Anyone still here from the prelaunch days?

GamewizX

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just curious who is still here from the pre-launch days... I haven't visited these forums in forever and just recently canceled my TOR subscription. So before it expires I'm just curious if there are any veterans left.

I'm still here from 2009...or 08....you know what i mean. :D

I am here, but only till my subscription runs its course. I am from ORDII, one of its founding members in fact. I just cancelled my subscription, I had to think it over for about a week, and I tried to give them feedback. I did actually copy my statement in my cancellation. I hope someone reads it, but then, even if they did, what good will it do? I have never tried to sound bitter about a game, but I suspect the ship is currently rudderless. There is no one out front (at least visably) leading this ship. Anyway, here is what I gave to SWTOR in my cancellation feedback box. Does anyone else agree? Disagree?

I am sorry. I have stayed on with SWTOR despite the ups and sadly the downs. I love this game, but there just isn't anything else to do for someone who enjoys the storyline. I can't see the endgame raids when there is no one raiding. My guild has fallen apart, and all of my real life friends have left the game months ago.

I want to leave the game while I still like it and hope something draws me back. However, one can only repeatedly play the same content so much . And not to sound bitter; I have watched SWTOR break it's word over and over and over about new content... it's coming.... soon (that is a relative term, and frankly I am sick of it, not just in SWTOR, but industrywide.)

I know you're a victim of your hype train, that what you promised didn't quite turn out and that you are trying to fix it, which is why I stayed on so long, but I keep seeing something akin to rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Player loss is beyond staggering, the community has left. My friends have left and frankly, given EA's lack of support, my heart has left this game I so, so wanted to love.

I know this is not especially wonderful feedback, but I don't know what to say that isn't unrealistic at this point. I would really like to see someone that remains at Bioware stand up and TELL US what in the hell is happening, give us some firm idea what is coming other than some nebulus 'well, we will give you more content every six weeks.' We don't even know what "content" means. That is to say; why would I risk my money on a company that, quite frankly, has brought no new real content to the game in 5 months.

Maybe under new leadership things will turn around. I have despised what forum trolls have done to this game, the bad mouthing, wishing for failure to give them some sort of vindication. I don't wish that for SWTOR, I just want it fixed so I might come back and fall in love all over again. But until then, I just can't give you any more of my money.

Cheers and God Bless

Im around

I still play ( on Ebon Hawk)

I dont really go to the forums and post because they are a mess now really.

Been here since day one of the forums,

If anyone ever wants to say hey send me a PM some time :)

Edited by Darka

I am... not sure why though.

They even made me rename my character now, a name I had since pre-launch was 3 minutes online. Lame, lame, lame.

I have despised what forum trolls have done to this game, the bad mouthing, wishing for failure to give them some sort of vindication.

It are not the forum trolls that broke this game, it was the fact that Bioware had no experience with pleasing an MMO crowd. The trolls came because the game is lacking, not the other way around.

I agree with the rest of your post, though. IT doesn't look like things are changing. The last few weeks, they upset nearly everyone by handpicking a few guilds to copy to PST and ignore the rest of the players, then they managed to upset people even more by forcing people to rename their characters even when their server didn't change and if that is not enough to crush all fate, the two founders of Bioware left last week.

And that is not even starting about their ''the game is perfect, f2p will solve everything, the two million people that left are wrong and we are right'' attitude.

Edited by Yogol

I am... not sure why though.

They even made me rename my character now, a name I had since pre-launch was 3 minutes online. Lame, lame, lame.

It are not the forum trolls that broke this game, it was the fact that Bioware had no experience with pleasing an MMO crowd. The trolls came because the game is lacking, not the other way around.

I agree with the rest of your post, though. IT doesn't look like things are changing. The last few weeks, they upset nearly everyone by handpicking a few guilds to copy to PST and ignore the rest of the players, then they managed to upset people even more by forcing people to rename their characters even when their server didn't change and if that is not enough to crush all fate, the two founders of Bioware left last week.

And that is not even starting about their ''the game is perfect, f2p will solve everything, the two million people that left are wrong and we are right'' attitude.

EA's finally done it... They were just a lot sneakier about it this time than when they did it to WestWood.... I hate it when I'm right. :(

It must be said. I muse over the fact that the Devs spent so much time listening to the crowd crying out for a non-sandbox game, wanting it to be so much like WoW. This is what you got. The overly vocal fanbois that defended every step of the development of this game, that effectively silenced every single one trying to voice an oppinion, utterly strangled the opportunity to make a truely great Star Wars game, those are the people that got their will through.

I laugh, even though its a laugh I almost choke on. I only play this game since SWG is gone and I cant stand WoW. At least this game have some sort of flavour of Star Wars, not much, but some.

I can not belive that this is what we got instead of SWG, a game that got so much slander on these forums.

Tank, healer dps, no sandbox... that is WoW with sabers, no matter what you say.

Closed beta here ... all present and accounted for. Still having fun, especially now that players are getting used to large populations and opening up with each other. Community is really coming together. I most remember the last night of open beta at the cantina in Dromund Kaas when they were final testing server loads ... wall-to-wall sardined players with lightsabers out counting down to sign-off. There was so much color it crashed my pos PC ... a Kodak moment. :) Edited by GalacticKegger

It must be said. I muse over the fact that the Devs spent so much time listening to the crowd crying out for a non-sandbox game, wanting it to be so much like WoW. This is what you got. The overly vocal fanbois that defended every step of the development of this game, that effectively silenced every single one trying to voice an oppinion, utterly strangled the opportunity to make a truely great Star Wars game, those are the people that got their will through.

I laugh, even though its a laugh I almost choke on. I only play this game since SWG is gone and I cant stand WoW. At least this game have some sort of flavour of Star Wars, not much, but some.

I can not belive that this is what we got instead of SWG, a game that got so much slander on these forums.

Tank, healer dps, no sandbox... that is WoW with sabers, no matter what you say.

Dude (or dudette - who can tell) we got what we got because Bioware said we'd get it with their very first trailer. Fanboi (or any other moniker) might be a tad ... juvenile. Edited by GalacticKegger