Remove the rakghoul plague now

The containment officers tried to contain me but I gunned them down. Went to the fleet and blew up on people, not one complaint from anyone in the fleet.

Its made quite clear both the Republic and Imperials are trying to contain the plague. As such traveling to the fleets or Drummond Kass / Coruscant should either not be possible or NPCs at the spaceport exits will one-shot anyone infected.

Big crowds of 20 - 30 people not logging out and standing in the fleet is intentional abuse of the mechanics which causes intentional / unintentional griefing of players that do not want to be infected.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No you!

But seriously, if there was no way to avoid infection you might have a point, but there is.. several. If it's inconvinient for you then I'm sorry but it's still not griefing.

No, right now there's no way to avoid it without having to spend money (which is being griefed) or avoid fleet (which is being griefed).

Its made quite clear both the Republic and Imperials are trying to contain the plague. As such traveling to the fleets or Drummond Kass / Coruscant should either not be possible or NPCs at the spaceport exits will one-shot anyone infected.

Big crowds of 20 - 30 people not logging out and standing in the fleet is intentional abuse of the mechanics which causes intentional / unintentional griefing of players that do not want to be infected.

Seems pretty logical to me.

Fine, then define griefing by your standard.

Griefing is intentionally trying to lock people out of gameplay. An good example of the difference can be found with world pvp. If I go and kill you in the world, you were inconvenienced but we played by the game rules. If I sit on your corpse, follow you every time you respawn and kill you over and over, I'm griefing. IF I whisper you asking you to heal for me but you don't want to, at worst you were inconvenienced responding to me. If I keep sapming you with 'heal my group', I'm griefing you. If I kill your mob before you while you were questing, that's being inconvenienced. If I followed you everywhere and killed mobs before you did, I'm griefing.

They aren't abusing it... they're *supposed* to go and infect people. It's a quest... which means you should go do it.

^^^This.

These people actually have a quest called "Plaguebearer" that says, "Infect other players: 0/10"

They are NOT griefing you. They are playing the game and trying to complete their quests. If you don't want to be infected just don't stand next to someone that is. Easy solution. Heck I've been TRYING to get infected for about an hour and I can't seem to do it. LOL!

Edited by Musezy

If it's preventing people from doing what they'd normally do, and caused specifically by a player's actions in a non-pvp situation, that's pretty clearly griefing, eh?

Except, if you're out doign that stuff, your chanced of beign infected are pretty slim unless your friend or guildie is chasing you down. Even then, you could havegotten it removed before going after the champion.

No, right now there's no way to avoid it without having to spend money (which is being griefed) or avoid fleet (which is being griefed).

The developers put the antidote in the game for the sole purpose of letting people buy it if they don't want the plague. You cannot call a planed in-game mechanic like that griefing. You can complain about their design but don't abuse the word griefing. That's like when people call anyone that disagrees with them 'trolls'.

Griefing is intentionally trying to lock people out of gameplay
Other way around

intentionally trying to lock people out of gameplay is Griefing

Causing people to have to spend money to avoid an area of the game to prevent you from infecting them with a debuff that will kill them is also griefing.

Except, if you're out doign that stuff, your chanced of beign infected are pretty slim unless your friend or guildie is chasing you down. Even then, you could havegotten it removed before going after the champion.
No, right now it would just take logging in. I'd be infected before I was able to leave the fleet and head to belsavis (where I normally solo the heroic 2 and 4s along with some of the rest of the dailies)

Causing people to have to spend money to avoid an area of the game to prevent you from infecting them with a debuff that will kill them is also griefing.

Oh big whoop. In 20 minutes you will explode and have to click your medical probe button if no one else is around to rez you. It doesn't hurt. I promise. :p

Why is it that "standing around on fleet" is BWs fallback content?

That is how I feel about it, was it their plan to have everyone stand at the load in spot to infect people or was it their plan for people to actually play the game. Is it really fun to stand in one spot.

I think it is just sad that people take this as content, which it would be if it was not just stand in one spot and think everyone has to be there cause they want to "play"

The developers put the antidote in the game for the sole purpose of letting people buy it if they don't want the plague. You cannot call a planed in-game mechanic like that griefing.
Sure I can. It's grieifng. You're costing them money (or time, or forcing them to avoid an area) by your actions as a player. Clearly that's grieifing.

Why are you standing around on fleet for if you are lvl 12?

GO QUEST.

Bank Alts never quest or leave the fleet.

Someone has to make sure you of the 99% stay amongst the 99%. :)

My level 10 hit 400 crafting and made 4 million credits in December.

Other way around

Pretty much. I can't PvP in warzones, for example. If I do, I'll die and need to re-vaccine. If I don't re-vaccine, I can be interuppted in the middle of a warzone and the wrong time. It's effectively meant I can't PvP until this is over.

Other way around

No it's not. And you're first sentence is the same thing I said, so I don't get your point there.

Bioware's plan for this event is for people to infect other people. If you don't want this to happen to you, they gave you a way out for some credits. That is gameplay mechanics, not griefing. You not liking that they did this, does not make it griefing.

This is just a temporary world event. Just lighten up and go with the flow. It is actually very funny. You have several options:

1. Buy a Rakghoul Vaccine from a medical vendor.

2. Do the quests on Tatooine and get free vaccines.

3. If you get infected, just wait 20 minutes (go about your business) and you will eventually explode and then when you rez up, you will be cured.

4. Avoid other sick players that have green clouds around them and glowing eyes if you don't want to play along.

Seriously... it's just pixels on a screen. It's not like you can get the Rakghoul Plague in RL.

Exactly. And I've CnP'd your comments & will post them again. And again. and.. meh :)

No repair costs. No drama.

****. you dont take damage when someone explodes next to you.

You dont lose durability when you explode.

On my server the dna samples are going for 10k each.

You get 5 when you blow up in a crowd of people.

If you are complaining because you are being handed hundres of thousands of free credits, a free pet, some cool looking crystals and OMG dare I say it, A FUN AND EXCITING DYNAMIC WORLD EVENT!? ..... do everyone a favor, disband your guild, send me all your credits, delete the game off your hardrive and go play something more your speed you borehard.

Oh big whoop. In 20 minutes you will explode and have to click your medical probe button if no one else is around to rez you. It doesn't hurt. I promise. :p

Healing someone rests the timer dosent it ?

Setup a character with AOE heals and just spam it on those groups of infected that stand at the bank.

Sure I can. It's grieifng. You're costing them money (or time, or forcing them to avoid an area) by your actions as a player. Clearly that's grieifing.

With that logic, someone killing the same mobs I need for a quest is griefing me because they are costing me time and money by slowing down my questing.

Your definition basically makes most interactions with others in an MMO griefing of some form or another.

****. you dont take damage when someone explodes next to you.

You dont lose durability when you explode.

On my server the dna samples are going for 10k each.

You get 5 when you blow up in a crowd of people.

If you are complaining because you are being handed hundres of thousands of free credits, a free pet, some cool looking crystals and OMG dare I say it, A FUN AND EXCITING DYNAMIC WORLD EVENT!? ..... do everyone a favor, disband your guild, send me all your credits, delete the game off your hardrive and go play something more your speed you borehard.

A guy walks into your house and takes a dump on your living room floor. He doesn't understand why you're upset. He's given you some free fertilizer. Why don't you appreciate his gift?