Disappointed about so-called "New In Game Barber-Shop"

Maybe I'm having a recovery from a bad memory wipe, but it seems to me that other MMO's that have some sort of barber/etc, you pay with the global monetary. e.g World of Warcraft, you spend silver/gold at the barbershop.

This almost makes me want to sub again, just to quit again (I unsubbed this morning).

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Players,

we have a fantastic news!

We introduce to you the "Achievement System"!

Isn't you excited, because we are. It fantastic (for us *mwahaha*)

However most of the achievement available only by CM items, but don't worry, you still get your 500CC.

If you are a completionist, well... Hey, did I mentioned you get 500CC, and how excited we are?!

Wow guys, it's fantastic!!! Isn't it?!

And of course subbers get new content as well, just look at this list:

- Cheap ***** lightsaber Hilt

That's all for now. Stay tuned for more exciting news.

Ah, yes, yes it is!! :p

Thanks for posting this, I am thrilled, and the value of my sub just went up, in fact I am going to pay for a years sub, so at the end of the year I can have 6000 cartel coins, man what a deal, and all the great items in the cartel shop really makes me want to go out an play the game, taking my cool new speeder out and doing that daily content over and over and over again, it might be boring but with all the armor and a cool ride I can look cool while doinig it, and you know it's all about looking good, even if that new helm clips and my chest piece clips I payed real for money them even with the clipping they look damn cool I can't wait to spend real money in the barbershop to get that new hair style change the color of my eyes, maybe get a scar on the face to brag about my fight with the pirates, I have given away all my in game currency, the cartel store is all you need ..LOL

Diclaimer:

and for those that have no since humor yes I am kidding, kinda...:rolleyes:

Edited by kevlarto

If you're a subscriber, you get free cartel coins. Thus, is a question of priorities.

If you're a F2Per, you are playing a free game and have not a single right to complain. Deal. With. It.

The bottom line is that character recustomization is not a frequent, on-the-fly kind of thing. It's not something you change based on your mood, it's a permanent adjustment. They don't want players changing their characters every ten minutes.

Let me ask you this, why would they not put it as an unlock with in-game creds?

Let me ask you this, why would they not put it as an unlock with in-game creds?

Because they gave players the ability to sell these things on the GTN so that people like you can buy them with credits. Everyone is happy, except for people who think buying things with credits should be bought from BW created NPCs and not other players.

Because they gave players the ability to sell these things on the GTN so that people like you can buy them with credits. Everyone is happy, except for people who think buying things with credits should be bought from BW created NPCs and not other players.

Well that's how it should be since that's the way it's been with most MMOs ie. WOW and TSW. Why can't they just create in-game vendors who offer these services but restrict them from being used by F2Ps but only through CM?

They'd still make money but without alienating the player base.

Edited by Vitas

Well that's how it should be since that's the way it's been with most MMOs ie. WOW and TSW. Why can't they just create in-game vendors who offer these services but restrict them from being used by F2Ps but only through CM?

They'd still make money but without alienating the player base.

Other MMOs sell appearance changes in their cash shops, like GW2, Aion and TERA. WoW also only has hair colour and style changes in game. Changing anything more extensive like your faces cost real cash.

EDIT - here is the WoW FAQ on their appearance change paid service - https://sea.battle.net/support/en/article/appearance-change-faq Costs $15.

Edited by DaRoamer

Other MMOs sell appearance changes in their cash shops, like GW2, Aion and TERA. WoW also only has hair colour and style changes in game. Changing anything more extensive like your faces cost real cash.

EDIT - here is the WoW FAQ on their appearance change paid service - https://sea.battle.net/support/en/article/appearance-change-faq Costs $15.

Perhaps I should've elaborated that TSW also features cosmetic changes as an in-game vendor, not just hair stylists.

But also as you can see in Star Wars lore there have been characters using hair and cosmetic services on various worlds and locations and as this is an MMO which caters to the option of exploring the Star Wars universe, why can't we just see these as normal vendors.

Then why not both? Make it an unlock you can buy with in-game credits and CC's? They did it with everything else

We've had this discussion before.

Aion and GW2 are a totally different model of business, I have to agree with TERA though but other games dont charge like WoW (yes even a minor change which is what people want) and STO

LOTRO is F2P and the barber shop was an addition to the original game. But you pay for any changes to your character other than race with the in-game currency. Always have done.

Problem here is anything that is new out in this game will be CM coins. Its just how EA work. It's very sad but the subscription model has gone and although you may subscribe to the game anything new will be restricted to you unless you have oodles of cash to drop on the new stuff.

It should be broken up into two options.

Barber Shop

In game NPC. Available for credits to subscribers. Available for credits to F2P via cartel coin unlock.

- hair style

- hair color

- complexion

- facial hair

- scars

- assessories

- maybe skin color

Character Re-Customization

Available via cartel coin for subscribers and F2P.

- race change

- all character customization options

It really shouldn't be any more complex than that.

It should be broken up into two options.

