Suggested Mercenary/Commando Changes for 1.6

cashogy

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like all of them, with the exception of Run and Gun. your comparisons to snipers don't hold water. having the ability to cast any 3 abilities instantly every 9 seconds is an immensely powerful tool...the only reason you don't' think so is because you like the class. one instant attack and some resource savings 30 seconds is not even close to 3 instant attacks every 9 seconds.

Snipers only have one instant attack off of their KB, and that in itself is very powerful. your asking for almost a non stop application of abilities that have cast times for a reason. A merc with that ability would be able to insta cast everything they have 3/4 of the time they are in melee range. And the dps increase in PvE would be class breaking.

the idea sounds great, but in real life application it would break the class. we have cast times for a reason. even just tracer missile 3x instant would be over powered. I know you don't think so but it really would. the damage of those abilities, no matter how you want to compare them, is based on a cast time. to remove the cast time means unbalance. they would have to reduce the damage on those abilities to compensate, which would force PvE (as well as PvP) mercs to fight in melee range to keep their DPS up with other classes, which kills the reason for having them as a ranged class in the first place.

I am all for having a low tier ability like the sniper that gives us ONE instant cast. punch, fire fusion missile. bam. or fire off Rapid scan. how about making it insta-cast and auto crit? Imagine being able to knock back an opponent, immobilize them for a few seconds, and dump an instant fusion missile that's auto crit (with full stack of tracer on them) that is a nice buff, and opens up other doors as well, and not OP.

But your other ideas look good. Run and gun just pushes it over the top too much. It's the right direction though! I like the idea....I think the reason snipers/slingers can do well in PvP is due to the options they have to push instants out....but the talents are spread out in different trees, so they're not all bunched together...and they're mechanics force them to be useable only over longer periods of time (30sec CD on Pulse, as an example....or requiring 6+ crits in a row to negate the CD on ambush, etc).

If we wanted the concept of "run and gun" as a class mechanic, we could have certain skills have special abilities when run and gun is triggered...and then have a few skills that trigger R&G (like rocket punch, kolto missle, thermal Detonater). examples of R&G effect would be like tracer would auto-stack 5 heat signatures with R&G. Fusion missile is instant and auto-crit. Emergency scan also applies a HoT. rapid scan is instant and heals you in addition to your target.stuff like that. that could be a fun mechanic that isn't OP, because one use and it's gone. so once every 9 seconds in melee range you have a nice boost...but it isn't a class defining change.

It isn't a class defining change, its a clutch mechanic to improve our ability when engaged by melee. For four and a half seconds after being engaged by melee, we would be able to cast without being interrupted. That's all.

Let me be perfectly clear. There doesn't need to be a tradeoff. We don't need a sidegrade, a tweak or a nudge. We don't need to give up anything. Mercs and Commandos need an honest-to-goodness shout-it-from-the-rooftops BUFF, because right now it is a horrible horrible AC for RWZs.

*snip*

first of all, you cant use rocket punch constantly, so your argument is already debunked right there. its a melee only ability on a ranged class, use your brain please.

and i have already suggested having an internal timer on Run and Gun. allow it to be proc'd only once every 15-20s, regardless of how many times you use Rocket Punch in that time. i guess i should add that to the OP, as people do not seem to read the discussion in this thread.

It isn't a class defining change, its a clutch mechanic to improve our ability when engaged by melee. For four and a half seconds after being engaged by melee, we would be able to cast without being interrupted. That's all.

Let me be perfectly clear. There doesn't need to be a tradeoff. We don't need a sidegrade, a tweak or a nudge. We don't need to give up anything. Mercs and Commandos need an honest-to-goodness shout-it-from-the-rooftops BUFF, because right now it is a horrible horrible AC for RWZs.

