Can a Fully Honed Mandalorian beat a Jedi?

pawnofevil

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jango was a self-proclaimed Mandalore. There hadn't been one for centuries and, as TCW showed, the Mandalorian people changed. Also, you don't need to be born into a Mandalorian clan to become a Mandalorian. You can learn and be adopted into their traditions and Become a Mandalorian.

Jango was a self-proclaimed Mandalore. There hadn't been one for centuries and, as TCW showed, the Mandalorian people changed. Also, you don't need to be born into a Mandalorian clan to become a Mandalorian. You can learn and be adopted into their traditions and Become a Mandalorian.

Hm? Isn't it, that if the Mandalore dies the first one who gets to the body is the new Mandalore? Cause Jaster Mereel was Mandalore(Jango's adopted father) and Jango was there when he was dying thus claiming the Mandalore title. Lol you know what, thinking about that...that is sort of a stupid rule. XD

Edit: Wait nvrm, Jaster had actual chosen Jango to be his successor before his death. Hmm...shouldn't there be a rule to playing faves? I mean just because the guy is your adopted son, doesn't mean he should have played faves.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

From KotoR, it was whoever possessed Mandalore's helm would be proclaimed the new Mandalore. In SWTOR, a gladiatorial event selected the new Mandalore. However he was apparently an Imperial favorite, who was later killed by the current Mandalore in single combat (current as in SWTOR now). Generally the strongest one becomes the new Mandalore. Mandalore the Ultimate and Canderous Ordo earned their titles. Jango and Boba? Ehhh not so much.

Jango was Mandalore (leader) of the True Mandalorians (one of three factions). The other two factions are Death Watch and the Hippie-lorians. Jango was said that he wasn't a real mandalorian because the person who said that was part of Death Watch. FYI, Death Watch and the True Mandalorians were at war and always hated each other.

You don't have to be born as a mandalorian the same as your not born a Jedi or a Sith, your a force-sensitive. The original mandalorians weren't human to begin with, but now they are and the originals are extinct.

When you look at both the culture of Mandalorians and Jedi, they both are similar. You learn to fight. You learn tactics. You learn ranged combat, combat with a melee weapon, combat with your hands. You learn the history of your culture. You answer to one body of power (mandalore or the council). Both are physically fit. They both are warriors and should be treated as such.

It's to my understanding that Mandalore the Ultimate(? the guy Revan fought at the last battle) gave Revan, one of the Jedi's top duelists, a good fight. Jango Fett killed (I forget how many Jedi) at the battle of Galidraan (spelling?) where Dooku was present for the battle and would have let Jango go if it was just the two of them and no one else because of what Jango did to a bunch of jedi on the strike team. Boba Fett was leader of the Mandalorians during the Yuuzhan Vong war, his leadership kept them out of yuuzhan vong hands. Granted no jedi were involved and he may not have fought some of the alien invaders but he could have and yuuzhan vong gave the jedi a tough time in a fight.

Also when the BH becomes a Mando what clan are they in?

I hope I haven't spoiled anything for you, but you seem intrigued anyway.

After you become Grand Champion of the Great Hunt (end of Act 1) Mandalore asks you to become a Mandalorian, so that their can be a Mandalorian member in the line of living great hunt winners. You can accept or decline, I accepted and then proceeded to kick Jedi butt, again. :D

If you haven't played the BH storyline, go play it - by far one of the best story-lines out there. And the ending is just plain epic.

Mandalorians around the galaxy are well known as 'Jedi-Killers'.. Many Mandalorians have slaughtered Jedi and many Jedi have killed Mandalorians. I'd say they are probably evenly matched, even Darth Vader had a respect for Boba

Mandalorians aren't jedi killers. Theres only a few that actually hold that title as being such, and even moreso that have actual evidence of killing jedi some just have the title just because, even moreso its actually even harder to pin down who is a jedi killer or not because even some of the evidence is complete ********.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

No, or at least no in the sense that if the Jedi in question is a fully trained Knight and knows what he is doing. Against a padawan though?...Ya I could see the win for the Mando there why not? But that doesn't mean he wouldn't have trouble, a padawan is still a Jedi who is trained since a toddler in using The Force and being in CQC.

However against a fully trained Jedi Knight/Master that actually knows what they are doing in combat? No, I mean that was sort of proven with Luke and Obi-Wan against Jango/Boba.

I don't think boba or Jango are full flesh Mandolorian, they are just bounty hunters nothing special. Mandolorians are like a different species then humans they are just a humanoid form.

I don't think boba or Jango are full flesh Mandolorian, they are just bounty hunters nothing special. Mandolorians are like a different species then humans they are just a humanoid form.

They were a different species yes known as The Taung, but they became extinct and the Mandalorian culture was picked up by humans and the like. So yes...Jango/Boba are Mandalorians....infact Jango(I just remembered this) was actually Mandalore by Ep 2 and he still got his tail kicked by Obi-Wan and then killed by Windu so that just makes his defeat even sadder that the best of them couldn't tango with a Jedi Master on two accounts.