Why does it need to be any more complex than it already is?

- race change

- race change

Some people want to change minor character creation errors without having to spend $6+. Others wish to change hairstyles and/or facial cosmetics periodically (even daily). These basic changes should be in-game credits only. Even 10CC is too much for these minor alterations. Similar to how you unlock certain emotes, spending CC's for new styles is acceptable.

- race change

Because breaking it up would provide further value to subscribers (shocking concept) and add a much needed credit sink into the game. This game doesn't have nearly enough credit sinks.

Some people want to change minor character creation errors without having to spend $6+.

A) we know no details yet... so you pulled $6 out of some dark place didn't you? ;)

B) choices have consequences.

C) they are adding a much requested feature to the game.... for people to deal with the consequences of their own mistakes

Others wish to change hairstyles and/or facial cosmetics periodically (even daily).

AND... just like in real life.... you don't get your hair styled for free... it costs you...in this case some of your free coins you get each month... so really it does not even cost you anything in this case.

These basic changes should be in-game credits only. Even 10CC is too much for these minor alterations. Similar to how you unlock certain emotes, spending CC's for new styles is acceptable.

Your personal opinion (which you are entitled to).... presented as fact (which it is not in this case).

Because breaking it up would provide further value to subscribers (shocking concept) and add a much needed credit sink into the game. This game doesn't have nearly enough credit sinks.

Right because runaway inflation is rampant on all servers.

I mean, the cost of Mandalorian Iron has gone from 12,000 each all the way up to about 9,500 each on my server.

Likewise the cost of Advanced Neural Augmentors has gone from about 12,000 each all the way up to about 8,750.

Similarly, level 27 item modifications have gone from about a million all the way up to about 600,000.

Exotech stims have increased in price from around 30,000 to about 15,000 each.

Yeah, the game needs more credit sinks to control all this rampant inflation. :rolleyes:

Edited by DarthTHC

Right because runaway inflation is rampant on all servers.

I mean, the cost of Mandalorian Iron has gone from 12,000 each all the way up to about 9,500 each on my server.

Likewise the cost of Advanced Neural Augmentors has gone from about 12,000 each all the way up to about 8,750.

Similarly, level 27 item modifications have gone from about a million all the way up to about 600,000.

Exotech stims have increased in price from around 30,000 to about 15,000 each.

Yeah, the game needs more credit sinks to control all this rampant inflation. :rolleyes:

You do realize that you just made the case for more credit sinks?! Inflation of the credit supply is there no matter how much players are willing to pay for any particular craft item or component. You are confusing credit supply inflation with supply/demand in the GTN.

Edited by Andryah

Some people want to change minor character creation errors without having to spend $6+. Others wish to change hairstyles and/or facial cosmetics periodically (even daily). These basic changes should be in-game credits only. Even 10CC is too much for these minor alterations. Similar to how you unlock certain emotes, spending CC's for new styles is acceptable.

Personally I don't feel that's a good enough reason.

"some people" want a lot of things implemented in this game. That doesn't mean Bioware should do them all.

This was one of the most requested things at launch and they likely worked their butts off to get this to us. "some people" have decided that these things shouldn't have to be paid for because they don't want to pay for them. But using that logic, "some people" don't think that subs should pay for anything in the CM at all. Heck in this thread you are saying that simple things like hair and makeup should be OK, Other people think Scars and height are OK too and still other people have said everything but race change should be OK.

Stop calling it what it isn't. This is a re-customization tool for your character. Not a change my hair every day tool.

Maybe I'm having a recovery from a bad memory wipe, but it seems to me that other MMO's that have some sort of barber/etc, you pay with the global monetary. e.g World of Warcraft, you spend silver/gold at the barbershop.

This almost makes me want to sub again, just to quit again (I unsubbed this morning).

Seriously?

No...

In WoW you have to spend $15 for this service.

And realize that you are quitting over them adding content that has been requested since launch, because it isn't perfectly suited to you.

So... Not having the option to re-customize your character is ok, but having the option but it being in the CM (which you can still buy off the GTN for credits) is not OK.

You do realize that you just made the case for more credit sinks?! Inflation of the credit supply is there no matter how much players are willing to pay for any particular craft item or component. You are confusing credit supply inflation with supply/demand in the GTN.

Credit sinks are used to control inflation.

There is no inflation. There is, in fact, deflation. Go ahead and compare the prices for any 2 items over 6-8 weeks and you'll see it.

Additional credit sinks are unnecessary in a deflationary economy.

Any word on this Eric? I for one dont intend to let it die

Any word on what?

That bioware / EA are aware that there are many people who will loudly complain about anything they personally do not approve of in a MMO?

I am sure there are.

I mean a couple of days before "barbershopgate", as you might call it, the outrage was all about the Cartel Market reputation. (Yeah, do you even remember?)

And the next rage flavor of the month will surely come as well, no matter if YOU want to let it die or not - though I think at least letting it REST until we get detailed information on the actual prices / options of the barbershop would be a smart thing, no?