Companion Quest Confusion

DPCummerbund

When I started this game, I had heard that companions have their own quests. What I didn't realize at the time was that for most companions, the quests are just conversations on the ship. Only one companion actually has a story that ever takes you off the ship to do some quests.

From one place I read, it looks like your class's first companion is the one with the real quests. I've only leveled one toon, a BH,

and this was true for her. Mako had the quests, and Mako herself to the class's storyline than any of the other companions

However, I've also started a Jedi Knight, with T7 as my first companion.

T7 has had some quests where he's gone and researched some stuff, but I haven't gone anywhere with him. On the other hand, the only other companion I have, Kira, has been much more central to the JK storyline. So is she going to be the one with all the quests, or is it still T7?

And is it really the 1st companion for all the classes?

Edited by DPCummerbund

And is it really the 1st companion for all the classes?

Can't help concerning Kira; the highest I've gotten a JK before deletion is level 14. But as for all the Imp classes and off-the-ship quests:

Khem, Vette, Kaliyo, Mako (and Rep/smug, Corso).

So it would seem that way, 1st companion with all the rest going off to do their individual quests without you. Maybe Kira is the exception?

I've re-edited my original post with spoiler tags just in case anyone doesn't want to know that information, but it does seem like this rule is true:

For every class except Jedi Knight, the first companion you get is the main companion for your plot, and has all the off-the-ship quests. For Jedi Knight, it's Kira, your second companion.

So this leads me to a similar question: are the companions mirrored from one class to the next? For example, does the ranged tank for one class have the same skill set as the ranged tank from another class?

So this leads me to a similar question: are the companions mirrored from one class to the next? For example, does the ranged tank for one class have the same skill set as the ranged tank from another class?

for the most part, yes, but their skills may have slight differences. for example, Khem is the only melee tank companion i know of that has a form of life steal. i haven't played every single class yet, so i can't say for sure, but out of the ones that i've seen, that is the case. the animations may be different too from companion to companion. but in general, yes, they all have the same skills.

Edited by happysister