1.4 Overload

makaru

Who EVER complained about overload before the new 1.4 version should be shot.

Who EVER designed this new overload should be shot.

Complete garbage. It looks ridiculous because the animation is out of sync. They should just reduce the animation to the sorc/sage simply flipping the bird.

I know I will (pumps middle finger at devs)

The new overload SUX!!!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have been fine with it if it also had sent the enemies flying 20 meters and landing on their backs. This is not the case though so it's basically just a suvivability nerf ontop of the retarded move to nerf the stun range.

They don't want conculars/inqs in PvP.

• 5 weeks later...

With the new Overload, you can leap and knockback opponents on higher grounds in mid leap. Did it tonight. I was in mid and the ball carrier was surrounded on the 1st level platform right above the wind jet trap. I jumped up to set up the shot, Overloaded and did a clean sweep of all of the guys on the BC then landed back at mid. I have electric bindings for the root, of course, so the bought some time. Led to a score eventually.

But the animation was still cheesy. ;)

I've come to like the change to overload, as it is now more strategic than before; however, the animation desperately needs to be changed!

In one of the original articles regarding combat animations, Principal Lead Animator Mark How stated, "For The Old Republic, we are committed to giving you a great combat experience through aesthetic movement, strong character and great design." This new animation for overload fails on the very merits BioWare has established for itself.

As with many other facets of this game, BioWare needs to stay true to those things that make it unique. The cinematic experience of combat is a feature that separates The Old Republic from other games, so I urge the developers to not let the combat animations fall to the wayside. Please fix this animation soon :)

Been playing with overload, and have a few observations:

1. It is a clear nerf.

2. The range of the knock back is definitely shorter. Tested this out on Voidstar bridges, the old version would knock an enemy off from the right side of the bridge off the left side. The new version will not knock someone off, unless they are on the left side of the bridge .. off the left side. If the person to be knocked off is even close to the center then they will land on the edge of the bridge. Clearly a nerf.

3. The damage from overload is so low as to make it useless except for the 2 second stun. Which is equally useless for running away from everything.

Chisaineko

50 pvp sorc

Oh look, the fixed the bug of the ability not being instant.... by nerfing it into the ground. When has BW decided to give a massive nerf rather than fixing the issue before?

Oh right! When they couldn't figure out how to remove the double DI instant cast proc so instead they removed it entirely and put something useless in instead.

Good job BW! Everyone's calling you a failure, but I think we all know deep inside that's not true.

After all, you never fail to disappoint us! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Simply put :

For PvE its now awesome. Sorc especially don't have to "rush" to interrrupt with it. Also you keep CCed at your back with tank sin, and can give the party's aoe breathing space.

For PvP warzones with their lag, its easy to miss the one you want to push back.

Lack of force cost makes it rather nice on assassin's limited pool tough.

Not a fan of the cone effect over the 360....but i can learn to deal with it....just makes the spell less useful for me.

However, the animation is horrible.....they kept the old animation..but made the spell fire instantly...and just sped up the old animation.

If anything...just change the animation..from a jump.....to maybe just slamming the ground with your palm....it could be done quicker so as to not look retarded.

After being gone from the game for so long...I wasn't prepared for it to look less polished than when I left...

They ruined it, they added some distance to the push and made some erratic animation/fx that makes no sense. The skill that you used to push people back who where chasing you or to knock people off was made 100% to knock people off ledges standing in front of you and it even sucks at that. EA/Bioware developer team is a joke and so is whomever is in charge of it.

I don't understand why a class that's supposed to be ranged got their knockback nerfed. I mean a Sentinel can knock me back 35 meters it seems, then leap to me. Isn't a melee class supposed to keep you close to them?

With the new Overload, you can leap and knockback opponents on higher grounds in mid leap. Did it tonight. I was in mid and the ball carrier was surrounded on the 1st level platform right above the wind jet trap. I jumped up to set up the shot, Overloaded and did a clean sweep of all of the guys on the BC then landed back at mid. I have electric bindings for the root, of course, so the bought some time. Led to a score eventually.

But the animation was still cheesy. ;)

Standing on the sand bags at mid while the other team is above you in front of the fire pit, jump, and a well timed mid air Overload will send them into the fire. Also, if you are on one of the sides by the health buff and their team/ball carrier is on the lower platform, you can knock them off with a mid air Overload.

I don't understand why a class that's supposed to be ranged got their knockback nerfed. I mean a Sentinel can knock me back 35 meters it seems, then leap to me. Isn't a melee class supposed to keep you close to them?

Guardian or Juggernaut you mean.

whaaaaaaaa

Babies it is better this way learn to play.

Dropped on your head too many times as a child were you?

Something that only hits people in a 120 or whatever degree arc before you is less than a 360 degree arc.

Look, I know you failed math and probably think when I say degrees I'm talking about temperature- but trust me on this one. 360 degrees is more than 120.

When it was radial, it had more coverage than conal.

This was a big nerf- and the only people happy about it are lolsmash monkeys- let's make smash conal, see how they whine about that one.

Oh wait- that would be nerfing BW's favourite class- so it'll never happen.