Balmorra Traken 4 legacy

I've just done it.

When you turn on or off a pillar the ones that are connected to it will change their previous state.

The key is the middle pillar. What you have to do is make sure that the middle pillar is OFF and that the ones connected to it are OFF (it has 4 connections) and the other pillars are ON. This way when you turn ON the middle pillar it will automatically turn ON 5 pillars at the same time (the 4 connected and itself).

The quest reward is poor, not really worth it. You get more from a pvp match :)

I think the quest was cool, but I think the area should have been clear of enemies so that you wouldn't have to bother with those all the time, and also that you could see the status of a tower from any direction (and not just the way the console is facing)

Definitely one of the more annoying quests out there.

Basically how I did it was write it down on a piece of paper noting which 1 was on and which 1 was off.

After that my main goal was to make sure they were all off, so I could have a fresh start.

From there it's simple. Once you have all the pillars off, hit every pillar that is NOT connected to the center pillar in a clockwise rotation. After that hit the center pillar and bam. The turret is on.

The one physically attached to the gun is #1, then counter-clockwise around, with #9 being the center one (attached to the even #s)

gun (1 only)

456 (keep in mind 1,3,7,5 not connected to 9)

I can't give you exact directions to get all down, we played around with it for about 30 minutes, ended up with only #7 lit up. From there it was 1, 5, 3, 7, then 9 to get all off.

Once they are all off you hit 9 (center) then 1, 7, 3, 5 (the ones not connected to center) and that will have them all lit up.

It might help if you draw this out on a bit of paper, did wonders for my group.

Anyway, I hope that helps.

Use a pen, draw a picture and think about how you could use that middle column.

Quest is not lame, it's just a riddle (and lots of people today get frustrated by riddles, I get it, I was frustrated too :D), its problem is that the reward should be much higher (it must be worth at least a pack of cigarettes if you know what I mean).

Edited by DarkGran

There's no cookie cutter answer.

It depends on what lights are on when you get there.

Here's a java script table, use a 3x3 table and select which lights are currently on. Select Solve and use the answer shown to achieve the quest.

http://www.ueda.info.waseda.ac.jp/~n-kato/lightsout/index.html

That link worked. Took me some time to figure out which color I wanted to set for what is ON and OFF.

Thanks!

Definitely one of the more annoying quests out there.

Basically how I did it was write it down on a piece of paper noting which 1 was on and which 1 was off.

After that my main goal was to make sure they were all off, so I could have a fresh start.

From there it's simple. Once you have all the pillars off, hit every pillar that is NOT connected to the center pillar in a clockwise rotation. After that hit the center pillar and bam. The turret is on.

Forthing you're a freaking magician. I'm going to go back and give that a shot. It's funny to me to find another thread about how much this quest sucks since I just made one this afternoon. I felt very defeated and discouraged after giving the quest many hours of my time and having to give up in the end. I'll give your suggestion a shot and I'll send you 10 internets in the mail if it works.

Edit: Ok, now I can't get the f*cking lights off. /tableflip. I just realized how much I dislike this game. It feels very claustrophobic to me because of the way the camera works. The very fact that I can't pull my camera any farther than a couple feet from my character makes me feel like it's stuck in cement. This quest would be so much easier if lights stayed on and you could actually view the whole field. So many things about this game have been nagging me, and honestly, pandas are starting to look pretty good right now :S

Edited by Whatsalightsaver

Go to the options (press ESC) and click on Preferences, then Controls. In the middle of that is a "Max Camera Distance" slider. Setting it to 100 makes you look like an ant on your screen.

As for this mission, I just skipped it haha. The rewards aren't worth it.

Ok I can give an algorithm, that solves this from any state.

There are 4 corner posts (these are not connected to the center)

and there are 4 side posts ( these are connected to the center)

and there is 1 middle post.

Step 1) Switch all side posts to off.

Step 2) if middle post is on, switch it off and go back to step 1, otherwise go step 3.

Step 3) if all corner posts are on, switch middle and finish, otherwise...

Step 4) Switch all corner posts to on, go back to step 1.

I can't guarantee that this is the fastest way to solve it, but I can guarantee that it work every time. Let me know if this works for anyone.

Edited by Dinkytrinket

In fact, another easy way to do it is by only hitting a post when it is off. When you do anything, do one of these 3 steps. And you should get it.

1) turn all corner posts on

2) turn all side posts on

3) turn center on

Edited by Dinkytrinket

It's not an easy puzzle, but basically, go here:

Set the game to a 3x3 set.

