Body Type 2 Male Trooper

Sassanacglen

I picked 3 for my commando because I wanted a character that looked like he could carry an assault cannon. And I picked 3 on my vanguard, because... Terry Tate Vanguard linebacker, I want people that get tackled by me in pvp to see the pain train coming.

I wish there was a body type 2.5 though, type 2 is too small and type 3 is kind of ridiculous. 2.5 would be what default shepard from ME would be btw, maybe 2.6.

I took my female trooper BT2. BT3 on female characters just looks very odd. BT 1 was for me to frail looking for the persona of a trooper, and while I am partial to the Female BT 4 appearance, I felt that it too did not fit the Trooper persona.

I took my female trooper BT2. BT3 on female characters just looks very odd.

BT3 females are easily the best size for female troopers, hands down. I'm 100% convinced that the BT3 model shown in the character creation screen is not the one used in-game, don't be scared away by it! The size 3 female model is the same height as the size 2 male models, but with feminine proportions. She's maybe 5'10"-5'11", 165ish pounds. BT2 is just too small at around 5'6" 120 pounds (BT1 is a malnourished twelve year old).

BT3 males look much better once you get the "plate" style armour. Early on, the "cloth uniform" makes him look like he has a distended barrel chest due to the placement of the pockets.

For example BT3 on a smuggler looks much better early on because the armour "fits" better. Also BT3 wears the full beard better than any of the other sizes, as it makes the face look slimmer (something you probably wouldn't put on a trooper)

BT3 females are easily the best size for female troopers, hands down. I'm 100% convinced that the BT3 model shown in the character creation screen is not the one used in-game, don't be scared away by it! The size 3 female model is the same height as the size 2 male models, but with feminine proportions. She's maybe 5'10"-5'11", 165ish pounds. BT2 is just too small at around 5'6" 120 pounds (BT1 is a malnourished twelve year old).

BT3 males look much better once you get the "plate" style armour. Early on, the "cloth uniform" makes him look like he has a distended barrel chest due to the placement of the pockets.

For example BT3 on a smuggler looks much better early on because the armour "fits" better. Also BT3 wears the full beard better than any of the other sizes, as it makes the face look slimmer (something you probably wouldn't put on a trooper)

i tried rolling one and they move funny IMO.

its like playing a dude more then a chick.

Are you sure you don't mean BT4 for females? That one is the same height as BT2, but with some fancy curves (and washboard stomach, unlike the male counterpart).

BT3 is a lot taller and well, manlier. I ran a dungeon with a female BT3 trooper, and my BT4 looked tiny next to her. As a matter of fact, especially since she was Zabrak and had no hair, I thought she was a dude toon until she won a convo roll and I heard her voice.

I'd say that in real measurements, a BT4 would be a good 6'0-6'2" and built like a football player. I'm 5'10" and used to towering over other women, but next to someone like that, I always feel small and insignificant.

In my opinion, for female troopers, BT2 and BT4 are probably the best - big enough to support that armor, but not manly in any way.

My bf has a BT3 Vanguard, and while the rifles look kind of puny on him, I think his toon looks pretty awesome. For male troopers, probably BT2 or BT3, unless you're going for a funnier look.

A little bit of topic, but I think the male BT2 would look a lot better if the shoulders were wider.

As it is, I just haven't been able to play a male BT2 for longer than 7-8 levels. Every single one I've created has been deleted and recreated as a male BT3 just because of the shoulder width issue. The BT2 just look too "scrawny". The BT3 looks better at the zoom level I play (toons feet about 2cm above the top quickslot bar).

If the body had a more pronounced "V" (thin waist, wide shoulders) to it, it would be so much better. (This might change when I get around to creating a Sage/Inquisitor, as I imagine them in my mind as being "skinnier".)

NOTE: All my opinion of course. Probably because I'm a RL BT2 but with wide shoulders giving me the "pronounced "V"". :)

• 6 months later...

I go back and forth between 2 and 3. I have had this game since release and I STILL CAN'T MAKE UP MY MIND!!!

The best way I can put it is that Body type 2 I think might look best in the very end game armor, the ones that have HUGE shoulders. The Type 3 just looks WAAAY to big in the end game armor for me. The armor with huge spikes in the shoulders looks RIDICULOUS on a 3 imo.

BUT until 50 I think 3 might look better than 2, depending on armor. The cadmimu ranger armor looks killer on a 3 and not so great on a 2.

I go back and forth and have a real hard time on this. Maybe we can put this up before congress and have them take a vote and settle this once and for all!!