Dark vs. Light Event?

GreyArchivist

I just came back after about 4 years or so, I think- and when I last played, there was an event going on that was insanely fun imo. Dark vs. Light. Where you would make a new character, and reach certain milestones on them during the event to earn rewards. Has that been done again since? And will it be done again in the future? I really really loved that event, I'd love to see it come back.

It hasn't and won't be.

When they merged the servers many went over the character cap for their server and can't make new characters without purchasing a LOT of char slots.

EG. Beregin Colony and Harbinger merged, I had a char cap of roughly 40 toons per server but had 40 on each. Those 80 characters on the 2 servers merged together. Now I have 80/40 on Satele Shan and would have to purchase 41 slots just to create one new toon.

It hasn't and won't be.

When they merged the servers many went over the character cap for their server and can't make new characters without purchasing a LOT of char slots.

EG. Beregin Colony and Harbinger merged, I had a char cap of roughly 40 toons per server but had 40 on each. Those 80 characters on the 2 servers merged together. Now I have 80/40 on Satele Shan and would have to purchase 41 slots just to create one new toon.

Firstly, you're saying because YOU, have this issue, we should all not enjoy the event? lots of people are nowhere near the character cap, and don't have this issue.

Secondly, I'm sure they could provide people with a free character slot for the event if they decided to bring it back, and a large portion of the swotr population could not participate for this reason.

Thirdly, there are ways around any problem. Making a blanket statement assuming, that, well, cause some people have an insane number of characters, we can't have an event many of us loved. this is ridiculous.

Fourthly, if some people can't participate, um tough?

Edited by srtyab

Firstly, you're saying because YOU, have this issue, we should all not enjoy the event? lots of people are nowhere near the character cap, and don't have this issue.

Secondly, I'm sure they could provide people with a free character slot for the event if they decided to bring it back, and a large portion of the swotr population could not participate for this reason.

Thirdly, there are ways around any problem. Making a blanket statement assuming, that, well, cause some people have an insane number of characters, we can't have an event many of us loved. this is ridiculous.

A lot of people are in the same position and also its 2 char slots needed at least (one pub, one imp).

They'd have to give me 43 char slots for 2 to stick and others much more than that. (Some had 100 per server).

They won't purposely run an event people can't participate in.

I also very much enjoyed the event and did it on 2 servers but mergers messed up character slots badly. They never rectified this. I'd love to buy more but im not gunna spend over 25k CC in one hit just to get another slot or 2 :/ that's crazy expensive.

I also really enjoyed the event, but as others, i'm maxed out on characters and can't really delete them, so if they bring the event back, i think it'd have to be feasible with our already existing characters and not have to create new ones for this.

You can buy character slot with credits from the GTN .

Slots are about 20 million each at the moment (on starforge), and that's cheap, they can go up to 40 when they are limited. The recent sale filled the market, but they never really went below 20 mill, or when they did, they were snapped up quickly.

Slots are about 20 million each at the moment (on starforge), and that's cheap, they can go up to 40 when they are limited. The recent sale filled the market, but they never really went below 20 mill, or when they did, they were snapped up quickly.

nothing is cheap on Starforge right now lolol

Back when the event was launched I thoroughly enjoyed it as well! I'd love to see it make a return, I had hoped it would have been run again this summer but perhaps the devs will consider running it somewhere in 2020! Especially now that there's a lot more new story content post KotET, they could add extra milestones and such.

So yes, please, I'd love to see the Dark vs Light event return again!

A lot of people are in the same position and also its 2 char slots needed at least (one pub, one imp).

They'd have to give me 43 char slots for 2 to stick and others much more than that. (Some had 100 per server).

They won't purposely run an event people can't participate in.

I also very much enjoyed the event and did it on 2 servers but mergers messed up character slots badly. They never rectified this. I'd love to buy more but im not gunna spend over 25k CC in one hit just to get another slot or 2 :/ that's crazy expensive.