Set it to two colors

Go back into the game and stand on the big turret, facing the towers. Here's an example:

X X X

X X X

X X X

--Y---

(y = the turret, ignore the dashes, its only for spacing on this board)

Now you have to look at the towers and see which ones are ON (the screens should be yellow). Depending on what you've been hitting on and off, it will be different for each player.

So here's a legend:

O = OFF

I = ON

Lets say a few towers are ON and it looks like this:

O I O

O O I

O O I

--Y---

Make a note of which towers are ON... not off - ON. Then ALT-TAB back to the Lights out Game in your browser, and set the game like that. Blue means on, Red means off. Click the edit button so you can click on a colored spot and change it.

So you'd have 3 blue squares and 6 red ones, right? After this, you hit PLAY on the game - and then hit SOLVE. you MUST hit play first, or it wont work from what the video on youtube said.

It will give you a diagram telling you how many moves you need to make on each tower. Usually, it will be a single move on a few different towers. Once you have your solution (make a drawing and write it down) ALT-TAB back into TOR, and go to the towers that the java game told you to go to, and hit them whatever amount of times the game's solution tells you to hit them.

Once that happens, the turret should self activate. After this, right near the turret in a pool of green liquid, there should be a ship. Go into the ship and access the blue part and you should complete the mission.

There's no cookie cutter answer.

It depends on what lights are on when you get there.

Here's a java script table, use a 3x3 table and select which lights are currently on. Select Solve and use the answer shown to achieve the quest.

After an hour of trying this worked like a charm

Click edit make the dots the right color for the lights that are on, hit solve

Follow the pattern it gives you in a clockwise rotation

+10 to bioware for adding the puzzle.

-10,000 for putting it in a public area.

Not only do you have other players with no clue running around hitting posts, but even if the other group understands, and (hypothetically) was willing to wait their turn, then you still have a multi-minute thumb twiddling for the second group while the first one solves it.

Bad think through.

Fully agree- the puzzle in itself is not a bad idea- but situating it in a group area is such a mistake- they should have thought about the reality of playing the game for 2 minutes.

Also- if you are going to do puzzles, let it be of the type such as in WOW -where you have to remember a relatively easy sequence (like seeing red -green- blue- yellow sequence and having to repeat it correctly). rather than such puzzle where 98.9 % of the players starting the quest, are not in fact mathematical geeks or ppl with a higher-than average spacial intelligence and therefore need an online puzzle. Telling you Bioware- it was a total HASSLE having to quit out of the game - open browser- look up puzzle solver- make drawing- go back to tell your random mate you're still at it so pls bear with me- then finding another group just changed the F*****G config on the lights.

Seriously Bioware... as far as beginners mistakes go, this was one mission which wasn't very well thought out... LEARN from the early WOW mistakes ffs

It's not an easy puzzle, but basically, go here:

Set the game to a 3x3 set.

Set it to two colors

Go back into the game and stand on the big turret, facing the towers. Here's an example:

X X X

X X X

X X X

--Y---

(y = the turret, ignore the dashes, its only for spacing on this board)

Now you have to look at the towers and see which ones are ON (the screens should be yellow). Depending on what you've been hitting on and off, it will be different for each player.

So here's a legend:

O = OFF

I = ON

Lets say a few towers are ON and it looks like this:

O I O

O O I

O O I

--Y---

Make a note of which towers are ON... not off - ON. Then ALT-TAB back to the Lights out Game in your browser, and set the game like that. Blue means on, Red means off. Click the edit button so you can click on a colored spot and change it.

So you'd have 3 blue squares and 6 red ones, right? After this, you hit PLAY on the game - and then hit SOLVE. you MUST hit play first, or it wont work from what the video on youtube said.

It will give you a diagram telling you how many moves you need to make on each tower. Usually, it will be a single move on a few different towers. Once you have your solution (make a drawing and write it down) ALT-TAB back into TOR, and go to the towers that the java game told you to go to, and hit them whatever amount of times the game's solution tells you to hit them.

Once that happens, the turret should self activate. After this, right near the turret in a pool of green liquid, there should be a ship. Go into the ship and access the blue part and you should complete the mission.

Bump for this post.

Remember blue = on, red = off.

EDIT to select which ones.

Then click PLAY, then SOLVE.

Then just select the towers listed with a 1 in any order.

+1 internets to you.

Bioware, PLEASE remove the enemies from around in... In fact... Never do a puzzle like this again.

This is so badly implemented puzzle, that i am out of words. I don't mind a challenge, but at least dont hamper me artificially. The blinking lights force you each time you switch a light, to run out, so you gain perspective what has turned on and what off. Coupled with the sheer scale of the place, this makes the process of trial and error pure hell. Thanks, no need. I have better things to do than run around and stare at blinking lights.

The puzzle may be good, but the way it is made in the game is pure fail.