Hard Mode Difficulty Ranking

Hello all,

Last night my guildies and I finally decided to start tackling hard mode Flash Points. Our biggest setback at the moment is that due to some odd surprises we ended up with 2 tank geared players (jedi guardian and vanguard). The vanguard is now officially going to be the tank going forward and the guardian is taking the dps role but is still not in full dps gear so our outgoing dps is not top notch yet for fresh hard mode players. We ran Essels last night and cleared it and thoroughly enjoyed the challenge. We then attempted Maelstrom and couldn't take down General Daksha. So now we are still in the "learning" phase and I'm curious if someone a bit more familiar with hard modes couldn't shed some light onto a kind of ranking for difficulty of the hard modes so we can "climb the ladder" progressively.

Thank you for any advice and if I get enough responses I can edit to maybe make a sticky!

So far:

Republic

Easiest to Hardest

Esseless/Taral V

Maelstrom Prison

False Emperor

War for Ilum

Directive 7

Edited by Mantang

Hardmode is same thing as normal but tighter enrage/more HP/more damaging abilities it is very simple just need to bring 1 tank/2 heals/5 dps and should have no problems. Only fight I saw with a difference was the puzzle boss you can't click the console over and over you get a cool down and need to rotate.

If you are having trouble hitting enrage on first boss in EV just stack up for the mortar volley thing when he sits down and hits everyone use aoe heals and personal cooldowns this strat worked for a BH heals/Sorc heals comp.

Edited by Nissin

Hardmode is same thing as normal but tighter enrage/more HP/more damaging abilities it is very simple just need to bring 1 tank/2 heals/5 dps and should have no problems. Only fight I saw with a difference was the puzzle boss you can't click the console over and over you get a cool down and need to rotate.

If you are having trouble hitting enrage on first boss in EV just stack up for the mortar volley thing when he sits down and hits everyone use aoe heals and personal cooldowns this strat worked for a BH heals/Sorc heals comp.

Re-reading my post I guess I failed to mention I'm talking about Flash Points. My apologies.

Easiest to Hardest

Esseless/Taral V

Maelstrom Prison

False Emperor

War for Ilum

Directive 7 (beware it is a major step up from other 5, We finally cleared it today and are pretty much face rolling other 5 for a few day now.)

I'd agree, except i might put Battle for Ilum and Directive 7 on the same tier - Directive 7 is more about how good your DPS is, but Battle for Ilum is very healing intensive (especially the boss that spawns waves of stealthed adds).

Empire side:

Black Talon

False emperor

Directive 7

Battle of Ilum (you can skip the bugg stealth adds bro)

Boarding Party (last boss hits like a truck with missles and if you dont one shot chests bug out, might be fixed already though)

Foundry (lol Revan hitting through CDs for 149k, they buffed him!)

As long as dps stops attacking him with shield up it didn't seem back and as dps check is WAY easier then the directive 7 co#k blocking boss. 5 wipes at <10k hp (out of 400 mind you) But so satisfying.

Maybe I'm just spoiled with our DPS, but we went in and 1 shot him the other day before he could enrage or anything. Battle for Ilum on the other hand...the adds deal so much damage it's not fair, and you can only have so many knockbacks.

Maybe I'm just spoiled with our DPS, but we went in and 1 shot him the other day before he could enrage or anything. Battle for Ilum on the other hand...the adds deal so much damage it's not fair, and you can only have so many knockbacks.

Funny i don't even tank the adds, between sage aoe/stun and my knock back they don't get even 1 hit of.