Help On Operater IX TFB HM

On Phase 2 of the fight a move called disinfection hits 1 of us for like 18k then right after hits u with a ranged attack to finish it off and pretty much a 1 shot. I have heard people say that running on peoples color circles during black obtuse causes it but just want to see what most people think of it and how they do it with there guild

intelligent answers would help a lot thanks guys!!!!

It actually works different then the previous poster said.

The said boss attack takes place exacly 3 seconds after its shield drops. Tanks have to spot immediatly then. Also, you get more damage, the more circles you delete. There's a stacking debuff that you get when you delete a circle. If you have 2, the disinfection will hit harder. Unlike the above poster said, it doesn't matter, if you run over other colors or keep standing in a circle or run through the middle.

The essential thing to remember is the tank's spot at the right time.

Edited by Morngwath

We tell everybody to never stand on a circle, at any time, unless you are getting your colour. Once the colour disappears it is time to step off. Tanks also need to be very quick on taunting.

This, sans the taunting. Taunting doesn't have any really affect. He will randomly "Delete" a player if someone has run through a color that is not their own.

I've tried the taunting method before, taunting about .5 second before his shield drops so that I still have his aggro forced for 5 more seconds, he usually does Deletion within 3 after the shield drops and regardless of whether or not his Aggro is forced on myself or the other tank.

I think stepping one someone else's color has no effect on this (though avoiding it regardless is quite easy)

Anyway, 3 or 4 seconds after a black obtuse, boss will target someone and immediately hit them by around 18k, less if you popped a defensive cd. That damage is unavoidable. It doesn't matter if the boss was taunted during that time, it will still switch target and nuke someone.

Two things to avoid death. First, healers must have everybody topped off after a black obtuse, so they can survive that first huge hit. Second, tank must taunt immediately after someone got that hit, failing that , boss will continue its attack and will kill that player.

Edited by wainot-keel

I think stepping one someone else's color has no effect on this (though avoiding it regardless is quite easy)

Anyway, 3 or 4 seconds after a black obtuse, boss will target someone and immediately hit them by around 18k, less if you popped a defensive cd. That damage is unavoidable. It doesn't matter if the boss was taunted during that time, it will still switch target and nuke someone.

Two things to avoid death. First, healers must have everybody topped off after a black obtuse, so they can survive that first huge hit. Second, tank must taunt immediately after someone got that hit, failing that , boss will continue its attack and will kill that player.

The Disinfection is indeed random target, but it is not unavoidable. It all comes down to making sure people do not run over the wrong colors during Black Obtuse.

Each time a circle of your color is cleared by the correct people in Black Obtuse, you each get one stack of an effect called (Whatever your color) Convex in your debuff bar per circle, (i.e. Blue Convex, Purple Convex, etc)

This effect protects you from disinfection. If you get hit with Disinfection and you have 2 stacks from clearing both circles, you take ~4k. No biggie. If you get targeted by Disinfection and you have fewer than 2 stacks, you get hit for ~19k and will probably die.

I think Disinfection is RNG based, our 2 tanks haven't had much success figuring our taunt timing. So everyone having 2 stack of their Convex is crucial.

tl;dr --> Don't run through other people's circles in Black Obtuse, they need them to survive Disinfection. And also Disinfection doesn't always happen after Black Obtuse

Edited by PhantomMalice

There is actually a very simple method of handling this:

1.5-2 seconds after Black Obtuse is done casting, have the tank taunt. He will get hit for a moderate amount that would have otherwise gone to someone else but no one else will take damage. I tank this with a sin and after datacores are down, he respecs dps and i solo tank all of phase 2. I only mention that to show you that once your tank learns how the mechanics operate, its basically a 1 tank fight. The only thing to keep in mind is that if you tank gets targeted for deletion, which happens a lot now, he does like to drop aggro, so save aoe taunt for those occasions.

Ive seen other people use 2 tanks for it. 1 tank taunts right before black obtuse is ending and the other tank taunts right after the cast is done. This will cause the first tank who taunted to take the hit instead of a dps/healer.

Hope this helps clear up some issues.

On Phase 2 of the fight a move called disinfection hits 1 of us for like 18k then right after hits u with a ranged attack to finish it off and pretty much a 1 shot. I have heard people say that running on peoples color circles during black obtuse causes it but just want to see what most people think of it and how they do it with there guild

intelligent answers would help a lot thanks guys!!!!

What often happens is the big add will come and knock your healer or whoever managed to get agro into a circle of the wrong color. As a heals I have to watch out for that and make sure they knock me across the inner circle, not to the outside.

Could be other things going wrong too but this is the only instance of messing up the circles i have seen.

Edited by Mookind

Ive seen other people use 2 tanks for it. 1 tank taunts right before black obtuse is ending and the other tank taunts right after the cast is done. This will cause the first tank who taunted to take the hit instead of a dps/healer.

Not sure I understand how that works. I've seen the boss switching targets even during the six seconds window of a tank's taunt.

Not sure I understand how that works. I've seen the boss switching targets even during the six seconds window of a tank's taunt.

That might work actually - if the "random target" it switches to is actually the second person on the aggro list that would guarantee that it hits a tank.

This, sans the taunting. Taunting doesn't have any really affect. He will randomly "Delete" a player if someone has run through a color that is not their own.

I've tried the taunting method before, taunting about .5 second before his shield drops so that I still have his aggro forced for 5 more seconds, he usually does Deletion within 3 after the shield drops and regardless of whether or not his Aggro is forced on myself or the other tank.

You taunt too soon. The boss resets aggro a couple of seconds after the shield finishes the channel regardless of taunt. That's when you should taunt.

There is actually a very simple method of handling this:

1.5-2 seconds after Black Obtuse is done casting, have the tank taunt. He will get hit for a moderate amount that would have otherwise gone to someone else but no one else will take damage. I tank this with a sin and after datacores are down, he respecs dps and i solo tank all of phase 2. I only mention that to show you that once your tank learns how the mechanics operate, its basically a 1 tank fight. The only thing to keep in mind is that if you tank gets targeted for deletion, which happens a lot now, he does like to drop aggro, so save aoe taunt for those occasions.

You have a tank respec midfight, with all the stuff going on? Does he change all his gear too? And thats on a fight which has a very very loose enrage timer. Either your DPS are bads or your co tank is trying to be snazzy. There is absolutely no need to respec midfight.

Does he do it for the 4th boss too? as after 50% its a 1 tank fight.

Edited by sankalp

You have a tank respec midfight, with all the stuff going on? Does he change all his gear too? And thats on a fight which has a very very loose enrage timer. Either your DPS are bads or your co tank is trying to be snazzy. There is absolutely no need to respec midfight.

Does he do it for the 4th boss too? as after 50% its a 1 tank fight.

I don't know why we haven't thought about solo tanking tfb kephess sub 50% yet, but I now know what we're doing this week. My co tank also goes dps for all of minefield in nim ec, but that's just because he likes being snazzy I think.

Yeah there is no need for it, but it's a good way to break up the routine of some of the fights. Or maybe our dps are just bads, who knows.