Major class changes without addressing lightsabers is a joke

Felioats

In the end, this is an MMO. It is based in the Star Wars universe, but it still has to play like an MMO. Giving a ranged class melee abilities is a problem.

A compromise would be to give Sorcs/Sages a saber throw of some sort. This seems a completely legitimate suggestion, but the devs don't appear to care at this point.

I will settle for better balance between the classes. If we get that with 1.7, I won't let the lack of saber skills bother me.

I love the idea of a saber throw. I'd be happy with it replacing Saber Strike as we don't have a ranged attack filler with no force cost, which is silly as we're a ranged class. Just sweeten it up a it with a nice burst proc on enemies with Mind Crush or Weaken Mind on them that applies the remainder of the dot immediately.

I will most willingly add my support for third saber ability. Something that makes us feel a bit more like Jedi and less like Arcane mage. Nothing big but something that looks elegant like master strike on Knight and something that connests well in animation level.

Id also add that in my opinion, double strike needs a new animation. The current one looks more like some Barbarian hacking with axe rather than Jedi with weapon from more civilised times. Maybe we could use one of knight's animations here.

Lastly. Whats with the Arcane missile (Disturbance) This could have been good to different animation using lightsaver. Maybe something like saber throw or throwing saber for, say.. 10 seconds to target and while that time you could use your melee abilities to attack from distance. Cool, yes? Plain saber throw or throwin smaller rocks from random directions much like kinetic throw. Or something else that Arcane missile :p

Or we might have a cooldown that gives life to our lightsaber to fight as our minion for some time.

Telekinetics Sage is looking more like Demonology Warlock now more than ever.

We need a minion and our lightsaber can do that :p.

Edited by Hakkology

Well, I looked a the class creation bit of the game, and for Sith Inquisitor it says:

"Where A Sith Warrior is rage, an Inquisitor is cunning. A master of force lightning and arcane arts, able to life one enemy in the air, stun another all the while attacking with lightsaber moves designed for maximum pain."

So... where are the lightsaber moves for Sorcs Bioware?

The Sith Inquisitor class (which is specifically referenced in your quotation) is made up of the Sorceror and Assassin advanced classes. And we know how much Assassins like to use their double-bladed lightsabers... :rolleyes:

Or we might have a cooldown that gives life to our lightsaber to fight as our minion for some time.

Telekinetics Sage is looking more like Demonology Warlock now more than ever.

We need a minion and our lightsaber can do that :p.

Darth Traya style

I'll just quote myself here from a post I made a while back.

... I am having a blast with my Sage.

However, I've noticed that we are missing a "ranged-no-cost-instant-ability" that we can use when forced to move or as a quick finisher for mobs at low-health (where using a force ability would be overkill in terms of Force use and damage done). Just like other hard-cast/turret ranged classes (Commando/Mercenary/Gunslinger/Sniper) get from their base class (Hammer Shots/Rapid Shots/Flurry of Bolts/Rifle Shot).

As far as I can tell, the only things we can use on the move are Weaken Mind (which does *NO* damage up front) and Project (that costs Force *and* has a 6 second cooldown).

If I have to move and Project is on cooldown I find myself doing "nothing" until I can stop again. :p

For the low-health mobs I find myself casting something (anything) but (a) 9 out of 10 times the mob dies before any of our "oh so long" cast ends or (b) I hit a mob with 90 health for 400 damage and consume a (comparatively) huge amount of Force for the damage needed. :p

Later in the thread, I came up with this:

As you know (or should :)) when we choose the Sage Advanced Class we get the following "passive" abilities: (Sorcerers get equivalent passives)

- Force Reach: Increases the range of Project, Telekinetic Throw, Mind Snap, Mind Crush and Force Slow by 20 meters. Also increases the duration of Force Lift to 60 seconds.

- Force Studies: Versed in the Force, your maximum Force is increased by 400.

- Jedi Healer: Reduces the cooldown of Revive by 100%.

What if Sages/Sorcerers also got "something" like the following:

Force Projection: Your Saber Strike now projects a flurry of 3 force projectiles at a single target up to a maximum range of 30m that deal x - y weapon damage spread across the 3 force projectiles.

It would basically "upgrade" Saber Strike. The damage (x - y) would be exactly the same as that dealt by Saber Strike, and still be weapon damage, but we would get a "ranged-no-cost-instant-ability" with no cooldown that we could use on the move and against low-health targets as a quick finisher. It would also give us a use for our saber :) as so often requested on these forums. (The same "name" could even be used for the Sith Sorceror mirror ability as they also have a "Saber Strike".)

What do you guys think?

Gamebreaking? Stupid idea (waving your saber in the air and launching projectiles might not be everyones "cup of tea")? Love it? Hate it?

Share your thoughts. :)

I would love to see this, or something like it, become a reality. :)

I agree.

If BW can't change the animations they should at least allow a toggle to keep the sabre sheathed until you use a melee attack.

I didn't continue with my safe simply because I thought it was silly that my lightsaber ignited whenever I caster a ranged attack yet I never used it for anything.