Exploits and Galactic Command

EricMusco

Considering that from day 1 of early access there was Bestia farming for CXP, not only with deliberate intent to NOT complete the operation but doing so regardless of what the currently unlocked operation was,

instead of blaming the devs for supposedly being "vague",

players should be owning up to their disgusting hypocrisy around exploiting the game.

Bestia grind is for XP up to level 70. Bestia's adds never gave cxp.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im interested to know what you are going to do about your exploit the one where you tricked people into thinking that achievements were for life and not just for DVL events!

They have already addressed this as a proplem..

Hey folks,

We have been reading the feedback since Tuesday regarding the removal of the Dark vs Light Achievements and we understand the frustration this has caused. With that in mind, we are looking into options for having those Achievements restored in some way (it may not be exactly how they were when you earned them). We should have more details to share next week! We just wanted to ensure that you know we are hearing your frustration around this issue and are looking into solutions.

Thanks!

-eric

Considering that from day 1 of early access there was Bestia farming for CXP, not only with deliberate intent to NOT complete the operation but doing so regardless of what the currently unlocked operation was,

instead of blaming the devs for supposedly being "vague",

players should be owning up to their disgusting hypocrisy around exploiting the game.

Victim blaming....nice approach

Of course since the bestia adds give 0 CXP, you're incorrect. So who else would you like to blame it on other than BW?

When can we expect the galactic command system removed from the game?

Indeed. This expansion was such a mixed bag.

I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the story. Perfection.

I absolutely despise Galactic Command. I am just not into it at all. I am actually avoiding it. I didn't even bother with DvL. I am not going to grind for HUNDREDS of hours. Just not doing it. I will settle for suboptimal gear until 6.0.

instead of building this horrible system, they should have created two new ops, mixed around the gear bosses drop and done what they always have. That was a workable system. Guilds could operate that way. This system is just horrible.

Translation: "Don't break our toy! We know it's crappy, buggy, fragile and unbalanced, but we will be VERY angry if you break it! Don't even breath in it's direction! Or you WILL be punished!" Which we currently ARE. I was ready to give this RNG loot a fair try... Until you went and nerfed in to the ground the only activity in it I enjoyed and that revitalized the day to day gameplay somewhat.

You know what? I'm now of the opinion that it deserves to crush and burn and we ARE better off with the previous loot system. So +1 to removing your "fragile, precious garbage" all together.

OK, so... I have yet to delve into Galactic Command, but people finding the quickest way to reach a very high Command Rank cannot be an issue. Finding the quickest way to reach an objective is the very reason many people play games. Some guy is going to do what the developers intended to take a couple of months in a few days, because that's just what happens. The way to discourage people from doing this is by making sure there are ways to get valuable rewards other than grinding. If grinding is the only way, then sitting down to farm mobs for 12 hours straight suddenly becomes a very appealing, and actually kind of very reasonable, option.

They always intended solo players to advance the slowest through galactic command. But at 10CXP per elite, on the lower level planets and in elite-heavy areas with fast respawn rates, solo players could potentially be advancing the quickest. You could kill twenty elites and get 200 CXP in the span of 3 minutes.

While I don't like this change either, I can see why they made it.

In a game so intensely geared towards solo play, creating a system where solo players can't advance as fast as groups is not the smartest of ideas, I would think.

Edited by Altus_Esterhazy

Captain Obvious told me quitting a game is the simplest method of telling the developers "I do not approve of the design of your game."

IMMEDIATE action is required, PLEASE listen to your playerbase. I have loved this game since before I even started playing by investing in SWTOR with pre-ordering a Collectors Edition. I don't play the lottery in life, and I won't play the gear rewards lottery in a game, EVEN if I love that game.

Look at the facts:

(1) Each cycle of game version has it's good and bad points.

(2) If good rewards outweighs the bad rewards, then investing time playing a game can be more fun than not playing.

(2) People usually live their lives with purpose. Players usually play games with purpose.

(3) I don't want random rewards in life. I don't want random rewards in a game I play.

It's just this simple. Players want to be able to control the rewards they have earned with specificity, NOT randomness.

Eric, sir.... if you and your fellow developers haven't learned this simple truth after all these years, then perhaps your brain isn't working as intended. Please learn to analyze facts.

As a nitpick, I want to control my character to play, not a vehicle, as in chapter 2. I also dislike the scanner in chapter 3. I was so disgusted with the use of the scanner that I quit playing mid-chapter. I might finish the new storyline, but then again I might not.

Since the 5.0 CXP is now "live", I know more about the CXP system, and I'm not wasting my time participating in this system. My sub has been canceled until I can control the rewards of my time invested playing my chosen main character. Bring back the currency system of 4.0 for vendor rewards, the "shell" drop system and weekly priority drop system from Operations bosses, afterwards I'm sure you will watch most of these critical posts about your new system go away just as quickly as they appeared. You can still use the CXP for something, but in it's current state of attaching it to random gear rewards is NOT a good thing. Perhaps if you made CXP legacy across all characters that could appease players somewhat. But CXP for individual characters just begs of super grind, and I am not investing my valuable time with your current CXP gearing grind.

In T3-M4 the first person (world first) has achieved rang 100 in galactic command. I spoke to him yesterday. He told me he needed about 30+ hours for this by hardcore grinding.

I ran with him on wednesday for a time, farming a heroic area on Tatooine. After half an hour I could not stand it any longer and left the raid group. Well, this heroic area farming is no longer possible since last weekends patch.

