View Single Post

TACeMossie
03.15.2014 , 10:28 PM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by MulletManTim View Post
From a strictly PVE DPS standpoint, I would prefer to see better resource management for Assault spec. Admittedly, some of the resource issues are caused by the 2% alacrity boost messing with the 6 second CD of Ionic Accelerator and forcing us to throw extra abilities in to proc IA which ultimately leads to more ammo usage than the 2% alacrity boost helps recover. But I think that having a talent that lowered the ammo cost of Ion Pulse and Stock Strike by a bit would help over the course of a boss fight more than slightly increasing the up front damage to Assault Plastique or even a weak buff to the DOTs would give. I would imagine that this would close the gap to some of the other DPS classes more than boosting damage to a single ability because it would allow us to spam Hammer Shot less and use Ion Pulse more.
Sadly, your too late for the questions. However, we did come to this conclusion. For now, we've left it at "The difference between assault and tactics is good, but the fact that the damage is 10-15% behind the good DPS specs means quite a few raid groups might descriminate against us"

and another question is about stats being bad for certain specs, especially alacrity on Assault Spec.

BTW I jokingly made a 4/20/22 spec, and if Battering Ram procced for each stockstrike it was about 3% stronger than full assault - Cause thats what happens when you dont need rapid shots :P