way across from Highmount Ridge, it was all cliff.

Just tried this and did not find a way across from Highmount Ridge, it was all cliff.

From memory I found a spot near the top section of the undiscovered Ridge area and just jumped up and down hugging the cliff wall and eventually the area pops and you have the map uncovered. It's the same trick I use when near opposition bases with walls, just hug the perimeter (away from the guard locations) and jump up and down until the map uncovers. Hope that helps.

You enter Clabburn Tundra from the north if you are Repubic (Travel sound from the main base) or from the south if you are Imperial. (There's a base at the edge, sorry I don't remember the name of it.)

Just to save some poor soul who finds this on Google. They aren't talking about the North Eastern plateau of Clabburn Tundra, where you go around Crescent Canyon; there's a small block of hexes in the South Eastern corner which you get by coming through Highmount Ridge, about half way down the mp on the Eastern side.

The NE plateau automatically reveals when you explore the SE part.

• 1 month later...
In Glacial Fissure may be you need to open whole the heroic area in south east part of a map. Called Molten Rift. Come to spot where Snowblind is. You need Crystal Wastes heroic area. Search for a footpath between ice columns. Lvl 55 mobs are here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
From memory I found a spot near the top section of the undiscovered Ridge area and just jumped up and down hugging the cliff wall and eventually the area pops and you have the map uncovered. It's the same trick I use when near opposition bases with walls, just hug the perimeter (away from the guard locations) and jump up and down until the map uncovers. Hope that helps.

I think I've followed to directions as best I can, however it's still not unlocking for me. Here's a screen shot of where I am:

http://blackbhalir.swtornow.com/profile/965073/pics/detail/album_id/337079#pid=2138833

I'm trying to unlock the area within the circle. I've tried going into the cave designated by the down arrow, which put me in the middle of the area but didn't unlock anything. I'm currently jumping up and down at the player location to the west of the circle, but no luck there either. That was about the closest I could get before I hit exhaustion zones on the east and north sides, and exiting back to highmount to the south. Am I not in the right place?

I think I've followed to directions as best I can, however it's still not unlocking for me. Here's a screen shot of where I am:

http://blackbhalir.swtornow.com/profile/965073/pics/detail/album_id/337079#pid=2138833

I'm trying to unlock the area within the circle. I've tried going into the cave designated by the down arrow, which put me in the middle of the area but didn't unlock anything. I'm currently jumping up and down at the player location to the west of the circle, but no luck there either. That was about the closest I could get before I hit exhaustion zones on the east and north sides, and exiting back to highmount to the south. Am I not in the right place?

Yes, you are in the wrong place. You can't get to the area in the red circle. Notice how the hexagons do not have white lines between them: that means that you cannot uncover by going into that area. (They will uncover if you uncover the rest of the map.)

You are missing two locations: one in the NE and one in the south. These are the ones you need to unlock the map. I'm 75% sure that the area in the NE is a Heroic area, so tread lightly. EDIT: As Shinimegami said, that area in the NE is a Heroic area.

Edited by Bstr

Yes, you are in the wrong place. You can't get to the area in the red circle. Notice how the hexagons do not have white lines between them: that means that you cannot uncover by going into that area. (They will uncover if you uncover the rest of the map.)

You are missing two locations: one in the NE and one in the south. These are the ones you need to unlock the map. I'm 75% sure that the area in the NE is a Heroic area, so tread lightly.

^QFT

The area in the south is a heroic area as well, additionaly snowblind (1 of the 2 world bosses on hoth) lives there.

^QFT

The area in the south is a heroic area as well, additionaly snowblind (1 of the 2 world bosses on hoth) lives there.

Unless I'm mistaken the area in the south is also a dread seed area (lvl 55) if you follow a small path (effectively between the circle path and the 3 white-outlined hexes nearest the red circle) you can make it far enough into that section to uncover it - ya just have to dodge a few angry tauntauns.

Edited by Forgettableone

• 4 weeks later...
Just to save some poor soul who finds this on Google. They aren't talking about the North Eastern plateau of Clabburn Tundra, where you go around Crescent Canyon; there's a small block of hexes in the South Eastern corner which you get by coming through Highmount Ridge, about half way down the mp on the Eastern side.

The NE plateau automatically reveals when you explore the SE part.

ThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyou :D

• 1 year later...