EDIT: just realized i missed your part about once every 15 seconds :) so i deleted my overly massive post. that is more reasonable. once every other rocket punch basically.

still, 3 instants can be pretty massive and abused if not careful. its not game breaking, but it is still class defining. Tell me any merc in their right minds that wouldn't spec into that ability. once every 15 seconds my healer could lay out 3 5-6k heals (or bigger) over the space of the time that it takes a sorc to put up 3 bubbles. that's potent. or i can unleash 2 tracers and a fusion missile. and that's every 15 seconds. even a sorc has to wait 20 seconds after putting their bubble one someone before they can do it again. you would be able to dump close to 20k heals onto a tank in 3 GCD's.

Again, I like the idea. but even with 15s 3 is still pushing it. I could see one ever 15s. my gunslinger can crack her instant out once every 30 seconds when she uses her KB....us getting one every 15 seconds isn't a bad deal at all

Edited by Elyxin

EDIT: just realized i missed your part about once every 15 seconds :) so i deleted my overly massive post. that is more reasonable. once every other rocket punch basically.

still, 3 instants can be pretty massive and abused if not careful. its not game breaking, but it is still class defining. Tell me any merc in their right minds that wouldn't spec into that ability. once every 15 seconds my healer could lay out 3 5-6k heals (or bigger) over the space of the time that it takes a sorc to put up 3 bubbles. that's potent. or i can unleash 2 tracers and a fusion missile. and that's every 15 seconds. even a sorc has to wait 20 seconds after putting their bubble one someone before they can do it again. you would be able to dump close to 20k heals onto a tank in 3 GCD's.

Again, I like the idea. but even with 15s 3 is still pushing it. I could see one ever 15s. my gunslinger can crack her instant out once every 30 seconds when she uses her KB....us getting one every 15 seconds isn't a bad deal at all

you are correct that it would be class defining. there is a reason for it tho. and every Merc would want to spec into it for that very reason

bioware did a tremendously awful job designing the mechanics of Merc DPS. just piss poor bad. it is the root of all problems that Merc have in competitive PvP, and if real balance is ever going to happen, the basic mechanics need to change.

3 instants every 15s would not be overpowered. the amount of damage a tracer missile does wouldnt change b/c it was activated instantly. the main difference would be that Mercs would actually have a chance to fight back and defeat a melee opponent, rather than just hoping they can run away long enough for the melee player to lose interest.

you are still forgetting that a Merc would have to be in melee range to get that proc. yeah, 3 Rapid Scans in a row would output a lot of healing, but it would also require a lot of heat (3 in a row would put you at ~70 heat), and it also means youre in melee range of an enemy which as a healer you *never* want to do on purpose. the heat cost alone means this would not be something that you could do frequently; it would be good as a reactive mechanism for combating melee opponents; using it as an offensive tool is going to over-extend yourself and give melee opponents the advantage (they wont need to use a gap closer if you close the gap yourself)

Merc needs a significant buff. a side-grade, or shift of one strength to another strength, or whatever is just not going to cut it.

any change that would actually fix the problem is going to sound overpowered. merc is just that far behind

Edited by cashogy

you are correct that it would be class defining. there is a reason for it tho. and every Merc would want to spec into it for that very reason

bioware did a tremendously awful job designing the mechanics of Merc DPS. just piss poor bad. it is the root of all problems that Merc have in competitive PvP, and if real balance is ever going to happen, the basic mechanics need to change.

3 instants every 15s would not be overpowered. the amount of damage a tracer missile does wouldnt change b/c it was activated instantly. the main difference would be that Mercs would actually have a chance to fight back and defeat a melee opponent, rather than just hoping they can run away long enough for the melee player to lose interest.

you are still forgetting that a Merc would have to be in melee range to get that proc. yeah, 3 Rapid Scans in a row would output a lot of healing, but it would also require a lot of heat (3 in a row would put you at ~70 heat), and it also means youre in melee range of an enemy which as a healer you *never* want to do on purpose. the heat cost alone means this would not be something that you could do frequently; it would be good as a reactive mechanism for combating melee opponents; using it as an offensive tool is going to over-extend yourself and give melee opponents the advantage (they wont need to use a gap closer if you close the gap yourself)

