Name Reporting function

Vunak

I see a report spam button, and if there is a Report Name function I would appreciate someone pointing it out to me.

But as RPer on Jung Ma, I am really tired of seeing people named Vadar, or Thepedobear. Since its a break in the TOS for once, would be nice to have a quick function to report these people invading our servers.

Don't get me wrong, I dont mind non-rpers that are just looking for a more mature community, but when I have to run by a massive bounty hunter named Bubblefett.............

Edited by Vunak

The unfortunate thing is that they don't have rules against silly names. They have rules against:

1. Obscene phrases

2. Harassment toward EA/BW/LA

3. Employee names

4. Copyrighted names

5. Pop culture names

6. Religious/political figure names

7. Star Wars location/object names

8. Star Wars character names

9. Titles

10. Drug terms

11. l33t speak

12. Variants of the above (e.g., Look Skyrunner)

13. Unpronounceable gibberish

--but that's it. There are no actual rules against making a name like "Thesausage" or "Apprentice" or "Bananadrum." I've seen two of the three in-game on the Ajunta Pall server. They weren't even bad players either, just seemed not to be concerned with the RP nature of the server.

EDIT:

Here are the full explanations:

# Naming Policy

When creating a character or guild name for Star Wars: The Old Republic, it is encouraged that you select a name that reflects the theme of the game. The guidelines listed below outline the types of names that you can NOT use, and apply to both player or character names, as well as guild names.

1. You may not use any names that violate the General Rules. This includes the use of names that are hateful, defamatory, racist, ethnically offensive, obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, or any other language that is offensive in nature.

2. You may not use names that are harassing or defamatory to other players or employees of EA, BioWare or LucasArts, e.g. EASUX, Timsretarded, and Biowaresux.

3. You may not use names of any EA, BioWare, or LucasArts employee or service related to Star Wars: The Old Republic.

4. You may not use names of copyrighted or trademarked characters, materials or products, e.g. Coca-Cola or Dr. Pepper.

5. You may not use names from popular culture or media, e.g. Lady Gaga or George Lucas.

6. You may not use names that are religiously or historically significant, e.g. Jesus, Winston Churchill.

7. You may not use proper names of areas within Star Wars for character names. Guild names, however, MAY use the proper names of specific areas to help promote role-playing and realm pride, e.g. Defenders of Tython or Protectors of Hutta.

8. You may not use proper names of non-player characters within Star Wars: The Old Republic, e.g. Darth Malgus, Satele Shan, Yoda, Darth Vader or Luke Skywalker.

9. You may not use names containing titles or ranks within them, e.g. General Supertrooper, Captain Tim, Darth Timmy, Knight Wakey.

10. You may not use names that refer to drugs or that are drug related.

11. You may not use names that contain an inappropriate phrase, sentence or any fragment of a sentence or Leet speak, e.g. uberhaxer, xxspeederxx, lolface, rofl, Noobwhacker, TimmyF**k, kock, fuk.

12. You may not use misspellings or alternative spellings of names that violate any of the above rules, e.g. Hamsolo, Yooda, DorthVader.

13. You may not use gibberish names when creating character, e.g. ajsdu, rifndsw, qweszs.

If you violate any part of the above Naming Policy you will either be assigned a new name, or given the option of changing the name. In addition to this, your account could incur a penalty up to and including account closure.

Source:http://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/roc

Edited by fodigg

Yeah. I've only been reporting the ones meant to be offensive. But wish there was a right-click option of "Report Naming Violation".

In addition to that, I would also like to see a "Report Harassment" option too.

I know these two choices are in the in-game ticket submit system. But the problem with that is, they do not capture a chat log to show to the CSR's the offensive content. I could hand type it all up, but then its about as guaranteed as me saying the earth is flat.

There has been a few cases where someone comes on and starts talking about sexual body parts doing things to twileks and children and all manner of unacceptable crap. Some offenders had names that are fine under the policy, but their chat content was seriously off the rocker, with no way to send the chat log with a report.

For those, I just said screwit and used the "Report Spam" option, and hope the CSR understands why I did it.