will revan and satele shan ever meet?

-Swag-

From what I understand, their exact quotes on Revan have basically been 'we'll see'. They have not confirmed he's alive, but they deliberately changed it so you no longer loot his body so that he can be alive if they want to use them again. Personally, I hope they don't. Revan was a great character, but that was when he (or, actually, she) was my character. As a SWTOR character, he's just another deluded fool who's been driven mad by the Empire. What's so interesting about him? Nothing, save for we once played as him (or her). So why don't we just replay KOTOR when we want to and let Revan stay in peace?

(Also, ironically, the angry posts in the first part of this thread got it wrong- Aveline was in full support of Revan as a woman, and that's why Atton will initially assume Revan was a she. LucasArts, however, wanted their standard male protagonist. I'm still surprised Exile made it out as female.)

To be blunt, there's not much they can do with him. Obviously, he can't get revenge on the Emperor: that's the story for the SWTOR Player Characters, specifically the Jedi Knight. He also can't be anything too obvious that invalidates the Empire characters who did their best to kill him. So what does that leave? Either Revan becomes yet another quest giver sending you out to find five Imperial codes off some imp bodies, or he becomes a raid mob hunted down in a operation at max level. Those... aren't what I'd like to see Revan be, to be honest. Maybe he did fold space, but I'd rather he got away to an era far away from SWTOR and our characters.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Also, ironically, the angry posts in the first part of this thread got it wrong- Aveline was in full support of Revan as a woman, and that's why Atton will initially assume Revan was a she. LucasArts, however, wanted their standard male protagonist. I'm still surprised Exile made it out as female.)

I imagine Revan being a man has less to do with Lucasarts needing all protagonists to be male, and more to do with allowing them to make the Grand Jedi Master his and Bastilla's descendant. If you look back, Bastilla was the most recurring character in KOTOR's promotional material, and the most pivotal party member in the plot. Making Revan male allows them to make the Satele Shan character, and place another link between TOR and KOTOR.

• 2 months later...

As far as I am concerned they need to leave Revan the hell alone, there is nothing further they could do with him that won't piss KoTOR players, like me, off more, it's bad enough that Revan and the Exile got canonized.

My Revan is a female dark sider and always will be. >.>

Obviously, he can't get revenge on the Emperor: that's the story for the SWTOR Player Characters, specifically the Jedi Knight.

Sorry, but you are misinformed.

When you complete the Sith Warrior storyline, you get a mail from someone that talks about a Jedi coming and attempting to destroy the Emperor. In all actuality, its not the Emperor, but rather the Voice of the Emperor.

Sorry, but you are misinformed.

When you complete the Sith Warrior storyline, you get a mail from someone that talks about a Jedi coming and attempting to destroy the Emperor. In all actuality, its not the Emperor, but rather the Voice of the Emperor.

I can't believe I'm still seeing this clarification after all this time.

Why is there so many non believers? AFTER LIKE LVL 30 SOMETHING, can't remember.

You and a few others team up go to Revan's hovel in space and eventually destroy his highly advance HK-47 Assassin droid and best friend, and then face off with Revan himself. Of course he will put up a valiant fight and then soon draw his last breath and become one with the force. end of story.

For those non believers, GET OVER IT!

Ok, take this with a huge grain of salt, it's not meant to be serious. What if, when and if, revan "folded space",something went screwy. He discorporated but was aware for millenia. Then along comes Darth Plageious(sp) and he starts screwing around with the Midichlorians. Revan senses this, and knows the Dark side is growing too strong, so he takes matters into his own hands. When Darth P. started screwing around again, Revan decided to sacrifice himself fully by infusing his essence into......Shmi Skywalkers unborn child. Thus giving him(the child) an unheard of degree of force power and tinkering ability. Sure, Revan is gone as far as an entity, but his power lives on and he helps bring balance back to the force. :D

This is just meant as amusement, nothing more. Would be cool though.

From what I understand, their exact quotes on Revan have basically been 'we'll see'. They have not confirmed he's alive, but they deliberately changed it so you no longer loot his body so that he can be alive if they want to use them again. Personally, I hope they don't. Revan was a great character, but that was when he (or, actually, she) was my character. As a SWTOR character, he's just another deluded fool who's been driven mad by the Empire. What's so interesting about him? Nothing, save for we once played as him (or her). So why don't we just replay KOTOR when we want to and let Revan stay in peace?

To be blunt, there's not much they can do with him. Obviously, he can't get revenge on the Emperor: that's the story for the SWTOR Player Characters, specifically the Jedi Knight. He also can't be anything too obvious that invalidates the Empire characters who did their best to kill him. So what does that leave? Either Revan becomes yet another quest giver sending you out to find five Imperial codes off some imp bodies, or he becomes a raid mob hunted down in a operation at max level. Those... aren't what I'd like to see Revan be, to be honest. Maybe he did fold space, but I'd rather he got away to an era far away from SWTOR and our characters.

I don't want to see his character diminished further either.

I guess since they basically made him into my exact version of Revan (same every playthrough: male, light side, romances and redeems Bastila) I have a stronger attachment to the character than most.

Edited by Kain_Turinbar

Ok, take this with a huge grain of salt, it's not meant to be serious. What if, when and if, revan "folded space",something went screwy. He discorporated but was aware for millenia. Then along comes Darth Plageious(sp) and he starts screwing around with the Midichlorians. Revan senses this, and knows the Dark side is growing too strong, so he takes matters into his own hands. When Darth P. started screwing around again, Revan decided to sacrifice himself fully by infusing his essence into......Shmi Skywalkers unborn child. Thus giving him(the child) an unheard of degree of force power and tinkering ability. Sure, Revan is gone as far as an entity, but his power lives on and he helps bring balance back to the force. :D

This is just meant as amusement, nothing more. Would be cool though.

Pretty this is what happened

Something everyone seems to be ignoring is what Revan says when you beat him in the FP Revan quoted Malak's final words and remarked that he finally understood how his friend had felt so many years ago on the Star Forge those lines pretty much points out that he is accepting his death and becoming one with the force.

Something everyone seems to be ignoring is what Revan says when you beat him in the FP Revan quoted Malak's final words and remarked that he finally understood how his friend had felt so many years ago on the Star Forge those lines pretty much points out that he is accepting his death and becoming one with the force.

And it's about time he did too. :D

I think Revan and Satele meeting would be far more interesting than anything they've done with him up to this point. He could always find his cult on Dromund Kaas and start a hippie force commune somewhere. I don't imagine anyone has a taste for fighting the same fight for centuries.