What if Lucas made 3 movies on SWTOR?

Jax-o-tron

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, any segment from Star Wars canon looks like a fun period to look at. Even the Republic's founding looks like it could house all sorts of shinanegans. That's the good thing about this franchise, it's got epic written all over it's timeline.

I agree

Not going to happen, the events of SWTOR let alone the EU doesnt happen according to Lucas or his movie unvierse.

That's not true, Swtor, Kotor, and Kotor2 are all canon according to Lucas.

Also, a lot of the EU is actually canon as well, saying all of the events don't happen according to him is just wrong.

Also, a lot of the EU is actually canon as well, saying all of the events don't happen according to him is just wrong.

No they are not canon according to him. They are C-Canon, in his mind its only the Movies. And the movies are G-Canon.

Your completely wrong there. The events of the EU in all aspects dont happen in the movie universe.

If he did that, the combined nerdraging of KOTOR, film canon and extended universe fans would probably break the space-time continuum. (And I mean this in the nicest and most loving possible way!)

That'd be my guess, anyway.

Edited by Laurelinde

Personally, if Lucas would stay out of the production and writing, and let BioWare tell the story in three full length Animated Features, they would be epic. Not a live action film. LA tends to restrict the writers and directors from really showing what they want people to see as they have envisioned it, without the restrictions of physical actors going through the motions. Animation allows you to push all the boundaries without the potential for injury or interruptions. It lets them include things and add more effects that could be made for a LA film. Nevermind the constant moving and building of sets and moving from one location to the next.

Let me say this. When you take an American concept and then have it done with Eastern Animation styles, it generally looks INCREDIBLE! On the reverse side though, when you take an Anime/Manga and let fricken Hollywood try and make it into a live action, it turns into a giant steaming load of crap.

Examples

Speed Racer: Great old anime back in the day. Horrible movie.

G-Force: Originally it was 5 People in bird-like spandex costumes controlling vehicles that merged into one air-craft and fought against invading extra-terrestrial forces and was originally called Gatchaman by the creator, Amano Yo****aka. It was also called "Battle of the Planets" prior to being simply called G-Force when brought to America. Hollywood turned it into freaking GUINEA PIGS!!! :mad:

Avatar -The Last Airbender-: ...do I even need to explain this abomination?

I think my point is clear.

Let me say this. When you take an American concept and then have it done with Eastern Animation styles, it generally looks INCREDIBLE! On the reverse side though, when you take an Anime/Manga and let fricken Hollywood try and make it into a live action, it turns into a giant steaming load of crap.

Examples

Speed Racer: Great old anime back in the day. Horrible movie.

G-Force: Originally it was 5 People in bird-like spandex costumes controlling vehicles that merged into one air-craft and fought against invading extra-terrestrial forces and was originally called Gatchaman by the creator, Amano Yo****aka. It was also called "Battle of the Planets" prior to being simply called G-Force when brought to America. Hollywood turned it into freaking GUINEA PIGS!!! :mad:

Avatar -The Last Airbender-: ...do I even need to explain this abomination?

I think my point is clear.

Actually, your last 2 examples are completely off base. G-Force, the guinea pig movie had no relation to the old Battle of the Planets...the name was just coincidence. They were a force of secret agent, super-spy guinea pigs.

And Avatar: The Last Air Bender is an American franchise to begin with. The live-action adaptation may have been crap, but that's not a "Americans ruining a Japanese IP" thing.

And your other side doesn't hold up either. The biggest examples of American IP -> Japanese Anime I can think of are the Marvel Comics Anime movies....Have you seen what they did to Wolverine?...ick.

Edited by Inspecter

Hopefully no more would be made, unless its a new look from a different Star wars era,..

The last 3 made, almost completely split the fan base. Attack of the Clowns although great visuals like all the new ones, it had a silly name and contrived elements to patch holes in the story and make creditable links. Hope they do not make any more that are attached to the 6 that are out.

Edited by SNEAKYSIX

Actually, your last 2 examples are completely off base. G-Force, the guinea pig movie had no relation to the old Battle of the Planets...the name was just coincidence. They were a force of secret agent, super-spy guinea pigs.

And Avatar: The Last Air Bender is an American franchise to begin with. The live-action adaptation may have been crap, but that's not a "Americans ruining a Japanese IP" thing.

And your other side doesn't hold up either. The biggest examples of American IP -> Japanese Anime I can think of are the Marvel Comics Anime movies....Have you seen what they did to Wolverine?...ick.

Not trying to get off topic at the moment, but nobody remembers the dragonball and mario movie? Its a great example imo.

Edited by xShadow-