Opposition players Target Icons

Blockk

6 weeks into 50 pvp and am thinking about the marking of vital opposition players

wondering what strategy people use to work out opposition classes quickly

I basically click on opposition player and inspect but seems slow

do people know class gear of the opposition player maybe ? if you have classes on each side ?

I have heard people work out and even mark players on the speeders heading into civil war ?

any help appreciated - thanks

Well combat support cylinder is a dead give away it's a healer. When it comes to IA's/Smuggles and Sages/Sorcs mostly just look for the guard. ;) Although that's not always indicative that they're a healer, but it's fairly accurate.

That and once you play a while you'll just know some dudes on sight.:cool:

I have the symbols on, the one over a toon's head. I have just memorized the symbols, with the class, and know what class I'm up against. Hope this helps:D

bingo ! of course, I turned that off in pve when it first came out - thanks, makes sense :)

Well combat support cylinder is a dead give away it's a healer. When it comes to IA's/Smuggles and Sages/Sorcs mostly just look for the guard. ;) Although that's not always indicative that they're a healer, but it's fairly accurate.

That and once you play a while you'll just know some dudes on sight.:cool:

wicked - cheers for that mate :cool:

I have all icons turned off.

While targeted I just pay attention to what they're casting, if they're casting healz .. well then ..

Just get an idea of what heals are actually 'healer spec' and which are 'shared spec'.

A sorc casting 'inervate' is a healer, a merc casting 'rapid scan' may not be.

Yeah, you can tell 'em apart by basically everything they do after a while. Plus, you always have to watch their buffs, even if you know what class they are. There's a huge difference in how you approach a Rage specc jugg vs. an Immortality one. So, if it's using lightsabers and has a lightsaber form active, you instantly know the class and spec. If it doesn't, you know the class and need to watch one or two casts to find out the spec.

Oh, I'd like to use this possibility to say that I feel sorry for merc/trooper healers in WZs. They are the ONLY healers that are identified without them even casting a heal, due to the cylinder/ammo cell buff. Good ones probably disguise themselves as arsenal or pyro at the start of the match, but still :-/