Merc needs a significant buff. a side-grade, or shift of one strength to another strength, or whatever is just not going to cut it.

any change that would actually fix the problem is going to sound overpowered. merc is just that far behind

You do make a convincing argument. based on that, It seems like it would be a good idea to at least get out there and test. Hope you realize that I too enjoy my merc thoroughly (though only for PvE, not into PvP), so im only arguing because it's needed to balance out the details of the changes. If they're solid changes, they survive scrutiny.

now, based on that...if it is such a critical element of Merc play, wouldn't it be better to add R&G as a baseline? The whole idea itself seems interesting to me, and really fits the "Mercenary" idea that I envision.Sorcs have their bubbles (seem very forcy-like), Ops have their instants and HoT's...the idea of being more flexible on the run sounds like a very nice way to separate the merc healing from the others (aside from the heat resource, which in itself is interesting). My concern about putting a talent in a single tree then makes that tree mandatory, and I'm a much bigger fan of making mandatory things baseline, with optional things or role specific things filling talent slots.

plus I think that having more flexibility on the fly could translate to us being more attractive in PvE (Sorc/Sages are well liked due to their bubble and Uber AoE heals....we need something other then a 4 man puff of green smoke). So why not just make it baseline? and what was your reasoning on 3? (not arguing at this point, but curious).

Edited by Elyxin

Nothing will be given. NOTHING. Remember my words. New fireworks to celebrate and some other crapy stuff. That's it.

Unfortunately you are closer to the truth than many of these hopeful, sunshine pumper posts.

I expect they will do something like give JetBoost a 50% increase in movement speed for 2 sec and the removal of all movement restrictions when used. But since they really don't want to buff Mercs, they will also increase the energy cost of JetBoost to something like 35. That way they can nerf Merc damage output after JetBoost is used. That would fit in well with how BW views Mercs.

Unfortunately you are closer to the truth than many of these hopeful, sunshine pumper posts.

I expect they will do something like give JetBoost a 50% increase in movement speed for 2 sec and the removal of all movement restrictions when used. But since they really don't want to buff Mercs, they will also increase the energy cost of JetBoost to something like 35. That way they can nerf Merc damage output after JetBoost is used. That would fit in well with how BW views Mercs.

dont give them any ideas!! :eek:

i really dont know what to think. the numbers about playstyles that bioware has shown us recently and in the past show that the majority of players in the game participate in warzones. PvP is not the red-headed step child that some players would have the devs believe, and their "metrics" show that. but they continue to make changes (or dont make changes) that have significant negative effects on the PvP environment. which only further alienates their playerbase, drives away the high quality players (the min/maxers that post guides, frequent the forums, give advice, provide quality feedback, etc) that are the backbone of any MMO.

i just dont understand. with no class changes in 1.6, despite a new WZ (meaning a greater focus on PvP) the gross imbalances that exist in PvP will continue.

its mind bottling.

I say they'll give nothing coz i don't believe they realize the class needs something else rather than only escape ability. They nerfed our snare to 30%. After that i just don't believe they are able to GIVE anything. BW buffs only glowsticks and nerfs the rest. Amazing treatment!!! I wish i like jedi glowstickers but i don't. I love commando and not gonna change myself in it. I'd rather change the game.

I like all of them, with the exception of Run and Gun. your comparisons to snipers don't hold water. having the ability to cast any 3 abilities instantly every 9 seconds is an immensely powerful tool...the only reason you don't' think so is because you like the class. one instant attack and some resource savings 30 seconds is not even close to 3 instant attacks every 9 seconds.

Snipers only have one instant attack off of their KB, and that in itself is very powerful. your asking for almost a non stop application of abilities that have cast times for a reason. A merc with that ability would be able to insta cast everything they have 3/4 of the time they are in melee range. And the dps increase in PvE would be class breaking.

the idea sounds great, but in real life application it would break the class. we have cast times for a reason. even just tracer missile 3x instant would be over powered. I know you don't think so but it really would. the damage of those abilities, no matter how you want to compare them, is based on a cast time. to remove the cast time means unbalance. they would have to reduce the damage on those abilities to compensate, which would force PvE (as well as PvP) mercs to fight in melee range to keep their DPS up with other classes, which kills the reason for having them as a ranged class in the first place.

