Lag Hacks

Mindwreck

Just like to say all hacking vids i've seen its the imps doing it just sayin

I guess that depends on your server... on mine it is the republic... although I have started to see a rise in some imps doing it on our server... feed back is they are doing it out of desperation... so it is a more level playing field... this is sad as it only increases the amount of hacking in the game

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This morning I was in the new WZ, cant think of its name atm. Imps grabbed our pylon after the first explosion and recap. Everyone was pissed there was no call out...so the next explosion, I went and capped our pylon and stayed to guard. I have three monitors, and was positioned to look DIRECTLY at the pylon and the Imp ramp to the distance on the left. I did not turn away, I did not check my **** feed, I did not sip my coffee or get up to adjust my junk. I looked DIRECTLY at the pylon. Maybe 25 seconds into the cycle, BAM all of a sudden it capped for the imps. NO IMP IN SIGHT BEFORE OR AFTER at the pylon. No stealth/unstealth, no attack on me, no retreat after cap. NOTHING. Just a ghost cap, and we lost of course. What the hell was that if not a hack?

On the Voidstar a bit ago the Imps got the datacore after only the first set of blastdoors.

That is possible if either team goes into the WZ with less than the full amount of players and there are no more people in the PVP queue to fill the team. Sometimes the game determines that the team with less wins or the other way... not sure what the prerequisite is.

I've noticed this. I have seen the speed hack, so I know that's in game. And the stand in the center ball holder thingy in hutt ball and they track sideways back to towards their starting area when they jump out. Not sure what the purpose of that is.

That's what happens when someone loads into the warzone - the game puts them in the center of the map until they actually load up the map themselves, and then for some reason the slide accross the screen.

Watch very closely at the beginning of every huttball match - you'll see your own teammates doing the same thing. Look out into your pit, it'll look like some people are running around down there - but they're not.

On the Voidstar a bit ago the Imps got the datacore after only the first set of blastdoors.

If they successfully defended and didn't allow your team to get past the first set of doors, and then when they were on attack they managed to get past the first set of doors, then they automatically win. It's the way that wz works.

This morning I was in the new WZ, cant think of its name atm. Imps grabbed our pylon after the first explosion and recap. Everyone was pissed there was no call out...so the next explosion, I went and capped our pylon and stayed to guard. I have three monitors, and was positioned to look DIRECTLY at the pylon and the Imp ramp to the distance on the left. I did not turn away, I did not check my **** feed, I did not sip my coffee or get up to adjust my junk. I looked DIRECTLY at the pylon. Maybe 25 seconds into the cycle, BAM all of a sudden it capped for the imps. NO IMP IN SIGHT BEFORE OR AFTER at the pylon. No stealth/unstealth, no attack on me, no retreat after cap. NOTHING. Just a ghost cap, and we lost of course. What the hell was that if not a hack?

People had reasonable explanations for the other possible hack scenario's...anyone can explain this one?

there's a team stealth glitch. it happened to me in pve several times with my operative friend. you'll come out of team stealth but still be invisible.

no doubt someone knows how to trigger it deliberately, as ive seen stuff like this happen a few times

• 2 weeks later...
So much ignorance of how network communications actually work going on in this thread.

Someone using a 'lag switch' would not benefit from it. The game would rubber band you back to the position you were at when you re-sync. Using it to avoid envrionmental damage or 'pass the ball after dieing' would not work either - these are things that the server controls. If the server thinks your dead, it automatically handles the ball being transferred, and any packets from a lagged client saying "Hey I'm passing the ball" are ignored (Server: Lol nope, you're dead son). Claims of this happening could be from passes being mid-air while the carrier dies (and could also be combined with the known bug of the pass circle not showing up, but rewatching this on video will clearly show the beacon of light over the carrier disappearing before they die, showing a pass).

Similarly, lagging yourself out in a fire trap would not help as the server would know where you are and still apply the damage, and your death.

Also, the 'lag attack' that you guys commonly see, the one which affects your framerates, is occured by the server loading a new instance of the warzone for another group of players. This has been noticed if you are the center of huttball at the time, you'll see a bunch of nametags pop up for a few seconds during the lag, then disappear. It also shows up in Novare, right in the center of the map where the speed boost is. Your client is loading, and then unloading the profiles of all these players. Why the system bothers sending this information to a completely different instance is just another case of this game's horribly inefficient coding.

Source: I'm a coder on an MMORPG Project.

TL;DR I am a coder for an MMO. There is no possible way for these things to happen. Let me continue to exploit the game to win and be awesome!

Funny, never had issues when those "red name tapes and people running all weird to the goal line in Huttball" before.. infact.. I still dont. Considering all other provided throughout this thread, I am taking everything you just splurglorded with a grain of salt.

Source: You're the reason these games are flawed!

Edited by AnteJeebuz

in order to speed things up because everyone hates voidstar apparently

if the round 2 attacking team gets as far or farther than the round 1 attacking team in a shorter amount of time, the game ends abruptly

Thank god. I remember when you had to sit through the entire timer -_-;

TL;DR I am a coder for an MMO. There is no possible way for these things to happen.

Source: You're the reason these games are flawed!

I thought it was the MMO coder's that made these games... not the players???

So your reasoning is wrong... it's the MMO coder's fault for not doing their Job properly...

Once again someone putting the blame on another for not doing their job right...

You only need to watch the video proof and go to the websites dedicated to hacking to see that it is real and does happen...

Maybe ignoring what's in front of you is a prerequisite for being a MMO coder... that would explain why the hacks haven't been fixed

One of them supposedly has something to do with hitting printscreen repeatedly

That's why they disabled printscreen in 1.3....like disabled it to the point that if swtor is running at all and you're alt-tabbed out, print screen doesn't work on your desktop or if you're taking a screenshot of an email or whatever. Pretty annoying. I use fraps for in-game screenshots, but if I need to take a screenshot of something else while the game is open, I have to quit, take the screen, then relaunch swtor. Again, pretty annoying.

That's why they disabled printscreen in 1.3....like disabled it to the point that if swtor is running at all and you're alt-tabbed out, print screen doesn't work on your desktop or if you're taking a screenshot of an email or whatever. Pretty annoying. I use fraps for in-game screenshots, but if I need to take a screenshot of something else while the game is open, I have to quit, take the screen, then relaunch swtor. Again, pretty annoying.

I can still use print screen to take screenshots.

I can still use print screen to take screenshots.

I think it might be multiple screenshots in succession. I was trying to take a bunch of screenshots of my toons for a legacy collage, but after taking 3 I'd have to quit game and reload.