Level 55 entry date

_DarkTemplar_

Looks like if payed subscriber dont buy expansion, he have only 2 ways:

1. buy expansion

2. /quit game and /unsub

right?

It's reasonable to assume that because most content going forward will likely be aimed at level 55 players.

People who stay at 50 might get War Zones and maybe some events but I don't see much outside of that.

But do you think it's fair that a Game Developer (in this case BW) is leaving people behind who initially payed for the game and balanced combat trees up to 50?

I am just thinking as well about the f2p accounts. They have to face this changes and will most likely never be able to clear EC nightmare on level 50...

Where's the problem? Blizzard does it in WoW every year and nobody complains.

They have to face this changes and will most likely never be able to clear EC nightmare on level 50...

So? There will be new lvl 55 content. If they wanted to do EC NiM they could during the last 6 months. It's not a subbers problem.

Looks like if payed subscriber dont buy expansion, he have only 2 ways:

1. buy expansion

2. /quit game and /unsub

right?

There will still be Level 50 content which can be played--I don't have the breakdown, but for example, I think most of the current 1.x HM FPs and Ops and some of the Dailies are remaining level 50--it's just that players who don't buy the expansion will be locked out of the new content and underleveled for some of the existing content which is having its level raised (like Section X Dailies, which were level 52 when I did stick my nose into the PTS).

But like other commenters said, if someone is interested in playing that much at endgame, I suspect they're going to want to pony up the one-time hit for the expansion. If they're not, then they can skip buying the expansion and play the game however they want to play it (which, for me, for a long time, was simply leveling).

Edited by AlixMV

As with the game software itself, the time will come (in the not too terribly distant future, I might add) when this expansion does not cost additional money to access. Those of us who are "early adopters" will pay extra for it and support the expansion's development in the process. That's just the way the cycle goes. :cool:

As a new player, what is this expansion bringing for me? (other than the holostatue thing which i don't know what it does). Feels like I do not have to rush buying it. Any insights?

From what we've learned so far, it's bringing a sizeable amount of planetary content for the new Makeb environment. This also includes some new reputation vendors and a slew of new armors and gears that can be acquired. One of these is the classic speeder bike from Return of the Jedi, which many players (including myself) have been waiting for. (Even though I still love my sparky, smoky Scrapper.)

It is bringing a new operation, Scum & Villainy.

It is adding some new mini-game microgame abilites such as the Macrobinoculars and Seeker Droid, which you can use to scope out not only Makeb but other planets you've already been to for special items that you can find, etc.

It is adding some new missions that take you back through other planets you've already been to in new scenarios. At least one of these is some kind of mission where you're chasing someone through Nar Shaddaa, for instance, battling while you're flying on speeders or something like this.

There's a lot more than "just a planet", and it's only $9.99, or was just a short while ago.

Edited by Kubernetic

From what we've learned so far, it's bringing a sizeable amount of planetary content for the new Makeb environment. This also includes some new reputation vendors and a slew of new armors and gears that can be acquired. One of these is the classic speeder bike from Return of the Jedi, which many players (including myself) have been waiting for. (Even though I still love my sparky, smoky Scrapper.)

It is bringing a new operation, Scum & Villainy.

It is adding some new mini-game microgame abilites such as the Macrobinoculars and Seeker Droid, which you can use to scope out not only Makeb but other planets you've already been to for special items that you can find, etc.

It is adding some new missions that take you back through other planets you've already been to in new scenarios. At least one of these is some kind of mission where you're chasing someone through Nar Shaddaa, for instance, battling while you're flying on speeders or something like this.

There's a lot more than "just a planet", and it's only $9.99, or was just a short while ago.

right but none of this is something I get benefit at level 22. hence the term "rush".

Has the amount of questing content for this expansion been revealed or hinted at? I know it's a planet, but will it be the amount of content typical of existing planets (Balmorra, etc), or will it be a lot larger?

I'm really worried that we'll get another planet, people will finish it very quickly, and then say "...is that it?"

I'm really worried that we'll get another planet, people will finish it very quickly, and then say "...is that it?"

That would happen regardless, just like it did for the power levelers on release early access. I clearly recall one of the guys who played through beta then in prerelease got to level 50 in a couple days only to complain of how there was nothing to do. Why do we assume there will be more than there is advertised?

But don't worry, the mighty PR machine of Bioware have told us about how the couple days worth of play Makeb and some new dailies with bionoculars and probes will be so good for six weeks, then we can probaby have another Gree event repeat.