I am all for having a low tier ability like the sniper that gives us ONE instant cast. punch, fire fusion missile. bam. or fire off Rapid scan. how about making it insta-cast and auto crit? Imagine being able to knock back an opponent, immobilize them for a few seconds, and dump an instant fusion missile that's auto crit (with full stack of tracer on them) that is a nice buff, and opens up other doors as well, and not OP.

But your other ideas look good. Run and gun just pushes it over the top too much. It's the right direction though! I like the idea....I think the reason snipers/slingers can do well in PvP is due to the options they have to push instants out....but the talents are spread out in different trees, so they're not all bunched together...and they're mechanics force them to be useable only over longer periods of time (30sec CD on Pulse, as an example....or requiring 6+ crits in a row to negate the CD on ambush, etc).

If we wanted the concept of "run and gun" as a class mechanic, we could have certain skills have special abilities when run and gun is triggered...and then have a few skills that trigger R&G (like rocket punch, kolto missle, thermal Detonater). examples of R&G effect would be like tracer would auto-stack 5 heat signatures with R&G. Fusion missile is instant and auto-crit. Emergency scan also applies a HoT. rapid scan is instant and heals you in addition to your target.stuff like that. that could be a fun mechanic that isn't OP, because one use and it's gone. so once every 9 seconds in melee range you have a nice boost...but it isn't a class defining change.

Cash got most of this, but it wouldn't be a DPS increase. In PVE, if you're taking alacrity talents as you should be, it's a minor DPS decrease. For non-alacrity taking mercs/commandos the damage over time would be the same. We'd actually get a slight nerf to ammo regen since with an instant cast it takes the ammo at the beginning of the GCD instead of at the end.

But it would absolutely give us the ability to get out damage when melee get in our face which is the biggest issue for us in PVP. Sniper comparisons aren't quite perfect, you're right, but then they can't be leapt to OR interrupted when in cover, and with Entrench running (33% uptime naturally, close to 50% uptime when specced into it) are completely immune to CCs. Given that, run and gun doesn't seem so bad to me.

Nothing will be given. NOTHING. Remember my words. New fireworks to celebrate and some other crapy stuff. That's it.

You aren't saying anything ground breaking here. I think most of us KNOW that we could produce the most balanced class ever and BW would still give us nothing. I don't expect them to do much, but I'll damn sure keep complaining till I unsub, get banned, or they actually change things.

I like your ideas very much. Don't dare to touch the damage, just increase our survivability, mobility and damage frequency.

What I really like is that Run and Gun would be tied to Rocket Punch (is that Stockstrike btw?....sorry I only have a commando), which I almost never use in PvE. In long 7-10-15 minute ops boss encounters I actually want to have my Grav Round/Tracer Missile to have a cast time, so I don't drain my ammo too quickly, when I need sustained DPS.

So having Run and Gun tied to a melee attack that you only use in PvP anyway is an awesome idea. You can fire off quick abilites in a tight situation in PvP but it doesn't affect damage frequency, when you're fighting at range (where you should always be) both in PvP and PvE.

One quick change, though. I'd welcome the idea to be able to cleanse Force abilities. In fact it is annoying in fps, ops and mainly warzones, where there's an overabundance of Jedi/Sith debuffs. But if we get the ability to cleanse Force, it would only be fair to give the same ability to Scoundrel healers and the ability to cleanse Tech debuffs for Sages. All healer classes should be able to cleanse every type of debuff I reckon.

All in all, great ideas here. Hope BW reads this.

Edited by CommanderKeeva

I like your ideas very much. Don't dare to touch the damage, just increase our survivability, mobility and damage frequency.

What I really like is that Run and Gun would be tied to Rocket Punch (is that Stockstrike btw?....sorry I only have a commando), which I almost never use in PvE. In long 7-10-15 minute ops boss encounters I actually want to have my Grav Round/Tracer Missile to have a cast time, so I don't drain my ammo too quickly, when I need sustained DPS.

So having Run and Gun tied to a melee attack that you only use in PvP anyway is an awesome idea. You can fire off quick abilites in a tight situation in PvP but it doesn't affect damage frequency, when you're fighting at range (where you should always be) both in PvP and PvE.

One quick change, though. I'd welcome the idea to be able to cleanse Force abilities. In fact it is annoying in fps, ops and mainly warzones, where there's an overabundance of Jedi/Sith debuffs. But if we get the ability to cleanse Force, it would only be fair to give the same ability to Scoundrel healers and the ability to cleanse Tech debuffs for Sages. All healer classes should be able to cleanse every type of debuff I reckon.

Pretty sure he said elsewhere that all heal specs should be able to heal all kinds of debuffs. I agree.

And yes, Rocket Punch is the mirror ability of Stockstrike.

Edited by ArchangelLBC

thanks for your support! :D

and yeah, i also agree that all healing specs should be able to cleanse all debuff types. it is a confusing mechanic the way bioware designed it, and would make more sense for all healing specs to be able to actually cleanse the debuffs their allies get

If you are going to suggest changes please take your PvP blinkers off and think how they effect the game as a whole.

Run 'n Gun would require PvE Mercs to be in melee range at all times in order to abuse it, dramatically changing the gameplay for a lot more players than it would help, and also having a huge effect on DPS.

Sorry but Run'n'Gun is overpowered. You get too much mobility and burst for a ranged DPS class.

- change Deguass, a tier 3 box, to the following: Energy Shield has a [50 / 100]% chance to remove all movement-impairing effects when activated and a [50 / 100]% chance to be immune to all movement-impairing effects for the duration of Energy Shield

Jesus Christ, you are asking for a hydraulic overrides on a ranged class? You serious? I can get the shield with the 2 different set bonuses to 15 seconds, haha, i got damage reduction and immunity to every root and knockback for 15 seconds.

- change Cure Mind, a tier 5 box to the following: Cure now removes negative mental AND FORCE effects and heals the target for X

Holy Raptor Jesus. You are asking for an universal cleanse??? How about some weaknesses? Sorc healers being vulnerable to tech debuffs while ops and mercs being vulnerable to force debuffs. And you suddenly want to be able to eliminate any debuffs in game with just one spamable cleanse?

After terrible suggestions like these, i don't know who has no clue about mercs balance, you or bioware. Dude, you are heavily biased in favor of your merc. You are basically asking it to be OP instead of balanced. It's the same as if I, a sniper would be asking to get stealth scan and passive stealth detection +3.

Edited by NoTomorrow

If you are going to suggest changes please take your PvP blinkers off and think how they effect the game as a whole.

Run 'n Gun would require PvE Mercs to be in melee range at all times in order to abuse it, dramatically changing the gameplay for a lot more players than it would help, and also having a huge effect on DPS.

huh? rocket punch is a melee ability. Run and Gun wouldnt increase the rate of fire for Tracer Missile, Power Shot, or Fusion Missile (all 1.5s casts = 1 GCD). PvE DPS would lose nothing by not using it, and gain nothing by using it.

the only possible major effect Run and Gun would have is for a Bodyguard merc (3 Rapid Scan instants), which would allow them to get 3 heals out quicker (1.5s instead of 2s). this would have an adverse effect on heat management tho. but Merc healers are already fine in PvE, and wouldnt need to use Run and Gun; they would be 100% fine without it.

Sorry but Run'n'Gun is overpowered. You get too much mobility and burst for a ranged DPS class.

Run and Gun would ONLY be gainable from Rocket Punch, which means we are in melee range. which is where we need the most help, we cant do crap against melee opponents right now. and Run and Gun *DOES NOT* increase the rate of fire or the damage of Tracer Missile, Fusion Missile, or Power Shot. it functions the exact same as Power Surge, but allows the use of 3 abilities rather than 1.