Now, to get at least to rang 200, for getting some decent HC gear, being able to defeat revan in temple or masterblaster in ravagers would required 60++ hours of gaming time for only ONE char BEFORE the patch, now obviously even much more.

Getting all my eight chars HC raid ready again would required 480++ hours BEFORE the patch, now obviously something around 600 hours of gaming time.

I'm already in the forties, having job, family, other issues as well and can afford an average of 12.5 (10 - 15) gaming hours per week.

600 hours : 12.5 hours/week = 48 week.

@ Musco and devs: ARE YOU NUTS!!!! THIS IS A GAME ... NOT A FULL TIME JOB.

DO YOU REALLY THINK I'M GONNA DO THIS?

I would be finished in almost a year when 6.0 is to be expected and I can again to the same **** again for what? "Great new command rangs up to 600" and "Great new achievements" and .... this is nonsense.

I already ignored the stupidity of this so called Dark vs Light event.

And to all players who now complain but did the event: it is YOU who gave BW the reason for putting even more grinding into the game instead of ignoring this grinding event - and by this showing them a red card.

I will ignore this command system even if it means never ever again getting any char of mine ready for a hc instance, be it flashpoint, operation or anything else requirnig gear better than 220/224.

And sooner or later I will even ignore this game.

Point.

Give reason to this. Give tokens back to operation bosses. Give reason for running an operation, spending one or two or more hours in an HC or NIM operation and don't make it a waste of life time.

Ah ... and yes ... by the way: nerf the flashfire/talon in GSF and generelly boost the strike fighters ... THEY are the typical space superority fighters like a x-wing or tie interceptor BUT NOT A SCOUT!!!

For the first time ever I am looking through the swtor ********* section to find ways that I can exploit CXP since the system is trash. I think it's up to the community to figure out ways around this because this game belongs to us and not the devs.

For the first time ever I am looking through the swtor ********* section to find ways that I can exploit CXP since the system is trash. I think it's up to the community to figure out ways around this because this game belongs to us and not the devs.

I don't agree with RNG but the game does *not* belong to you.

I don't agree with RNG but the game does *not* belong to you.

as long as they want our money it does, without us they would have no game remember that. The same thing with our government, quit paying, if everyone cancels for a month to send em a message i think they would get it quick

as long as they want our money it does, without us they would have no game remember that. The same thing with our government, quit paying, if everyone cancels for a month to send em a message i think they would get it quick

There's a difference between intentionally exploiting the game and just not paying for it. And unlike our government they can pull the plug anytime they want.

In T3-M4 the first person (world first) has achieved rang 100 in galactic command. I spoke to him yesterday. He told me he needed about 30+ hours for this by hardcore grinding.

and did he get any set pieces in those first 100 boxes?

from what ive seen of the garbage thats been dropping it's an important question

Yeah i agree with it. It's total ******** to grind and grind for cxp for nothing in return. lol

I also can't afford to play 16 hours straight just to reach a certain cxp lvl.

And about the rng from chest it's ****inf hilarious, i opened over 80 packs and quess what i've only got 2 set pieces the rest was just crap.

I guess I sort of understand the reasoning behind this (I assume you don't want people trying to weasel out of punishment by claiming they were "testing" an exploit). But... it also concerns me as it sounds a bit heavy-handed.

I mean, say I stumble upon an exploit and accidentally do it once. How can you tell the difference between that and testing it, or that and doing it intentionally to get unintended rewards/progression? I don't see how you possibly could tell the difference and if you punish for first time offenders, that's not going to be taken well.

And what if I hear a rumor, but I think it might be bull and I want to test it before I go sending some nonsense report in? Would you rather players not take the initiative just so that you can better discern who has or hasn't broken the rules? It seems like it'd be obvious that if somebody does an exploit once or twice, they're only testing it or stumbled onto it and if they do it repeatedly, it's intentional.

You also need to be extra clear, as TUX pointed out, on what is and isn't an exploit with Galactic Command, if you are going to be extra diligent.

This isn't my first rodeo with postings in MMOs about exploits and I've seen it go awry before. You need to make it crystal clear what constitutes crossing the line and that means being proactive about the details of CXP and gains, not just being reactive when you inevitably get reports about some bug.

I'm mildly worried about it in this case as well.

Case and point (they deactivated this so I think it's ok to post up); CXP from clicking the command interface for the heroics. I thought we all got a 1x bonus for 'discovering' each of the CXP heroics for planets from the command UI.

A few days later, that gets disabled and I find out it's an exploit. Now, I did this on one character. I didn't rush others up to do it on them because I assumed it was working as intended so every character ever would get that 'discovery bonus' of CXP.

Nope. Exploit. Well FML... now I'm wondering if I'll get reset on her and I'm delaying using any of my schematics from that character because I'm in limbo. I'm not sure if I'm getting punished for making the mistake of thinking it was WAI, or if I'm fine because I did it on one character and there was nothing 'malicious' about my intent with getting click happy there.

I get exploits like buying chairs for 1 credit, and reselling for more to the vendor are obvious. I knew way back when that information got out not to do it, bad, exploit. However, in the case of this CXP issue, I'm just not sure and I'm worried about making more mistakes with it. So instead of really playing the new content I'm waiting for more exploits etc to get sealed up. I rather not be the one to discover 'Oops. Bad idea!' and get a reset or ban when it comes down to it.

and did he get any set pieces in those first 100 boxes?

from what ive seen of the garbage thats been dropping it's an important question

he said he was almost full 230 BiS, but people that used exploit and got to rank 100 last week mostly got like 10 pieces of BiS gear. I myself was lucky and till rank 25 i got 5 set bonus pieces for example.