1.6 Initial Gearing

DarthBama

I finally got my last piece of Battlemaster last night, and I am finished buying equipment until 1.6 hits. Let's say that WH costs what BM costs and AWH costs what WH costs now. If one enters 1.6 with capped comms, what's the most effective combination of items to purchase when 1.6 goes live? I'm a Sage if that plays into the answer.

I would say go for main hand and off-hand elite war hero first and foremost (total 4000 rwc)

Then with ur normal comms just buy whatever WH pieces give you the most upgrades in stats. iirc earpiece, chest and gloves were all good pieces to get for consular. However, before you get disappointed, people in full warhero still get hit for the same numbers as people in BM so dont expect to become godlike or anything, player skill and class still count for far more than gear. So, maximising your damage/healing is the best way to survive really!

I would say go for main hand and off-hand elite war hero first and foremost (total 4000 rwc)

Then with ur normal comms just buy whatever WH pieces give you the most upgrades in stats. iirc earpiece, chest and gloves were all good pieces to get for consular. However, before you get disappointed, people in full warhero still get hit for the same numbers as people in BM so dont expect to become godlike or anything, player skill and class still count for far more than gear. So, maximising your damage/healing is the best way to survive really!

Try closer to 7000 rWZ comms plus the WH counterpart. The EWH MH/OH will be the old price of the WH ones not the current 2k rWZ comms with no trade in. The reason they changed the price was they didn't want the new PvE weapons to become BiS while we waited for the new set.

For my Shadow I am personally getting the EWH main hand , an EWH Boundless Ages relic and a WH boundless ages.

I finally got my last piece of Battlemaster last night, and I am finished buying equipment until 1.6 hits. Let's say that WH costs what BM costs and AWH costs what WH costs now. If one enters 1.6 with capped comms, what's the most effective combination of items to purchase when 1.6 goes live? I'm a Sage if that plays into the answer.

Well since you are at BM Spending the ranked comms(trading them in for regular comms) on WH gear seems kinda like a waste. Here is my plan,

EWH Ear

EWH Implant x2

WH Gloves

You will have 225 Ranked left over. Also you could NOT turn in your weekly and daily, so when 1.6 hits you can buy the stuff above, then turn the daily/weekly in for an additional 400 ranked/400 regs. Then you can trade in the ranked comms and buy another WH piece as long as it is less than 1025 comms..

I was doing the math last night....:)

Yeah and you don't have to wait to get your WH weapons because those are not changing.

Yeah they are changing.... WH weapons will only cost 1550 normal comms instead of 3475 Ranked Comms as it does now...

So don't buy any WH stuff right now...

Yeah they are changing.... WH weapons will only cost 1550 normal comms instead of 3475 Ranked Comms as it does now...

So don't buy any WH stuff right now...

Do you mean EWH is changing? Right now regular WH are 2K each of warzone comms and the Elite WH are 3400 (or so) ranked.

Do you mean EWH is changing? Right now regular WH are 2K each of warzone comms and the Elite WH are 3400 (or so) ranked.

WH weapons were originally 3475 rWZ comms and a BM weapon. That changed when they released the new tier of PvE gear to to 2K rWZ comms so that the new PvE weapons wouldn't be the best you could get for PvP.

Once 1.6 goes live the EWH weapons will be the original price of WH weapons, 3475 rWZ comms plus the previous tiers corresponding weapon. The WH weapons will be 1550 WZ comms. You can see the full price list in the link in my post above.

No... I mean WH is changing.....

Currently, you still need ranked comms to buy a WH MH/OH... In 1.6, you won't..

The only thing they did in 1.4 was reduce the cost of WH MH/OH from 3475 to 2000 ranked comms. Why spend ranked comms now on something that will cost regular comms when 1.6 hits?:cool:

Sorry for the confusion, I forgot they reduced the ranked comm price (I already had mine)...

Edited by L-RANDLE

Seems weird that they are leaving the EWH mainhand and offhand as their current prices, considering these are the pieces of gear that make the biggest difference. Sort of hinders the whole point of closing the gear gap

Here's hoping they lower the price to match current WH prices.

Seems weird that they are leaving the EWH mainhand and offhand as their current prices, considering these are the pieces of gear that make the biggest difference. Sort of hinders the whole point of closing the gear gap

Here's hoping they lower the price to match current WH prices.

The difference between EWH and WH is even more minor that the difference between BM and WH now, so its not a big deal. Some of the stat trades are atrocious on some pieces.

e.g. WH gloves have power and surge and are BiS for me, going to EWH gloves, I now get accuracy(lol) and crit.. Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot... Now, I have to buy a different piece to get the "right" trade in.

I wish they would get rid of the trade-in requirement all together, since it might change in the next patch anyway:rolleyes:... (*cough , cough bumpity *cough, cough).

Here is a list of the items and the costs...

http://dulfy.net/2012/11/20/swtor-patch-1-6-elite-war-hero-pvp-gear/

The only thing I worry about is those poor souls that have to live in recruit while getting there WH gear.

Edit.... LOL...

Edited by L-RANDLE