Cartel Market Player Housing Suggestions(its now official)

So I'm seeing the VIDEO.. but not a DANG thing on SWTOR.com about player housing. Why is that? Wouldn't they be plastering it all over the place?

Just curious folks... why no PR upswing on the main website? I see facebook has a post, but nothing here.

OMG NOOO, now that you mentioned it, i just took a look at the Calender, Two weeks out before April fools day,,,,,,, bitting finger nails BW if you screw with us on this one, ill kill you. Honestly they had me going with the Mini games you could do with your Ship droid, smh...

Edited by Rakugo

all I can say lets hope that history doesn't repeat itself. I really hope that these aren't just cookie cutter homes that all look the same pretty much like the star fighters. They bragged so much about being able to design your starfighter and they failed to do much for that. Or even look at the races all just humans with different paint job, hopefully they put some thought and care into these things and not just give us the normal half assed crap they give out now a days

Player housing should come with an appearance tab and new armor sets. Casual and "house" outfits, pyjamas etc.

Appearance tabs are unlikely with how gear shells exist now. clothing items I could totally see. Civilian Clothes for the Empire and Republic and nightwear.

I just hope we have like in Skyrim a Weapon Rack that can hold our weapons, and a mannequin that wears a set of our armor we equip onto it.

i would have to myself say no to

Hoth themed complex

Voss themed complex

Corellia themed complex

Makeb themed complex

mostly because of the story complex for one Hoth isn't a very wise place for a house i mean although it doesn't seem like it hoth is supposed to be a lethal temperature at times and would be a odd place for anyone to have a house (otolans not withstanding)

Voss is a complex one while i could see it being possible im not sure if the voss would approve of outsiders settling on their planet.

Corellia's problem is the fighting i mean the Empire is supposed to have been pushed off and the republic is supposed to win but due to the static world of this game going back u see that nothing has changed which is very immerse breaking.

Makeb would work for the empire but the republic beleives the planet was destroyed or uninhabitable.

I suppose for people who arnt bothered about immersion it doesn't matter but im just saying these wouldn't of intrest for me.

the rest i do think are a good idea though.

i would have to myself say no to

Hoth themed complex

Voss themed complex

Corellia themed complex

Makeb themed complex

mostly because of the story complex for one Hoth isn't a very wise place for a house i mean although it doesn't seem like it hoth is supposed to be a lethal temperature at times and would be a odd place for anyone to have a house (otolans not withstanding)

Voss is a complex one while i could see it being possible im not sure if the voss would approve of outsiders settling on their planet.

Corellia's problem is the fighting i mean the Empire is supposed to have been pushed off and the republic is supposed to win but due to the static world of this game going back u see that nothing has changed which is very immerse breaking.

Makeb would work for the empire but the republic beleives the planet was destroyed or uninhabitable.

I suppose for people who arnt bothered about immersion it doesn't matter but im just saying these wouldn't of intrest for me.

the rest i do think are a good idea though.

Hoth: Secret base, haven't you played the Inq or Agent Storyline? people put in warehouse hideaway bunkers there all the time, so for that type of scenario where its a hidden stronghold to others. I don't see it gamebreaking in any way.

Voss: The Alien Enclave. We could have set up apartments there. from a Developing point of view, I don't see the harm in it besides variety. and likely sooner or later we'll get Voss as a race. Body part files already exist ya'know?

Corellia: Its a giant planet, who says we have to be in a battlezone part. and also.

Republic do win. Empire side story quest shows the Darth taking over, but pubside they waltz in and kill him. in Black Hole they admit to abandoning the planet but not after destroying the planets planetary resource of refueling starfleets. Because secretly they can't keep a hold on the planet. But wont let it just be a here take it back for the Republic either.

Makeb: They could make it a "Resettlement zone" for the Republic. simple as that.

Edited by Magnusheart

The Corellia/Makeb issue seems like it could be solved pretty handily by making strongholds on each of those planets faction-specific (Corellia for the Republic and Makeb for the Empire), and restricting said strongholds to level 55+ characters.

Not to mention who says they have to stick to planets we can visit in the game now?

I would love a sith themed Korriban complet with like a small tomb to explore, it would be PERFECT for inquisitors, who seek knowledge, also the idea of trophies from major victories in the story like thanaton's lightsaber, Baras's mask, and a few others, are superb. ideas. I hope to see this in the game,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I really love all of these :D Here's some of my own ideas:

Locations:

Ilum

Personal space station (I don't care if its a False Emperor ripoff, make it happen :p)

Rakata Prime

3rd Rakatan space station (This would be awesome as a rare drop from Revan in an operation, the unlock item could be hyperspace coordinates)

Items:

Malgus's throne (from The False Emperor)

Rewards for codex entries, for example a mounted beast head if you have the beast in your codex

Dark Honor Guard npc

Sith npc

Jedi npc

Havoc Squad Commando npc

(Also, for rewards from The False Emperor and The Foundry, yes I'm a Malgus/Revan fanboy :p)

The False Emperor:

Story - Darth Malgus Holostatue

Hard - Darth Malgus's throne (I would say his saber or mask, but it fell down a reactor shaft :p And he could still be alive)

The Foundry:

Story - Revan Holostatue (Or HK-47 if Revan is an Operations boss)

Hard - Foundry holo projection, or perhaps something unique relating to his past.