Yea it is, hundreds of dollars, which obviously it'd be crazy to ask that of anyone. I'm just wondering if they could have reserved slots, for dark vs. light toons, like free slots just for the event. That way everyone could participate. It just sucks that, that event was the only way to get heirloom gear.

They could also design a new event around toons that have already been made. I've heard they're looking at options, but don't have any clear idea yet. We will see.

that event was the only way to get heirloom gear.

are you talking about the lightsabers? they were cartel market items. they may have been out around the same time, but i didn't think they were tied to the event? But being CM items, there's a chance they'll appear again

are you talking about the lightsabers? they were cartel market items. they may have been out around the same time, but i didn't think they were tied to the event? But being CM items, there's a chance they'll appear again

She/he may be taking about the leveling gear you got when you reached a certain tier. Again, they could put that on the CM since they do that for a lot of things now, including the HK companion. It would make sense.

It hasn't and won't be.

Fate has punished me in this circumstance.

I took a long break off game after 5.0 iirc, and then I think that's when LvD event happened. I missed it. lol. So, of course the one event I missed won't be on eternal repeat like awful events like Rak Ghoulz, Bounty Boards, etc.

I think they accidentally deleted the DvL event files, I mean they ALWAYS repeat content! Why would they decide to suddenly not repeat one event, when EVERY other one gets repeated over time?

Edited by Lhancelot

I took a long break off game after 5.0 iirc, and then I think that's when LvD event happened. I missed it. lol. So, of course the one event I missed won't be on eternal repeat like awful events like Rak Ghoulz, Bounty Boards, etc.

I think they accidentally deleted the DvL event files, I mean they ALWAYS repeat content! Why would they decide to suddenly not repeat one event, when EVERY other one gets repeated over time?

I already said why in my original post.

The mergers made a mess of many peoples charcter slots due to chars from multiple servers being merged together, putting people well over the charcter cap for their server.

The event requires you to create new characters to participate which many are unable to do.

Edited by Suzsi

So what I'm hearing is- everyone enjoyed it, but some people feel they wouldn't be able to participate due to character slot restrictions.

Perhaps if the event were to run, we could be given two event character slots? Across the board, not just for those who are maxed out? Or maybe the the option similar to what Diablo seasons do, and "rebirth" our characters? As in, choose a character you've maxed, to reset to one?

What would you guys think about that? My inquiring organ wants to know.

If you completed the Dark Vs Light Event then you are at or over the character limit. That was one of the requirements to get 1 new character to level 50 in each class Get one Republic and on Imperial through KOTFE That was an extra 10 toons there.

It was a once of, was designed to be a once off. I don't know if they could do it again, as we've all the new content to add to it too. PLus, as people have said, the character slots problem. Don't forget, the chevin event was also a once off, that was never repeated. And even when the rakghoul event came back, it had to be changed.

I think if everyone enjoyed it, it's not an unreasonable thing to request. It likely wouldn't be as time consuming as actual new content, and adds a ton of replayability to a game already quite full of that.

It's something I'd like to see the devs (love you guys :D) to at least consider!:rak_04:

I remember a TON of people complaining about the event.

"I have to do all this old content again just to get X rewards?"

Companions

DVL XP armor

Free CM packs

Taking 8 brand new toons all the way through to completion of their vanilla story....

I did it because I wanted at least the first 3 pieces of the armor.

I think there are more people in this thread who say they liked it than ever was on the forum when it was actually in progress.

Edited by Darev

So what I'm hearing is- everyone enjoyed it, but some people feel they wouldn't be able to participate due to character slot restrictions.

Perhaps if the event were to run, we could be given two event character slots? Across the board, not just for those who are maxed out? Or maybe the the option similar to what Diablo seasons do, and "rebirth" our characters? As in, choose a character you've maxed, to reset to one?

What would you guys think about that? My inquiring organ wants to know.

Resetting them back to one and doing away with their gear? Nope. All mine at 75 and have fairly good gear (though it can be improved). Don't mind resetting them but losing the gear.......No way.