50 Flashpoints, impossible? or very hard?

So this is the 2nd time we've had to give up on a normal flashpoint.

yesterday we ran the false emperor and got stuck on malgus, basically he hits 29k hp, and starts channeling lightning, we knock him against the edge and he appears to hit a invisible wall for 1-2 minutes then we die. (the damage is not outhealable at this point)

so today we gave directive 7 a try,

not even a 50 flashpoint we went in with 4 50's and got stuck on the 2nd or 3rd boss, an artillery droid with unexplainable huge bursts against players not in melee, and random bursts taking players to 40-20% hp. while burning the tank.

So why are we failing this?

our setup was for both instances 1 healer 1 tank 2 dps.

we all wear 48-50 blue quality gear with 2-3 epic pvp pieces mixed in.

How did you succeed?

Edited by Sneezilz

By actually thinking.

We just cleared 4/5 nightmare (jokemare) in a single night while wiping at most 4 times on a boss, I hope this game gets HARDER because right now its a joke because people like you can have trouble thinking about how mechanics work.

So this is the 2nd time we've had to give up on a normal flashpoint.

yesterday we ran the false emperor and got stuck on malgus, basically he hits 29k hp, and starts channeling lightning, we knock him against the edge and he appears to hit a invisible wall for 1-2 minutes then we die. (the damage is not outhealable at this point)

so today we gave directive 7 a try,

not even a 50 flashpoint we went in with 4 50's and got stuck on the 2nd or 3rd boss, an artillery droid with unexplainable huge bursts against players not in melee, and random bursts taking players to 40-20% hp. while burning the tank.

So why are we failing this?

our setup was for both instances 1 healer 1 tank 2 dps.

we all wear 48-50 blue quality gear with 2-3 epic pvp pieces mixed in.

How did you succeed?

Read tooltips. Malgus needs to get knocked back twice to count.

The normal mode Flashpoints are simple once you learn the mechanics. The hard modes are a bit harder in terms of dmg needed and gear requirements. Besides that all of the Flashpoints, besides some of the really buggy ones, are completely do able.

My group and I have completed all of them but Boarding Party and The Foundry because of the last bosses, but we will be trying them once we are better geared.

Nothing is impossible or overturned in the Flashpoints especially the normal modes.

By actually thinking.

We just cleared 4/5 nightmare (jokemare) in a single night while wiping at most 4 times on a boss, I hope this game gets HARDER because right now its a joke because people like you can have trouble thinking about how mechanics work.

Way to be rude, and not even remotely helpful.

about malgus, we knocked him against the edge 4-6 times before we died each try, he simply wouldnt drop in so we gave up after 4-8 attempts. guessing that he needed to be knocked somewhere else, but after all the wipes we didnt really feel like "trying" other stuff.

as a healer i dont get to read many tooltips as there is always something to heal, nobody is ever topped.

ive got alot of experience healing other mmo's and im fairly certain im pushing the max amount of hps the sorcerer has available. im just dumbfounded that we cant get through these

The normal mode Flashpoints are simple once you learn the mechanics. The hard modes are a bit harder in terms of dmg needed and gear requirements. Besides that all of the Flashpoints, besides some of the really buggy ones, are completely do able.

My group and I have completed all of them but Boarding Party and The Foundry because of the last bosses, but we will be trying them once we are better geared.

Nothing is impossible or overturned in the Flashpoints especially the normal modes.

Not a lot of players understand group mechanics, but it can help you achieve objectives faster. Also, if you know how your friends always play you have an advantage since you can adjust and be more efficient as a group than a solo player can be with a pug.

So, as Shadowcatra implies... find some players to always group with.

Directive 7 is easily the hardest flashpoint. Just keep working at it. The trick to Bulwark is to have your group standing next to the two panels on either side of him at all times. Also, when he does his green immunity bubble, you don't have to (and probably shouldn't) hit the switches immediately, at least on normal mode. He doesn't deal any damage during this phase, so it's a good time for your healer to top everybody off and recover their energy. Other than that, it's just a matter of avoiding AoE and staying in melee range. Edited by raelimar

Even with gear Boarding Party and Foundry are probably the two hardest in game hands down as far as final bosses go for the hard modes. Directive 7 had the hardest non last boss fight out of all the heroic boss fights in the game that are not last boss fights. And as for the final boss in False Emperor(you guys don't know how to *********** label for spoilers), he has to be knocked off in the middle walkway. Just have to be careful on heroic he has a RIDICULOUS range on the knockback he does when he uses it.

As for Bulwark, like others have stated, hit the switch and CC the droids, or kill the droids and hit the switch. In Heroic you don't have time to f around so it becomes a mad rush to keep him under constant DPS. You can't interrupt the Laser Burst attack but you MUST interrupt the other one otherwise you open opportunities for non tank dps/heals to be smashed in the face.

I have also completed every HM FP in the game and I still stand by the logic of BP and Foundry being the hardest Final bosses in the game.