Melee class low rotation

MoonTearz

Morning Everyone!

Here I am today, asking if you guys can point me to a melee imperial class with a small amount of keys to hammer on, but many utilities.

I currently have an Operative maxed, but need something more.. "in your face" kind of guy.

Tried the Mara to 40, but it's just way too much to focus on. Riposte, rage, scream, bleeds... I only watch my hotbar to see if the procs activate and if I can spam rage skills... all while hoping that Quinn heals me enough.

Also got a SIn to 35 or so, love the burst damage, but would like a bit more survivability.

Any suggestions? What class and why?

Thanks!

Deception assassin is fairly low maintenance, you have volt slash (thrash), discharge, shock, maul, and assassinate. You use recklessness for discharge and voltage procced shock. As for utility, you have force speed on a low cooldown for positioning, stealth CC, blackout (25% damage reduction boost and force regen boost), force shroud, and deflection as defensive cooldowns. It's not the sturdiest of classes since it has light armor, but there is some good passive mitigation through blackout and entropic field. You only have 4 or 5 attacks you really need to worry about. The biggest challenge I see to maximizing your DPS as deception is to make full use of your force regen from dark embrace, and to utilize the cooldown resets that are built into the spec. It's a simple spec to pick up, it can be difficult to completely master.

Procs to watch:

-Duplicity: same picture as maul, use maul when you see it. Easy.

- Static Charge: looks like surging charge, use discharge when it's at 3 stacks (recklessness automatically gives you 3 stacks)

-Voltage: Each stack gives shock a 50% chance to trigger surging charge separate from the ICD of surging charge (allows to get more static charges)

Use recklessness when you have 0 stacks of static charge, use the first hit on discharge, the second one on shock.

Thanks MantorokTwelve, I'm afraid the Sin is far too fragile right now. Played until 35 and find myself in many situation where I need to flee with my tail between my legs.

Any other options? BH maybe?

There is no low maintenance melee DPS.

If you want low maint, try a ranged DPS.

/cough PT Pyro

You can literally play a PT Pyro well with 4 keys. Its not the chart topper it used to be, but it gets the job done. Better yet, you have a whopping one(!) proc to watch for. Further, you have a mainly 10m range with some 30m abilities and tonnes of AoE so those pesky trash mobs aren't as annoying as they can be on a Warrior AC.

I'm finding Vigilance Guardian (i.e. Vengeance Juggernaut) to be fairly low maintenance with basically 5 main DPS abilities that are used on CD and then you just have your Strike for building Focus and Slash for dumping Focus when needed.

I know my rotation isn't optimal, but it's easy and puts out enough DPS for whatever SM 55 Op i want to run and should be enough for HM when i want.

I have to agree with vdbswong. You don't have to watch your skill bar all the time as a vengeance jugg because it's obvious when what happens. you hear a laugh when ravage procs, you know that force scream has two procs after you use two of your skills.. it's easy. I'm always the one calling adds and that stuff, because I can watch everything around me without no problem.