Jesus Christ, you are asking for a hydraulic overrides on a ranged class? You serious? I can get the shield with the 2 different set bonuses to 15 seconds, haha, i got damage reduction and immunity to every root and knockback for 15 seconds.

Hydraulic Overrides

Instant

Cooldown: 30s

Grants 8 seconds of immunity from movement-impairing effects, knockdowns and physics and increases movement speed by 30%.

What i have suggested for Pyrotech is to allow immunity to ROOTS AND SLOWS (movement impairing effects). you would still be susceptible to knockdowns and physics effects, and would receive no movement speed increase. so explain to me how i am asking for Hydraulic Overrides?

and if you are taking the armor set bonuses for the Energy Shield duration as a DPS class, you are doing it very very wrong.

Holy Raptor Jesus. You are asking for an universal cleanse??? How about some weaknesses? Sorc healers being vulnerable to tech debuffs while ops and mercs being vulnerable to force debuffs. And you suddenly want to be able to eliminate any debuffs in game with just one spamable cleanse?

if you have even read TWO POSTS ABOVE YOURS you would have seen that i have been suggesting that change for ALL HEALERS. limiting what debuffs can be cured to only certain healing classes is a very clunky mechanic, and it would make life much better for healers if they could reliably cure debuffs from their allies.

After terrible suggestions like these, i don't know who has no clue about mercs balance, you or bioware. Dude, you are heavily biased in favor of your merc. You are basically asking it to be OP instead of balanced. It's the same as if I, a sniper would be asking to get stealth scan and passive stealth detection +3.

pull your head out of the sand please. you offered no logical arguments against any of my suggestions other than "OH SWEET JESUS THAT WOULD BE SOOOOOOOO OVERPOWERED!!!11!!!". stealth scan? passive stealth detection is already wicked high, dont think you need any help with that. just open your eyes.

before you post again, i suggest you read some of the thread. every single change i proposed focuses on utility and mobility enhancement. Merc is at the bottom of list, by a significant margin, in each of those categories right now.

huh? rocket punch is a melee ability. Run and Gun wouldnt increase the rate of fire for Tracer Missile, Power Shot, or Fusion Missile (all 1.5s casts = 1 GCD). PvE DPS would lose nothing by not using it, and gain nothing by using it.

the only possible major effect Run and Gun would have is for a Bodyguard merc (3 Rapid Scan instants), which would allow them to get 3 heals out quicker (1.5s instead of 2s). this would have an adverse effect on heat management tho. but Merc healers are already fine in PvE, and wouldnt need to use Run and Gun; they would be 100% fine without it.

With all those buffs, you are basically asking to be able to fully DPS as a ranged turret class WHILE BEING FULLY MOBILE everytime a melee gets in your range. Tracer, Tracer, Tracer, Heat Seaker. Jeez, would you like snipers to be able to always instacast snipes, FT and ambushes? This is not how you balance a ranged DPS class. You give them activation abilities for the other classes to have a chance to escape LoS you.

Run and Gun would ONLY be gainable from Rocket Punch, which means we are in melee range. which is where we need the most help, we cant do crap against melee opponents right now. and Run and Gun *DOES NOT* increase the rate of fire or the damage of Tracer Missile, Fusion Missile, or Power Shot. it functions the exact same as Power Surge, but allows the use of 3 abilities rather than 1.

Your problems with melee, do not warrant you to be a fully instacast ranged DPS machine. I don't care about the fact that it is the same 1,5 seconds between abilities. It's a front loaded, uninterruptable damage. Any damage of this sort must have previous activation set-up abilities: like insta cast heat seaker AFTER your tracers. You are looking for a wrong solution against melee classes.

What you really need is not more instacast damage abilities but those that put distance between you and melee, or protect you from leaps and pulls. In this case i would make the merc being immune to leaps while his shield is on.

Hydraulic Overrides

Instant

Cooldown: 30s

Grants 8 seconds of immunity from movement-impairing effects, knockdowns and physics and increases movement speed by 30%.

What i have suggested for Pyrotech is to allow immunity to ROOTS AND SLOWS (movement impairing effects). you would still be susceptible to knockdowns and physics effects, and would receive no movement speed increase. so explain to me how i am asking for Hydraulic Overrides?

and if you are taking the armor set bonuses for the Energy Shield duration as a DPS class, you are doing it very very wrong.

knockdowns are part of resolve. that thing is already covered. Immunity to roots and slows for the entire duration is ridiculous and stupid, force speed gives only 2 sec immunity. Hydraulic overrides is already quite high up in the tree.

And the set bonus is wrong? What is wrong is that you will give that shield with all those immunities for 15 sec basically every minute with the pyro talent.

if you have even read TWO POSTS ABOVE YOURS you would have seen that i have been suggesting that change for ALL HEALERS. limiting what debuffs can be cured to only certain healing classes is a very clunky mechanic, and it would make life much better for healers if they could reliably cure debuffs from their allies.

pull your head out of the sand please. you offered no logical arguments against any of my suggestions other than "OH SWEET JESUS THAT WOULD BE SOOOOOOOO OVERPOWERED!!!11!!!". stealth scan? passive stealth detection is already wicked high, dont think you need any help with that. just open your eyes.

before you post again, i suggest you read some of the thread. every single change i proposed focuses on utility and mobility enhancement. Merc is at the bottom of list, by a significant margin, in each of those categories right now.

There should be no universal cleanses. PERIOD. You are going to ruin more than you can manage. It will make healers completely OP and easy mode faceroll class. As a sorc i know i can take on ops and mercs. As an operative i know i can use my tech debuffs on sorcs. It was done on purpose and it will never ever change, especially for spammable ability like cleanse which basically has a very short CD

Your original post is enough to see that you are heavily biased without any intentions to actually make a balanced game. I don't see any reasons to read anything else as you don't even intend to re-edit your original post. You keep into those terrible ideas which they frankly deserve bashing.

Edited by NoTomorrow

With all those buffs, you are basically asking to be able to fully DPS as a ranged turret class WHILE BEING FULLY MOBILE everytime a melee gets in your range. Tracer, Tracer, Tracer, Heat Seaker. Jeez, would you like snipers to be able to always instacast snipes, FT and ambushes? This is not how you balance a ranged DPS class. You give them activation abilities for the other classes to have a chance to escape LoS you.

If you want to compare Snipers to Commandos, let me put a few things out there:

1. Snap Shot makes Snipe instant every 6 seconds. Laze Target gives 100% crit chance on Snipe.

2. Snipe and Series of Shots can proc Reactive Shot that reduces the cast time of Ambush by 1 second.

3. Followthrough is already instant. In fact it is the fastest skill in the game to the point that it always allows you to hit enemies that you've killed with Snipe or Ambush. You can sometimes hit dead enemies killed by others but no other skill allows you hit an enemy that you yourself have killed (e.g. You can't Impale enemies killed with Voltaic Slash)

4. Cover Screen gives you a 20% ranged defense for 6 seconds that you can refresh (incidentally) every 6 seconds.

So as a full MM Sniper what I do is:

1. Laze Target and Snap Shot for auto-crit, insta-Snipe

2. 1,5 sec Ambush with Reactive Shield procced by Laze Target

3. Get up, use Followthrough on the move and displace to a position with no LoS issues.

4. Take cover again, 6 seconds have elapsed, insta-Snipe again

5. Rinse and repeat (if Snipe doesn't proc Reactive Shot again, then use Series of Shots instead of Ambush)

This not only allows you to have an instant Snipe every 6 seconds but you get a pretty much permanent 20% ranged defense bonus. Not too shabby I'd say. So as you can see Snipers ARE very much mobile in MM spec. I move to a new position every 6 seconds.

Edited by CommanderKeeva