I'm going to distill this argument into the following statement.

ANYBODY can beat a jedi. Doesn't matter if it's a padawan, knight or master, or even the grandmaster. Now the LIKELIHOOD of such an outcome is slim to none, but the possibility exists.

Cause if jedi were as hard to kill and no mere person without the force could not kill jedi, Order 66 would of been flatly impossible and a bunch of clones would of never taken the jedi temple.

^ Can't be any clearer than that. Hell they could of captured or killed yoda on Kashyyykk if they'd of taken him out first before he felt the deaths of all the jedi and became suspicious.

Again no force user is invulnerable, unbeatable, invincible. They can be killed and it's proven to be shown over and over again.

They were a different species yes known as The Taung, but they became extinct and the Mandalorian culture was picked up by humans and the like. So yes...Jango/Boba are Mandalorians....infact Jango(I just remembered this) was actually Mandalore by Ep 2 and he still got his tail kicked by Obi-Wan and then killed by Windu so that just makes his defeat even sadder that the best of them couldn't tango with a Jedi Master on two accounts.

This brings up another question, did Jango/Boba train with melee combat yet? using a blaster isn't a smart move against a jedi. Usually they would use their ancient blade of a lightsaber, innercore color black, outer color white if I remember correctly.

This brings up another question, did Jango/Boba train with melee combat yet? using a blaster isn't a smart move against a jedi. Usually they would use their ancient blade of a lightsaber, innercore color black, outer color white if I remember correctly.
Indeed, like HK-47 says:

"Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

Most Mandalorians wield blasters, so killing a Jedi just got a little bit harder.

But like TalonVII said, no one is invincible. However percentage wise Jedi win 70% of the time.

Yes Jango/Boba were trained in CQC, Jango was taught by the Mandos and Boba was taught by his father of everything that he knew.

It's 99.999999999 for the Jedi. The rare occassions we see are plot necessities to keep the suspense up.

Sorry to say, but a lot of times it's plot that makes it seem like 99% in favor of the jedi. In EU were Mandos are sometimes the protagonists we can see them kill many jedi but the plot armor for our heroes in the movies make them seem far weaker than they are. Plus, Jango had already killed AT LEAST 1-2 jedi in the movie alone including a JEDI COUNCIL MEMBER! (Coleman Trebor) And we have no clue what he was doing in the battle up to the point Mace (who is toted as one of the greatest saber users of all time) dispatched him. So, honestly it's plots fault we don't see Mando bad***'s, the movies make it very clear (and they should be our basis for cannon anyway) that while jedi are powerful, they can still be defeated by non-force users.

Sorry to say, but a lot of times it's plot that makes it seem like 99% in favor of the jedi. In EU were Mandos are sometimes the protagonists we can see them kill many jedi but the plot armor for our heroes in the movies make them seem far weaker than they are. Plus, Jango had already killed AT LEAST 1-2 jedi in the movie alone including a JEDI COUNCIL MEMBER! (Coleman Trebor) And we have no clue what he was doing in the battle up to the point Mace (who is toted as one of the greatest saber users of all time) dispatched him. So, honestly it's plots fault we don't see Mando bad***'s, the movies make it very clear (and they should be our basis for cannon anyway) that while jedi are powerful, they can still be defeated by non-force users.

Jango's only Jedi kill in the movie was Coleman and that isn't really impressive, sure he was a council member but he wasn't a fighter, he was more a diplomat then anything else. He only became a council member due to his contacts around the galaxy. Not everyone on the Jedi Council is a warrior to a high degree.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Jango's only Jedi kill in the movie was Coleman and that isn't really impressive, sure he was a council member but he wasn't a fighter, he was more a diplomat then anything else.

Jango Fett was a known Jedi killer though, which was the reason why he was cloned, so the clones would be effective in killing Jedi in Order 66. He killed half a dozen Jedi whilst he was Mandalore. And he killed that rogue Jedi, Komari Vosa. Even so, he was a better than fully honed Mandalorian.

You do have a point though.

Edited by Beniboybling

So what? Jango Fett was a known Jedi killer, which was the reason why he was cloned, so the clones would be effective in killing Jedi in Order 66. He killed half a dozen Jedi whilst he was Mandalore. And he killed that rogue Jedi, Komari Vosa. Even so, he was a better than fully honed Mandalorian.

You do have a point though.

I'm speaking strictly from the movies, that was his only kill. Ya...you mean that absurd comic where he took on those Jedi bare handed? The ones who seemed to forget that they could use The Force, or the fact that their training seemed to have went completely out the window? Really think on that for a minute Beni....that comic was full of CIS/PIS...I am actually surprised its even canon with the way it was written.

He didn't really kill Vosa, Dooku did though yes Jango did fight her and beat her though he was outmatched by her Force skills and the like(though should note that Vosa was really just a padawan gone darkside). His only saving grace was his jetpack and weapons(moreso the former) though....infact he should have died before then and was actually saved by Zam.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi