Things that are Dead should stay DEAD!

Reeny

<Spoiler>

why is Malgus back again???

I killed his sorry butt back then

Extremely lazy and boring to keep bringing back dead people.

Besides...why the heck dont i get to kill his sorry excuse of a darth?

Why do i have to work for him yet again?

FREAKING LAME

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<Spoiler>

FREAKING LAME

Because such an interesting character never should have been killed off in such a stupid, anti-climactic way to begin with?

You're already dead, just lay down! :D

Report: Dead.

Target has achieved deadness.

HK-55 should say these things to Malgus. I'm sure Malgus would agree he should remain dead. If it weren't for the interference of a certain sith who did a project Lazarus on him, i'm sure he'd still be floating around in bits above Ilum.

Guess we will see where Malgus ends up in the expac and if he'll do another Ilum again. But i strongly suspect Malgus has been brainwashed with Castellan restraints, given keywords and sent on his way so he'd never be a problem again, or, a bomb was placed in his head with a remote detonator as he was being reassembled, or both. When Acina / Vowrawn was discussing Malgus's next assignment in front of him before he left for the front lines, you could see the light go out of his eyes like he was horrified by something, like someone was holding him on a leash.

If Malgus does go out, better make it in a blaze of glory.

I think bringing Malgus Back was/ is Cheap Clickbait. Malgus was maybe the most favorite character in SWTOR the Cinematic's His two Flashpoints, the Battle of Ilum he was a Big character. Killing him off was in the long run probably wrong but any way, he did Die. Now considering the recent history of SWTOR consideration They may have thought bringing back Malgus would "Liven that Consideration" by being such a well liked character; its also Much *Easier then Trying (Again) to create a character so well liked universally.

That tiny cutscene about Malgus's Carbonite slab on Zakuul that "Nobody outside of BW was supposed to ever see" has been brought up many times here in the forums. He is back but I think in a very Humiliating way compared to who he was before. This humiliating way Diminish's Malgus's character and it Diminishes our previous fight against him. When Character don't *Die then the story loses Most of its Importance to sometimes a point of "So What, Who Cares and Whatever".

Since Malgus Is back My S.I. does have plans for him on her Own path to getting her Position within the Council again.

1, Track down that Treasonous Abomination named "Malora". Find whatever Hole (Literally) she has Crawled into and making as short work as possible separate her distorted head from her Mad Scientist Body, then make certain that foul work can never be continued.

2, Find an Opportunity to contact Malgus talk with him about his enslavement and offer to Free him IF he assists me with Killing Acina. I'm Confident myself and Malgus working together could defeat Any Guards Acina would have with her when she next travels outside of her office or off-world especially. After Acina is Dead I would tell Malgus I believe his being brought back to life as only a tool to an Upstart Weakling of a Darth that most likely only survived Zakuul because she refused to fight was wrong and he deserved much better.

3, After that dialog is over and when Malgus turns to restart his new Life, I would Put the Electricity to him until his "Fashion 5000 Sith Outfit is in flames" and his body is charred to a crisp before he dies I would tell him I offered him Freedom and he does die a free man, he deserves that much. When the rest of the Imperial guards run in I would tell them Malgus attacked Acina because of his enslavement and due to his synthetic new parts he Killed Acina before I could stop him.

4, Immediately after that I would contact Vowrawn and tell Him as he knows by now Acina and Malgus have died from Malgus's enslavement fury that Now with Malora also dead and my Formal council seat and *Everything, Everything I did that lead to the Emperor's death and the defeat I accomplished of the Eternal Empire I am Compelled to suggest my seat on the council. I have No Desire for the top seat that is Vowrawns if he wants it he sure deserves it and with me there aswell I would probably back what he decides as long as its Consistent with Sith and Council beliefs.

Edited by MikeCobalt

<Spoiler>

FREAKING LAME

“Fear the walking dead”

We are now in Star Wars : the Zombie Wars

Because such an interesting character never should have been killed off in such a stupid, anti-climactic way to begin with?

:eek: Sorry Sir/Mam, but

finishing Malgus with the stupid knockback grenades (kinda like Vader dealt with the Emperor in ROTJ) after the events on Ilum with both of the flashpoints as a finale was one of my favourite moments in SWTOR, I can't let you get away with calling these events "anti-climactic".

- even though I didn't like the idea of Malgus being gone in the first place, so I'm glad he's back in action.

Still wondering about the carbonite scene with the sons of Tenebrae - was there ever anything in the game that indicated he survived the explosion of the Emperor's Station?

I agree but every MMO does stupid things. Bringing Malgus back was a stupid thing.

Correction, MMO's don't do anything, But useless tek guys with fat fingers do. But funny thing is, still they getting away with all screw ups.

- even though I didn't like the idea of Malgus being gone in the first place, so I'm glad he's back in action. Still wondering about the carbonite scene with the sons of Tenebrae - was there ever anything in the game that indicated he survived the explosion of the Emperor's Station?

I can't remember there being any indicators in-game before Ossus on how he might've survived. According to Codex entry, there were rumours about his survival floating over the years before his reappearance in public at Ossus, while some claimed that Acina/her agents picked up whatever remained of him from the debris of the Emperor's Station.

You're already dead, just lay down! :D

Report: Dead.

Target has achieved deadness.

HK-55 should say these things to Malgus. I'm sure Malgus would agree he should remain dead. If it weren't for the interference of a certain sith who did a project Lazarus on him, i'm sure he'd still be floating around in bits above Ilum.

Guess we will see where Malgus ends up in the expac and if he'll do another Ilum again. But i strongly suspect Malgus has been brainwashed with Castellan restraints, given keywords and sent on his way so he'd never be a problem again, or, a bomb was placed in his head with a remote detonator as he was being reassembled, or both. When Acina / Vowrawn was discussing Malgus's next assignment in front of him before he left for the front lines, you could see the light go out of his eyes like he was horrified by something, like someone was holding him on a leash.

If Malgus does go out, better make it in a blaze of glory.

This would be my guess, too. Malgus was literally being kept in a box before he did his thing on Ossus and he did look terrified when Acina told him to return. If the player character says something about being on a leash, Malgus tells them "hope that you never are" or something along those lines.

My next guess would be that Acina used him to eliminate her enemies while the Zakuul takeover happened, which is how she ended up being the one left standing to declare herself Empress.

Revan was dead too but that didn't stop him coming back for another around.

Also how many times has the emporer died?

Seems pretty common place in SW for dead things to not be quite so dead afterall.

Edited by Suzsi

<Spoiler>

FREAKING LAME

Because everyone who followed the game from the beginning and also follow the people who created the stories knows Malgus was never intended to be permanently killed at the end of the False Emperor.

The original Mechanic had U knock him into the reactor shaft pit. The original authors said this was because they had fully intended for him to escape and come back.

However it was possible to cheese the mechanic and cause Malgus right from the beginning to jump into the Pit himself. Because of this and because they couldn't quickly find a way to fix it the devs just had you kill him outright in a bout of sheer development laziness.

So while you find it freaking lame, most of us who have followed the game from the beginning feel like a wrong has been righted.

Edited by ZionHalcyon

/thread

They marketed the game around him (and Satele) and then...poof...massive letdown.

Revan was dead too but that didn't stop him coming back for another around.

Also how many times has the emporer died?

Seems pretty common place in SW for dead things to not be quite so dead afterall.

Vitiate and Revan should have stayed dead. So should have Malgus. Or let us change sides again so we can kill him again. Or just let us kill him and be done with Malgus -- for good this time.

"What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger." :p

I quite enjoyed his recent appearance and moments with my characters but that's just me. I look forward in seeing where it goes.

Actually, I agree with this as well. I liked how he acknowledged my superiority after our battles and also talks you up a bit in front of the troops and Anri, and also gives you a warning about Acina and her leash. You're also one of the only people on the planet who doesn't cower in his sight, but stand tall to his face, even when you're seemingly two feet shorter than him in some of the cutscenes.

Vitiate and Revan should have stayed dead. So should have Malgus. Or let us change sides again so we can kill him again. Or just let us kill him and be done with Malgus -- for good this time.

As I said before, the original writers never intended him to die there, and the only thing that "killed" Malgus was the laziness of the developers who couldn't figure out a solution to the glitch where you could get him to jump in the pit on his own. So the writers finally righted a wrong in bringing him "back" (he never was supposed to be "gone").

As I said before, the original writers never intended him to die there, and the only thing that "killed" Malgus was the laziness of the developers who couldn't figure out a solution to the glitch where you could get him to jump in the pit on his own. So the writers finally righted a wrong in bringing him "back" (he never was supposed to be "gone").

This is actually welcome news for me. Although "False Emperor" is still my favorite FlashPoint and will remain so indefinitely having such a character in SWTOR is better overall. Malgus "On a Leash" to a Sith Leader I feel deserves No Respect though is degrading to a great figure. This still doesn't change my S.I.'s opinion that he should be dead. Dead after he's served the Inq.'s purpose. When death is nolonger relevant time after time, the purpose itself becomes very UNimportant.

Like "Colonial Dakash" (I think hes that one) the Cyborg on "Maelstrom Prison" when he "Die's" his last words are "It doesn't matter, They'll just rebuild me again"

I fully agree OP. I find it poor writing. So mush so years ago I used to buy comics but every other week a character was killed off then returned in some dumb way. Got so fed up I just stopped reading them. How many X-Men have been killed off and brought back to life? Well trick question because every single one has (up to the time I stopped reading) some several times over. OK it kinda worked for the Phoenix character, but every other X-Man?

As per usual Malgus was asked for. So the rest of us yet again have to put up with it, or move on to something else.

Oh, so you are part of BW and have access to there development story & design for the game?

Well good to know!

Though I am sure you are telling porkies here.